Tequila, Tile & Shopping Excursion

edselone

We did this excursion last February on the Star. It was my least favorite of the ones we did. We drove to the end of the Malecon before being able to get off the bus and then only had about 20 minutes there. I would have loved to walk the entire boardwalk and take pictures of all of the interesting sculptures and browse the shops in the area.

The church we went to was at the end of the Malecon area and to the left, and was nice to see but I could have walked there on my own as well.

The tile shop was nice to go to. I don't remember how far away that was from the Malecon area but I think there are many tile shops there to go in.

The tequila factory was supposed to include lunch, but it was not very good at all. It was mostly just trying to get you to buy expensive tequila from a local distillery.

We hope to go back there someday. We originally booked the Mariner of the Seas with RCCL to go back next September (NCL was not sailing the MR until end of Oct.), but I got a great price on the new Epic for the same week - and I think I was having anxiety attacks about not being on NCL. There are too many things on NCL that "make" my cruise.

If I had to do it over, I would just hire a cab to go to the Malecon area and explore on my own. I like scenery and shopping though, so it depends on what you are looking for. Hope this helps.

Archived