Should I sail on Sensation?

Conwaycruiser

I have traveled on the Conquest which I loved and also on the Elation a few months later, which was o.k. Now I am planning a big family trip in June(when prices are much higher) I would love to go back on the Conquest but hate to pay double what I did last time so I was thinking about the 5-day Sensation.

Most of the other 12 people going have never cruised. Should I splurge and go on the Conquest or should I save and go on the Sensation?

Splurge for the Conquest. Once you go on the big ships it is never quite as satisfying to go back to the smaller ones. Thats my opinion anyway. We had gone on the Triumph and Pride before going back to the Inspiration and it was nowhere near as much fun. I was very very happy to be there, and had a GREAT time, but the things that I do are mostly things that only succeed on the larger ships.

So personal opinion is: Conquest.

We went on the Conquest last year and now are booked to go on the Sensation in April with a group of family members. At first I was unsure if I'd be happy sailing anything smaller after the Conquest. Then reality set in! ANY cruise is better than NO cruise!

going from a bigger and newer ship is always hard. You notice the difference right away. We went from the sensation to the celebration and though we had a great time,agreed that we would never go backwards again.

That being said, with so many of your group never having cruised,you will see the cruise through their eyes and will enjoy it like it was your first cruise. I guess if money was an issue I would go for the sensation. We did sail on it 2 times and really enjoyed it.

Laura

We'd done all 7-day cruises but last year enjoyed a 5-day on Jubilee. The ship was run down and small and I wouldn't want to do a 7-day on it but we had fun on our 5-day cruise. We're doing another 5-day on Ectasy (another older but larger ship) and I think we'll have an even better time on it than we did on the Jubilee. I don't think you'll notice the Sensation being too "small", especially on a 5-day cruise. You will notice it being older, but you'll go to it with your eyes open. It's got pretty garish decor but it'll still be lots of fun for your cruise and saving half the money is something to think about.

My wife and I sailed the Conquest last August. We got really lucky and made it in between hurricanes and had a blast. We're in the same boat (so to speak) as you this year. We're going to sail the Sensation June 27th. We're taking some folks that have never sailed before either so it'll all be new to them. The smaller ship won't bother me. The price is right for us and sailing smaller is better than not sailing at all, plus, spending the 25th and 26th in NOLA will be fun for us.

If you do decide on the Sensation, when are you planning to sail?

I just got off the Sensation on Monday and had a ball. My three girlfriends had never cruised before and we all enjoyed the ship. I will admit that I am ready to try a larger one... since they had never sailed before they thought the Sensation was pretty big and said they couldn't imagine a bigger one! I think the Sensation would be just fine - especially for the money!

We finally signed up for a cruise this coming July 16th on the Sensation. We sailed for the first time last June on the Conquest with a 6A stateroom and loved it....thought we would try a 5 day on a smaller ship.

We will be without our 2 young adult children this time and splurged on a Cat. 12 suite for dh and me. Can't wait.

Archived