This is just the strangest thing...

Carolyn1950

My husband and I are wanting to take a trip on the Dream when it replaces the Sea this fall. So today, being bored, I started looking to see what the cost would be.. I was on the NCL sight.. When I got prices for cabin 0109 on the Star deck, it was 1361.96 for Oct. 15. Then I remembered I forgot to put in that we were Lattitude members and that my husband was over 55. So went back and did that and the price jumped to 1411.96.. I thought surely I had made a mistake so went back and re-did it. Again, the same numbers.. I am aware I can get a better deal thru a TA but don't ya think that is odd. No Lattitude discount anywhere in the prices..

Why in the world would prices jump for being a Lattitude member?

Try checking in to the site later today and see what happens. Having searched many cruise offering sites over the past few years, I can tell you sometimes those strange internet gremlins cause strange things to happen.

ONTH, as a Lattitudes member with 5 NCL cruises, haven't found a discount yet through NCL that can't be beat through another source, but then, that's my humble opinion.

Doanne

When I do book I am going to go thru an agency that Pollyanna told me about.. I was just wanting a ball park figure for the cost..

But I never thought about computer glitches,, thanks..

I said I would never go during hurricane season again, but alas, that is when my husband is off work..lol.. I told my husband the law of averages would prevent me from going thru 2 hurricanes in 2 years..:p

I tried it without the 55+, same price.. Apparently the Lattitude discount doesn't take place on the NCL sight.. But I was happy to learn it only a couple hundred dollars than we are paying for the Sea.. And the cabins seem to be much roomier..

Now to patiently wait til I can book my next cruise.. My husband thinks I am silly for looking now.. He just doesn't know he is going to hit land with cruise fever next month. And then I will be prepared..lol

I'm not sure I understand. Are you expecting a discount for being a Latitudes member? I'm not sure that all sailings have that.

-Monte

Here are the Latiudes member cruises for 2005:

7-day Pacific Coastal

Los Angeles to Vancouver

Norwegian Star - May 8, 2005

$100 per stateroom Onboard Credit*

10-day Alaska Adventure

Roundtrip Seattle

Norwegian Dream - August 22, 2005

$150 per stateroom Onboard

7-day Bahamas & Florida

Roundtrip New York

Norwegian Dawn - September 18, 2005

7-day Western Caribbean

Roundtrip New Orleans

Norwegian Sun - December 4, 2005

Maybe I am confused about the Latitude discount.. When I booked the Feb 26 cruise, my TA said you and your husbands price is less than your traveling companions because you are a Latitude member.. That is all I am going by in thinking that Latiude members get a discount. It was like 50-60 dollars less, I forget exactly how much..

Maybe I am confused about the Latitude discount.. When I booked the Feb 26 cruise, my TA said you and your husbands price is less than your traveling companions because you are a Latitude member.. That is all I am going by in thinking that Latiude members get a discount. It was like 50-60 dollars less, I forget exactly how much..

NCL has promotions from time to time. Like the airlines they have all kinds of prices for the same cruise. Sometimes a discount for seniors, sometimes a state discount (Fl residents only), and sometimes a discount for Latitude members.

The online pricing as a rule does not find all the promotions. Go to the specials page at NCL.com. Now try and find that price when you price it online.

I have booked twice direct with NCL. The agent has always checked to make sure there was not a better deal then the WEB rate. Buy the way that's one of the values of a good TA. A little extra research to find the best price.

Archived