Deep Sea Fishing

texancruzer

Going on Hal Eurodam later this week.

Booked a HAL tour on Half Moon Cay for a couple of hours deep sea fishing.

Has anyone done this tour ? Size of boat ? Quality of tour ? Know they can't promise a catch - but did you catch any ?

Thanks for any info on this tour.

• 3 weeks later...
Going on Hal Eurodam later this week.

Booked a HAL tour on Half Moon Cay for a couple of hours deep sea fishing.

Has anyone done this tour ? Size of boat ? Quality of tour ? Know they can't promise a catch - but did you catch any ?

Thanks for any info on this tour.

My husband has booked this trip and would love to hear some details on the trip, the fishing, the boat - anything! :D Thanks.

Joan

OK..... we're back.

Glad I booked this fishing tour. Half Moon Cay is really not our cup of tea....... we live on Padre Island in S. Texas so our backyard is a canal with boat on our lift......beach is 2 minutes away and while the water and beach is pretty the rest of the island is "scruffy" Bahamas. We are not the type to lay on the beach all day - rather opting to be doing something in, on or whatever around the water.

There were just 3 of us (me, dh and another fisherman) on our tour. 4 is the max. It was overcast, windy and off-and-on sprinkling that morning so not the most ideal conditions. But off we went. Jolly, our captain was a quiet sort until I started asking a million questions....then he warmed up and we chatted while we trawled. Both my husband and the other fisherman caught decent sized baracuda. I had an unfortunate experience tho. When it was my turn to take the chair - I had a BIG hit...... doing fine pulling it in when all the sudden I realized a tie on my blouse was being wound into the reel....... so in essence I was reeling in the fish and myself :o While the mate un-reeled me the fish made his escape. DARN

Oh well....next time.

While we had fun it would have been better with nicer weather (it did clear up a few hours later) and I could have stayed out a lot longer too..... but they fit in 3 tours per day (APPROX. 2 HRS EACH) so I guess I have to let others play too......

Also - was informed that April and May are best months to catch the good stuff (mackerel, tuna, dolphin, baracuda and others).

Archived