How many shoes should a lady pack

elvisbuff

No matter how long the cruise, I take 3 pair of shoes; wearing one pair on the plane.

Walking shoes/sneakers, sturdy sandals and plain black dress pumps with the lowest heel I can find.

I usually wear the walking shoes on the plane......

I am going on a 13 night TA. How many pairs of shoes do you think I might need as a woman. I was thinking I would take walking shoes, slip on open toed dress shoes, ball room dance shoes, and flip flops. Do you think that enough?

I wear athletic/walking shoes on the plane and bring 1 pr. each sandals, dress shoes. You are taking dance shoes too so my thinking is that is enough!

Happy Sails :)

take as MANY as you feel GOOD about having along...for my 2 weeks i am probably taking MORE than i should but i would rather have than NOT...to many times my feet have been swollen and NOT having other options for shoes wasnt GOOD so now i take what is ENOUGH or MORE than ENOUGH for me!!--EVERYONE is different so do whats GOOD for YOU~~ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!

I think my answer to 'How many shoes a lady should bring?' is to ask the question 'How many will your luggage allow?' :p

Really, to me, I look at my packing list and consider which shoes I would wear with each outfit if I were home (in warm weather), and then determine whether I've got room for all of them in our luggage. That being said, I think the most I've ever taken was about a half dozen pairs, and that included water shoes. :)

Oh, shoes, the eternally tough question for me. I do ok with packing everything else, but have trouble limiting shoes.

I usually take walking shoes, (wear on plane) casual comfortable sandals, one or two pairs of heels for dinner and often end up throwing in another pair of shoes just because they're cute and I like wearing them. Oops, also usually take water shoes--depending on what we're doing in port.

This has all been made somewhat tougher for me since I've developed some severe foot problems--so I have to be careful about comfort as well as style.

I could get by with walking shoes, sandals and one pair of dress shoes, but I wouldn't like it!

***** my gosh my favorite topic. I am from NY and when I go on a 7 day cruise with a pre and post cruise I bring 10/12 when I go in Jan on an 11 day cruise I will bring about 14. Change my shoes and clothes twice a day aalong with my outfits. But then again I love shoes have over 100 I bring my shoes on the plane with my make up bag I have:D:rolleyes: I know I am crazy lol:p

***** my gosh my favorite topic. I am from NY and when I go on a 7 day cruise with a pre and post cruise I bring 10/12 when I go in Jan on an 11 day cruise I will bring about 14. Change my shoes and clothes twice a day aalong with my outfits. But then again I love shoes have over 100 I bring my shoes on the plane with my make up bag I :D:rolleyes: I know I am crazy lol:p

I am going on a 13 night TA. How many pairs of shoes do you think I might need as a woman. I was thinking I would take walking shoes, slip on open toed dress shoes, ball room dance shoes, and flip flops. Do you think that enough?

I bring 3 or 4 pairs. I wear my comfy walking shoes to travel, my sandals on board, my dress shoes at night and my water shoes on the beach. I do not always bring water shoes, depends on the trip.

Don't worry about the fashion police, even if they are on board they will be too busy preening themselves to notice and who cares what they think anyway.

You bring the amount of shoes you are happy with. The same goes for outfits. I travel a long way for my trips so have got quite clever at bringing multi purpose items that can be mixed and matched and do not do formal wear.

If you're driving to the port, it's probably not a big issue. Bring enough to fill a suitcase.

If you're flying, that extra suitcase is probably going to cost you an extra $50 - $100 depending on the airline. (total round trip) If that doesn't bother you, go ahead and fill a suitcase.

However, I generally recommend that people bring the minimum amount that they feel they can comfortably get by on. Coordinating clothes so that they can mix and match to re-wear evening clothes that are only worn a couple hours a night, and so that they don't have to bring extra accessories (shoes, belts, purses, etc) in various colors.

Minimizing how much I have to pack, unpack, and carry around helps limit the stress.

For a 13 day cruise ideally a lady should bring 33 pairs of shoes: the shoes you travel in; 1 pair for each outfit during the day, plus one extra just in case you change your mind or buy a new outfit during the trip; 1 pair for each evening outfit plus one extra; a pair of slippers for the cabin, sneakers, water shoes & flip flops.

Of course that is ridiculous but you will need:

sturdy walking shoes / sneakers

beach wear -- double duty that can go in the water is a good idea

shoes to wear at night

***** my gosh my favorite topic. I am from NY and when I go on a 7 day cruise with a pre and post cruise I bring 10/12 when I go in Jan on an 11 day cruise I will bring about 14. Change my shoes and clothes twice a day aalong with my outfits. But then again I love shoes have over 100 I bring my shoes on the plane with my make up bag I :D:rolleyes: I know I am crazy lol:p

No you are not....if I called you crazy , I'd be calling myself the same.

Answer for OP: take as many as you feel necessary for your situation i.e.: shoe lover- than more; feet issues- shoes to work for all possible scenarios; worried about packing/weight- less. You must judge for yourself!!

***** my gosh my favorite topic. I am from NY and when I go on a 7 day cruise with a pre and post cruise I bring 10/12 when I go in Jan on an 11 day cruise I will bring about 14. Change my shoes and clothes twice a day aalong with my outfits. But then again I love shoes have over 100 I bring my shoes on the plane with my make up bag I have:D:rolleyes: I know I am crazy lol:p

Who are you?? Where are you ??--right in my state!! I thought I was the only one !! It is a great luxury to be able to drive to the pier and have your "stuff" with you. Two years ago we packed for QM2 cruise, which is very formal--left one bag at home by mistake--it had ALL the shoes in it !! But I always have one pair of evening shoes in the carryon in case of lost luggage...worked fine until more shoe buying at the first port!!

oh my thats a tough question; but i usually take a suitcase just for shoes! i had 16 pair one time and it was just a 7 nighter! I like different shoes with different clothes and i like OPTIONS! So pack as many as you can you never know what will happen.

Last time I took a vacation I tried to underpack and didn't bring enough shoes. My feet were sore from walking so much and I didn't have a comfortable back up. Bring as many as your suitcase will allow and you won't have this problem!

Coming from a shoe fanatic, my answer is: as many as you can cram in a suitcase! LOL

Seriously, flip flops, a nice pair of sandals, a pair of good walking shoes and one pair of neutral colored heels is more then enough. As others have said tho, consider what activities you are going to do. If you are doing excursions that will involve getting shoes wet, bring water shoes or an extra pair of sneakers. You don't want to soak your only pair and then be miserable the rest of your trip. And make absolutely sure that the heels and sandals are comfortable. If you buy new ones, try them out before the cruise. Nothing worse than bringing shoes that make your feet hurt and not having any alternatives to wear.

Good luck and have a great trip!

Have fun!

CG

Coming from a shoe fanatic, my answer is: as many as you can cram in a suitcase! LOL

Seriously, flip flops, a nice pair of sandals, a pair of good walking shoes and one pair of neutral colored heels is more then enough. As others have said tho, consider what activities you are going to do. If you are doing excursions that will involve getting shoes wet, bring water shoes or an extra pair of sneakers. You don't want to soak your only pair and then be miserable the rest of your trip. And make absolutely sure that the heels and sandals are comfortable. If you buy new ones, try them out before the cruise. Nothing worse than bringing shoes that make your feet hurt and not having any alternatives to wear.

Good luck and have a great trip!

Have fun!

CG

LOL - I had to comment on this, since I've been in those shoes (no pun intended) before! (Had to buy some sandals in Times Square last yeaer at an athletic store because that's the only thing I could find!) Because of that I bought new dancing shoes a couple of weeks ago, so I've been wearing them around the house while doing laundry, cleaning the toilet, etc. :-)

Here's my normal list:

sandals for evening (usually 2 pr, but sometimes 1 since we opt out of formal)

2 pr very comfy walking casual sandals/shoes (I always let shoes breath between wearings)

flip flops

these are according to trip:

water shoes if going to be doing beach excursions

appropriate shoe if hiking

waterproof if Alaska

Archived