Would you book a year in advance?

jtdlmc

Booked my current cruises (2011) this past June - way more than a year out. Got to pick my cabin, same one, both legs and have plenty of time topay it off and save for the excursions. Go ahead and enjoy. All my cruises were booked 6-12 mos (or more) in advance.

I never book a year out.......no reason to. Just remember if you do book ES and get cancel for any reason insurance.....the price for the insurance can easily defeat the savings you get on ES.........just a thought.........

We normally will book no more then 6 months out...usually 3 months and have never had a problem picking our own cabins......and we always get a group of balconies in a row.......

I booked my April 2011 Hawaiian cruise as soon as it was available (August of this year). I wanted a wraparound balcony (Cat 11). I'm glad I booked early because now that category has changed and the price went up!

We have booked all of ours a year ahead. Our first cruise was on the Celebration. DH booked us on another cruise for the same ship for our second one. Before we could take it, Carnival had moved the Celebration and replaced it with the Fascination. Sweet upgrades and OBC's for our trouble. Nice, very nice. Since we didn't think it was problem to start with.;) Now we are booked on the Dream. The only thing is the torture from watching the clock tick. Sweet, Sweet Torture. :D

We almost always book our Cruises a year in advance.

We just booked a Western Caribbean on the Dream for April 2, 2011.

We have never booked that far in advance.:eek:

I was kind of worried it would book up fast, being a new ship, and the rates seemed pretty good.

We will have plenty of time to pay off, and save for spending!:D

Plus we have always had to book 2 cabins, and I don't want our DD, and her friend to be on the other end of the ship.

Choices choices and more are a personal matter.

I usually want the very best Cost Basis and to have the Ships leave from New Jersey here and/or New York.

I usually Book and Pay in Full for my two or three cabins. When others want to come along/about I tell them what is available and they may well buy+in and book the ship trip then cruise.

I have found the Best Coast Basis possible is usually closer to when the ships leave.

But again booking is a personal choice.

That CCL/CUK :NYSE/LSE Carnival Shareholder Benefit is a great benefit and is better than RCL :NYSE now too !:cool:

Another reason I think I should book now is to have it done before I change my mind :eek: We are resort people. I have always wanted to do a cruise but everytime I start looking into it, I fall back into the "resort is better/cheaper" mode and go for the resort vacation. Again last night I started having "cruise doubts" - gotta get it booked - LOL.

Yep... I would book a year out with Early Saver. If the price drops in the coming year you can always file a claiim for onboard credit.

You can do the same up until final payment if you book regular........

True, but the prices are soooo much better with ES. Worth the $50 pp loss risk to me!

We almost always book a year or more out. I like the planning, getting first dibs on great cabins and hanging out on the roll call to get to know others cruising with us. :)

We try to book as far out as possible esp. if it's during a Holiday or school vacation time frame. You get a better price (as they rarely go down) and you get a better cabin choice! :) Our upcoming Conquest cruise was booked well over a year ago and the price has doubled p/p for our cat cabin in the past 6 months! :eek: My DH is returning to Colege next fall so we've booked a Christmas 2010 cruise already.:D I say go for it and don't worry about the Destiny any Ship can have problems at any given time. Happy Cruising!

I just did a comparison "shop" with a couple of the ships I have chosen for 2011. All of the 2010 prices (same week in February) are more expensive then the EBR for 2011. On two of the ships only balcony rooms with night clubs above (spa deck) were available. The ship that did have a balcony available on the deck I have chosen for 2011 was $400 more than the price for 2011 - so if I have to make changes to my 2011 booking at a cost of $200, it is still cheaper to book now using the EBR and then I am also assured my preferred room location.

Take a peek at my countdown clock! Yep.... a year away.... the last cruise we did we sailed 9-19-09... we booked it right after we got back from our first cruise on 11-6-08!

We're not lucky enough to go more then once a year. (even though I still try :D ) So I sit and dream for a year about "our next cruise"

Archived