Repositioning Cruise - Pros n Cons?

Luluwa

It may take a little time and effort to find the repos, but it helps that they all happen in the fall and spring.

You may not be able to find them on the cruise line's websites, but there PVP's , or whatever they call them, will know. All you have to do is find the ship and call ask them where it is going.

Hunting the repos doesn't work so well if you're hung up on your "favourite" cruise line. You have to be ready to accept the itinerary first....then the ship and line.

So....most ships will be arriving in Vancouver and Seattle for the Alaska runs in May. They will be finished those runs by the end of September... but some leave as early as the 1st of Sept. The main lines on the Alaska run are Carnival, Holland America, Princess and NCL....although Disney will start Alaska in ....I think....2011.

You can do the same for Europe. They'll head back from the east coast in May and return in September.

There are some real deals to be had....but also these repo cruises are very different than your standard 7 day run around the Caribbean! Start researching early and you may just find the cruise of a life-time.

My dream cruise would be to do a repositioning cruise from Europe to New York

Most include a week Western Mediterranean cruise, and then a boogie across the North Atlantic.... I checked and there are a LOT of choices, many starting at $ 399.00 for the two week cruise. $200.00 per week is like giving the cruise away ~~!!~~

Barcelona to Miami....14 nights departing November 28, 2009 on

Celebrity's Century $ 399.00.

Barcelona to New York...13 nights departing November 29, 2009 on Norwegian Gem $ 499.00

They have several other listed in the $400. to $650.00 price range for 2 weeks or more.

It is very late in the season, an those that sail the Baltic's and No. Atlantic & Northern Europe out of London have already repositioned. Next spring they will head east.

It is against board rules to post T/A's and their prices, but email me at:

joebat1@swbell.com , and I will give you a good web site for cheap vacations to go on.

This may sound like a stupid question - but how do you find when the re-positioning cruises are being offered? I checked on the Carnival website cruise search engine under "special cruises" but can't find anything. Thanks for any and all help

Drop me an email, it is against the board rules to name T/A's Addy's.

I will be happy to send yo their web Addy.

Thanks for the suggestions in finding those re-positioning cruises. Will research them some more - but they seem to mostly "run" during the school year when I teach. Will have to wait a few years till I retire.

That's one of the reason they are sooo cheap... They are when most people that are gainfully employed, paying their taxes, are indeed working to allow those of us on welfare to enjoy the fruits of your labor.200.gif

I do indeed THANK YOU sir, and fully expect to spend this years stimulus check on the Trans-Pacific/ Asia cruise . How American... to take the stimulus money, spend it on a foreign registered ship run by foreigners, flying a foreign airlines to a foreign country to spend what left..... I think the unemployed should unite and demand more cash and less services from our government so we could cruise more ~~!!~~

And in conclusion, I think the US government should require ALL ships operation out of US port to charge anyone making under $ 15,000. a balcony for the same price as the lowest interior cabin, and also charge the tips for those who cannot afford them to those in suites, since there is sooo much more work to clean the larger area's... This only seems FAIR to me ~~!!~~

That's one of the reason they are sooo cheap... They are when most people that are gainfully employed, paying their taxes, are indeed working to allow those of us on welfare to enjoy the fruits of your labor.200.gif

I do indeed THANK YOU sir, and fully expect to spend this years stimulus check on the Trans-Pacific/ Asia cruise . How American... to take the stimulus money, spend it on a foreign registered ship run by foreigners, flying a foreign airlines to a foreign country to spend what left..... I think the unemployed should unite and demand more cash and less services from our government so we could cruise more ~~!!~~

And in conclusion, I think the US government should require ALL ships operation out of US port to charge anyone making under $ 15,000. a balcony for the same price as the lowest interior cabin, and also charge the tips for those who cannot afford them to those in suites, since there is sooo much more work to clean the larger area's... This only seems FAIR to me ~~!!~~

Karl Marx would love you . . . :rolleyes:

or for that matter . . . oh, never mind. :D

LOL...Lets hope we can still afford to cruise after all the new taxes........Anyway we did a t/a last april on the Norwegian Gem from NYC to Barcelona....It was absolutely wonderful with very calm seas....almost too calm....The time change was easy because we just lost an hour each night.....We only had to fly one way and coming home the time change doesn't really hurt me that much....seems easier.....I can't wait to do it again....love the lazy sea days...kathie

Karl Marx would love you . . . :rolleyes:

or for that matter . . . oh, never mind. :D

In the year or so I have become what is called a " Progressive Liberal".

Now that I am retired, I think it is high time the working class does what I had to do my entire life.... Work the first 5 months for Uncle Sam so others could travel... After all just add a few more taxes (call it a cruise tax), heck the working class will never know they are now working 6 months instead of 5 months for our pleasure.... Of course, it should be a requirement that anyone taking advantage of the "Cruise Tax" write a thank you note to the workers from the sunny Caribbean thanking them for their contributions ~~!!~~

I want joebat for president!!
Thank you funtaba, but no thank you, THEN I would become one of the working class and my cruzin' time would be cut ...

Archived