Waves Summit Nice France

beer1234

Just got a call from my son on the Summit. 15 to 20 ft waves and stuck on the ship for the day as they cannot tender. Would there be any compensation for this or is it just tough luck. Also would anyone know of a weather site that will give wave height forecasts for more than a day for the Mediterranean. I've looked a lot and can't fine one. You'd think with the amount of shipping there they'd have a better forecast.

You'd think with the amount of shipping there they'd have a better forecast.

No one can control the weather. Port calls are made up way in advance and stormy seas can not be predicted.

Safety of passengers is way more important than the inconvenience of a missed port.

We did a transAtlantic on Summit last spring and had 3 DAYS of 15 to 20 foot seas. We still had an absolutely fantastic time, it just wasn't great for being on the decks.

That is what happens when you are on the water ... sometimes there are big waves, sometimes there are calm seas. Even the very best forecasters can only give probabilities that there will be waves. We live right on the Atlantic and storms can come up or shift in a matter of hours.

I would hope that your son recognized that there was going to be some risk in that he booked a cruise on the open water.

Several yrs. ago on NCL Jewel we missed Funchal due to thruster problem (or so they told us). They credited our OB accts. $$100. I love Funchal, so being ticked, I marched down & took an additional $100 off my auto gratuties act. This is a way to do it if no credit is offered.

Several yrs. ago on NCL Jewel we missed Funchal due to thruster problem (or so they told us). They credited our OB accts. $$100. I love Funchal, so being ticked, I marched down & took an additional $100 off my auto gratuties act. This is a way to do it if no credit is offered.

Does that mean that you did not eat nor use your cabin while you stiffed the help (waiters and cabin stewards) for an incident beyond their control?

Yea those waiters and cabin stewards really deserved it!

As they say in the south "That ain't right". Your hard working staff had nothing to do with the big waves you encountered.

And besides, did you really think the cruiseline would intuitively know that giving bad tips to the staff meant you were upset about missing a port?

Let me get this right....you "marched down" and took OFF an additional $100.00 for gratuities? And you did this because of a mechanical problem? Why punish the attendants and servers for a mechanical issue?

I just don't understand some people's logic...

Hopefully this a lame joke. Otherwise that is despicable. :mad::eek::rolleyes:

Remember folks, this is the Age of "Me" and the "I'll show you" guy that "marched" right down and removed $100 from his tips just proved that BIG TIME. I wonder how he would feel if the shoe was on the other foot. Takes all kinds, but this guy is unbelievable:(

Wow, what an adult way to handle that. I'll bet the waiters and your cabin attendants were out there stirring up those waves just to get you.

Bad enough that you did such an awful thing to those that had nothing to do with the problem, but then to be so low as to boast about it on these boards or even repeat your no class actions to anyone!

Patty

How smart is that? One has no bearing on the other! :confused:

Usually the cruise lines refund the port fees for the missed port.

We tendered in rough seas in Cabo recently. It was quite scary getting back to the ship.

I'm still pondering this! Is anybody really that stupid or selfish?

Just got a call from my son on the Summit. 15 to 20 ft waves and stuck on the ship for the day as they cannot tender. Would there be any compensation for this or is it just tough luck. Also would anyone know of a weather site that will give wave height forecasts for more than a day for the Mediterranean. I've looked a lot and can't fine one. You'd think with the amount of shipping there they'd have a better forecast.

Weather is not something that can be controlled by the Captain. We've missed ports of call several times-no big deal-wouldn't even think about asking for compensation. We were grateful the captain didn't put us and the ship in jeopardy. Just enjoy the cruise and be content. Once our captain took us to an alternate port but we couldn't dock there either so just roll with the punches. Weather and other unforseen things happen.

Archived