Spirit Class Cat 8J's above life boats

vavasmom

I just booked my first ever Carnival Cruise this afternoon. I just realized that I am in a room on the Empress Deck (Deck 6) immediately above the lifeboats. If it matters the cabin is 6255 and the ship is the Pride.

The balcony is not considered obstructed. Can you see the water as you are sailing? Does anyone have actual experience with this situation. I know I have a wall for one side of my balcony.

I have been reading reviews of the Pride for the last week or so before I booked.

Thanks In Advance

You'll be able to see the water. Even the cabins one deck below you (on deck 5) can see the water over the lifeboats. Carnival needn't call the deck 5 balconies obstructed, but it's good that they do - then most passengers are pleasantly surprised.

However, the wall to the side of your cabin will obstruct your view towards the front of the ship.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Thanks for the fast confirmations as to what I thought. I was starting to seriously second guess myself in the cabin choice.

I have had the wall on an RCCL ship and it did not bother me (It kept the smoke down from adjacent balcony). I like to sit on the balcony and read - looking up to see that water - I find that so relaxing.

Archived