Switching around people in rooms after boarding

nikita

This will be our first experience on NCL so not sure if this will cause difficulties. Here's our scenario. My daughter is booked on a cruise with her boyfriends family which we have decided to also book as well and take my sons girlfriend along. We booked a room for my husband and myself and a room for my son and his girlfriend. When we board my son will actually be rooming with my daughters boyfriend, and his girlfriend with my daughter so they will not be staying in their assigned rooms...are you totally confused yet?! Since my daughter was already booked a while back we didn't want to cancel her booking and rebook since it would cost more money. Anyways will there be any problem switching up their rooms for this arrangement once onboard? Any problems with getting extra room keys and with charges while onboard? thanks in advance.

This will be our first experience on NCL so not sure if this will cause difficulties. Here's our scenario. My daughter is booked on a cruise with her boyfriends family which we have decided to also book as well and take my sons girlfriend along. We booked a room for my husband and myself and a room for my son and his girlfriend. When we board my son will actually be rooming with my daughters boyfriend, and his girlfriend with my daughter so they will not be staying in their assigned rooms...are you totally confused yet?! Since my daughter was already booked a while back we didn't want to cancel her booking and rebook since it would cost more money. Anyways will there be any problem switching up their rooms for this arrangement once onboard? Any problems with getting extra room keys and with charges while onboard? thanks in advance.

Not a problem. The reception desk in the atrium will make up extra room keys for those who need them. Cabin stewards will change any bed configurations you may need....seperated, or together. :)

If you think that's going to stop them from engaging in sexual behaviour, you're dreaming. Unless you watch them 24/7 they could easily just disappear into any of those cabins during the day when you do your separate activities. Why some parents think teens will only have sex at night is beyond me. If they want to do it they'll find a way. If I was a parent and didn't want them to do it I'd just give the whole group of them an awkward way too comfortable sounding sex talk the day of including details on how they were concieved to gross them out. That is your only chance.

If you think that's going to stop them from engaging in sexual behaviour, you're dreaming. Unless you watch them 24/7 they could easily just disappear into any of those cabins during the day when you do your separate activities. Why some parents think teens will only have sex at night is beyond me. If they want to do it they'll find a way. If I was a parent and didn't want them to do it I'd just give the whole group of them an awkward way too comfortable sounding sex talk the day of including details on how they were concieved to gross them out. That is your only chance.

but somehow I missed how the question pertains to sex.

Or teens for that matter.

Or conception.

I don't think it will matter if they exchange rooms, except in the dire need for life preservers.

I took my kids to a hotel one time that gave free meals to one child in each room, my MIL and SIL both signed one of our kids in for us, so we didn't have to pay for their meals....the kids all stayed in my room but they ate free.

Can you answer her question?

Does anyone know if it is any harder to change rooms with suites involved. We weren't sure who originally was coming so we booked one room at a time, all are in suites but we might rearrange sleeping arrangements.

Pockymuncher

WHAT on earth gave you the idea that any of the kids were teens? These could be kids in college which is consenting adults by the way. Way out of line & overboard & didnt address a single thing the OP was asking.

All cruiselines make it very easy to rearrange passengers once they board, keycards are very easy to recard & each passenger can even have their own account onboard for their own personal expenses. Have a great time with you family!

A pity Pocky evidently had such a bad experience with his own kids. We would not have put our two youngest teenagers in the same room with friends of the opposite sex, but would have completely trusted them to behave appropriately all day in empty rooms.

We even left them alone in the house for 10 days when they were in high school, caring for their intellectually challenged older brother, during which time we were overseas. (We actually checked with the county prosecutor first to make sure this was legal) We had absolutely no doubts about the trustworthiness of our teenagers.

Bill

WOW! Where is this coming from?

As the original OP I just want to thank everyone for their support in regards to the off color comments. Thanks again to all those who posted appropriate comments. You have been a tremendous support and help.

Archived