You Know Your Cruising When...

kjloga01

I know I'm cruising when the ship leaves the dock and sails away. Sometimes I don't even notice until I feel the water under me and ask, "wait is this ship moving?"

It is a great feeling to get underway.

I appreciate it when the cruise lines keep the announcements to an absolute minimum, but this is on occasion when I wish they would give an announcement a few minutes in advance. On our last cruise in Alaska we were in our cabin in missed that special moment when we first left the dock because there was no announcement, and we only noticed the motion by looking out of the window. Had we been in an inside cabin we might have missed it completely.

Getting underway is when we really, absolutely, know that our cruise has started.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When my husband rearranges the furniture in our cabin and has the steward remove whatever piece we can do without and ask him to bring us more hangers...and I palm a $20 bill in the stewards hand and whisper..".he's harmless and only like this when we get on board":D

• 1 month later...

I've only been on one cruise with another coming in December, but I start getting excited once it's booked, I keep the excitement going by making the reservations for parking, room for the night before, etc. Then I start gathering up the things we want to take in one spot (the things we don't have to use at home) and I don't know if it's weird or not but I usually start my actual packing a few weeks (or maybe a month or so). You know rearranging things to see the best way to pack my stuff. I also keep the momentum rolling by checking out pages on here and other cruise sites. With all this going on I can keep the excitement going for months and months!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

You have just barely stepped on board and someone is trying to sell you something...cruises had become less and less fun and more and more like a "free three day stay" at a resort trying to sell you times shares... so we cruised our last 6 years ago (about our 30th cruise I think) and have not had any regrets. .