SD II November 29, ST. Maarten/San Juan, preview/review

Jim Avery

As the addicts on this board can attest, the voyage starts when you receive the document. I GOT MINE!!:D The new folder is, in my opinion, an improvement over the zippered day planner format. It is a blue leather and cream canvas travel wallet (for lack of a better term) 10" high by 5.5" wide and should fit into an inside jacket pocket. The inside has a large pocket with the passage contract and itinerary and is also large enough for boarding passes/hotel reservations, etc. Also included are two very nice blue leather and cream canvas luggage tags with the SeaDream logo embroidered on one side. An informative "Welcome Aboard" brochure with all the amenities, rules, etc. and two cards with all the SDII contact info (for the baby sitter or better yet dog sitter) in case anyone needs to contact you and finally, a welcome back Club Member card inviting you to email them the name you wish on your personalized PJs. Any suggestions???:eek: So, now we are ready. Starting to get all the possible take with stuff in a central location to be winnowed down to a carry on each. This will be the thread for roll call and review. As usual, not sure how much real time posting will occur (call me lazy) but It looks to be a fun trip. All the best.

Jim & Lois.

Thanks for the detailed description of the new SD Travel Wallet. It does sound like it's better than the blue zippered binder. Love the addition of the nicer luggage tags, too. And, being able to email them with a PJ monogram? What's not to like?!?

Here's to a quick & speedy countdown. Cheers! :)

Sounds like the new travel wallet and luggage tags are like what we received when we sailed on SB a few years ago. The Tumi leather luggage tags are still on our large suitcases. I certainly look forward to replacing them with SD luggage tags:D

From the sounds of your reporting you may give me a run for my money this cruise in terms of the SD report (fair and balanced of course;)).

Sounds like the new travel wallet and luggage tags are like what we received when we sailed on SB a few years ago. The Tumi leather luggage tags are still on our large suitcases. I certainly look forward to replacing them with SD luggage tags:D

From the sounds of your reporting you may give me a run for my money this cruise in terms of the SD report (fair and balanced of course;)).

Fair and balanced but I will leave out all that mushy stuff.:D

We just got ours last week, just as Jim describes. 27 days from tomorrow, but who is counting. Jim, as I recall we are on the next one from you SD 2 from San Juan 12/5. Our FIRST!!

It leaves on 12/4 doesn't it? Don't miss the boat!:eek:

Thanks for the detailed description of the new SD Travel Wallet. It does sound like it's better than the blue zippered binder. Love the addition of the nicer luggage tags, too. And, being able to email them with a PJ monogram? What's not to like?!?

Here's to a quick & speedy countdown. Cheers! :)

Thanks. Was offered the $50 spa credit to take e tickets and might do that next time as this folder will be easily re useable but am not that big a spa junkie. Not like Frequent Traveler with her seaweed gargles and squid and pimento body wraps.:eek: Maybe they will expand the e ticket credit to use for boutique items or toward shore excursions. (hint-hint).

Not like Frequent Traveler with her seaweed gargles and squid and pimento body wraps.:eek:

Jim,

just got back from a week in Southern California -and I thought I was sooo relaxed I could just let that little dig slide right by but I just can't. I will admit to trying just about every single massage treatment (except the Thai on SD - don't like exercising during my massage) but have yet to experience gargling seaweed (is that possible? wouldn't one choke? or is that your goal?) or squid and pimento ingredients (though I will admit to adoring pimento cheese sandwiches). However, I highly recommend the aloe treatment for too much sun or for moisturizing on your last night before departing SD. Really makes the tan last longer. :D

FT

Jim,

just got back from a week in Southern California -and I thought I was sooo relaxed I could just let that little dig slide right by but I just can't. I will admit to trying just about every single massage treatment (except the Thai on SD - don't like exercising during my massage) but have yet to experience gargling seaweed (is that possible? wouldn't one choke? or is that your goal?) or squid and pimento ingredients (though I will admit to adoring pimento cheese sandwiches). However, I highly recommend the aloe treatment for too much sun or for moisturizing on your last night before departing SD. Really makes the tan last longer. :D

FT

I knew you would like that. The champagne is getting closer. We watched the SeaDream DVD (again) and are very ready-approaching hurricane not withstanding.:eek:

Jim,

FT

Add a couple glasses of champagne to that and not only will you be more relaxed, but your tan will last longer, too! :p:D

Thanks. Was offered the $50 spa credit to take e tickets and might do that next time as this folder will be easily re useable but am not that big a spa junkie. Not like Frequent Traveler with her seaweed gargles and squid and pimento body wraps.:eek: Maybe they will expand the e ticket credit to use for boutique items or toward shore excursions. (hint-hint).

I certainly agree with expanding the credit to boutique items and shore excursions. I'm not a spa person myself.

Jim, my bad. It is the 4th. Don't worry about missing it. I will be pacing in front of the vessel from 12 until they let me on at 2!

Mein Frau and I are lucky enough be on both cruises...

(Likely followed by a salubrious stint in detox.)

I am looking forward to seeing some old friends and making some new ones (exotic cocktails included).

Thanks for the info on the Sonesta Maho Resort Jim, we will be staying there prior to departure.

Best Regards,

Dimitri

Mein Frau and I are lucky enough be on both cruises...

(Likely followed by a salubrious stint in detox.)

I am looking forward to seeing some old friends and making some new ones (exotic cocktails included).

Thanks for the info on the Sonesta Maho Resort Jim, we will be staying there prior to departure.

Best Regards,

Dimitri

Hi Dimitri:

When are you flying in to St. Maarten? We are on US Air on Saturday. The Sonesta is easy walk to the Sunset Beach Bar and watching the planes land while experimenting with fruity drinks full of rum. Will look for you.

Jim.

FT, what were you doing in ol' Ragnar's backyard?

I was serious when I said I was working on losing the 5 lbs I know I will gain in 5 days on SD II in December. I was hiking and biking in the San Pedro mountains around Ojai. Don't want to hijack Jim's thread -- but I know he understands the impact of SD on the waistline!

FT

I was serious when I said I was working on losing the 5 lbs I know I will gain in 5 days on SD II in December. I was hiking and biking in the San Pedro mountains around Ojai. Don't want to hijack Jim's thread -- but I know he understands the impact of SD on the waistline!

FT

Said it before but, if you don't gain a pound a day, you just are not participating.:D

Hope that TS Ida do too much damage where you are Jim!

Wouldn't want some weather to get in the way of your countdown to SD!!

Thanks, DJ. All is well. A little rain, a little wind, and the water in the bayou came up 2' but clearing out nicely. Should be back to great Fall weather in a day or two. 19 days and counting!:cool:

Thanks, DJ. All is well. A little rain, a little wind, and the water in the bayou came up 2' but clearing out nicely. Should be back to great Fall weather in a day or two. 19 days and counting!:cool:

Glad all is well!

We are starting to see the rain from Ida ... but nothing like they are supposed to get to the south of us!

Do you have your flip flops lined up and ready to go yet?

Hi Dimitri:

When are you flying in to St. Maarten? We are on US Air on Saturday. The Sonesta is easy walk to the Sunset Beach Bar and watching the planes land while experimenting with fruity drinks full of rum. Will look for you.

Jim.

Hi Jim,

we are actually getting in on the 27th...

I took the resorts two for one All inclusive package special they had on.

We would love to check out the "crazy jet wash beach" for some cocktails with you and your lovely lady.

Best,

Dimitri

Edited by Me_dimitri

Glad all is well!

We are starting to see the rain from Ida ... but nothing like they are supposed to get to the south of us!

Do you have your flip flops lined up and ready to go yet?

Yep, lined up and polished. Need to run through Sunglass Hut and get some new shades. Lois has already been through Chico's (like Sherman through Georgia:eek:) so we are nearly there.

Hi Jim,

we are actually getting in on the 27th...

I took the resorts two for one All inclusive package special they had on.

We would love to check out the "crazy jet wash beach" for some cocktails with you and your lovely lady.

Best,

Dimitri

Count on it. Have you seen all the Maho Beach videos on YouTube? We will look for you when we check in. Our email is in our CC profile. Let's swap cell numbers before the trip.

J.

RollTide1, when are you arriving in St. Maarten? Dimitri is coming in on the 27th, we arrive on the 28th. Look forward to seeing you.

Jim & Lois.

To Jim & Lois: We are arriving on the 29th, Delta's non-stop from Atlanta to SXM. We look forward to meeting you, and to a fantastic five days! Do you happen know how many passengers are booked on this sailing?