Paul Gauguin Transfers

vegasbb

We fly in on Saturday into PPT on airfare booked by Regents. Our cruise departs 4 hours after we land. In the past Regents has provided transfers - is this still the case?

Also if anyone could help me figure out where the PG docks in PPT? Our ferry to Moorea picks us up "downtown" at the "ferry dock" . Any idea how we get there from where the PG docks?

Thanks so much in advance!

Thanks so much! Yes, we are going directly from the ship to our transfer to Moorea so I'm glad it's all in the same place. This is so helpful.

Next question - Anyone have any ideas on where to store luggage in Tahiti ? Our flight isn't until 11 PM on the last day of our trip. We were thinking of taking a morning ferry in from Moorea and exploring a bit, but not sure if we'd hvae somewhere to put our bags. How hard is it to get from the ferry place to the airport? Is car rental to get around a decent idea?

There's a luggage storage facility at the airport. I've never used it, but lots of people have posted about it, and it sounds reliable.

I'm not sure where the car rental places are, there's probably one downtown. Someone can confirm I'm sure. That would be one way of storing your luggage.

Think about what you want to do with your day in Tahiti. If you want to get out and see the island, a car would be fun, although be aware that traffic is quite bad, especially in Papeete. From port to airport is about 20 minutes or so, as I remember. So dropping your luggage at the airport then walking around Papeete would involve lots of back and forth.

Then think about Moorea--you could hire a rental car your last morning there, take your luggage with you, explore the island, and drop the car off at the ferry later in the afternoon. But that's a personal preference--Moorea is beautiful. I think the ferries stop running around sunset.

To each his own, of course, but I would stay on the beach in Moorea until I had to leave to get to the airport on time. Your hotel should be willing to give you access to a day room to prepare for your trip home if you stay around after check out.

Of course I am addicted to the beaches and lagoons of French Polynesia.

Archived