Norwegian vs. Princess

halifaxcruising

We have done 5 cruises on Princess and love it. We have never cruised on Norwegian and have booked a Baltic 12 day cruise on the Norwegian Sun in May 2010. How do the 2 cruise companies compare - food, service, amenities, cabins, entertainment? What should we expect, good or bad?

Thank you.

Norwegian Virgins

We have cruised both and both have their pros and cons. We like the food on both but Princess has better food. The service is good on both. I have never had really bad service except once on NCL in the MDR. Cabins are smaller on NCL but I thought storage was comparable. NCL does a nice job of making up for the smaller room. Entertainment....both OK. I think Celebrity has the best entertain but that's not the choice here. We like the freestyle dining but we generally do anytime dining on Princess anyway. As to the question of why try another cruise line...I could go off but basically intinerary. This spring on NCL Jewel we will able to see Belize AND Honduras and Princess does not have the option. We did chose Princess for the Baltic Cruise since we get Oslo and NCL does not. Have a great cruise. Donna

This is my take. I have cruised one NCL ship, the NCL Pearl-which is one of NCL's top rated ships. I liked the Pearl as well as Caribbean Princess. BUT, I understand NCL has some really poorly rated ships.

Now Princess, Princess also has small ships. I am sure I would like them better than the grand class ships. I hope some time I get the chance to crusie a smaller Princess ship. I did cruise the old Pacific Princess, but Princess no longer has her. She was very different from Caribbean Princess.

Bottom line, it is more than cruise lines you need to compare. you need to compare the 2 ships.

I recommend you read many reviews of both ships.

Why not read some of the NCL reviews on this site? Am curious, if you love Princess, why book NCL?

I have seen some super prices on NCL European cruises coming through this year. My guess, is NCL would be a considerable savings.

If that is it-the the OP needs to consider, not if they will like NCL better, or just as well as Princess, but will they enjoy their cruise and feel they received a good value for the money spent.

We've sailed both lines, enjoyed both and would do either again. We slightly prefer NCL, because of the freedom aspect, so they are presently our line of choice, but would take another Princess cruise if the itinerary was good.- jocap.

I can only comment about the two we were on [out of 11 cruises].

We sailed on NCL Pearl and Crown Princess.

We have enjoyed ALL of our cruises - but in comparing these two ships - WELL, it's like comparing a Kia to a Maserati!!!;)

If we came across a SUPER good deal - I would travel on NCL again- but it would have to be REALLY good!:o

Archived