Free Airport Wifi

Crystalbast

Anybody excited about the free airport Wifi over the holidays? I am an Itunes geek an will be excited to be able to stay current with my downloads. The is the first time that I will be taking my laptop. I'll just turn off the internet access while actually on the cruise. :D

Anybody excited about the free airport Wifi over the holidays? I am an Itunes geek an will be excited to be able to stay current with my downloads. The is the first time that I will be taking my laptop. I'll just turn off the internet access while actually on the cruise. :D

Not particularly; I've noticed it's free for AT&T customers at a lot of airports this year. I am guessing you are talking about downloading TV shows, not music? I honestly don't think you'll be able to download these from Itunes quickly in an airport.

http://www.travelpost.com/airport-wireless-internet.aspx

Don't believe it's current. BNA isn't listed and HNL indicated as not free, but it is.

It's not a current list, because I believe I got free wifi at PHL this year, but it's a useful start for those interested.

Not particularly; I've noticed it's free for AT&T customers at a lot of airports this year. I am guessing you are talking about downloading TV shows, not music? I honestly don't think you'll be able to download these from Itunes quickly in an airport.

I got AT&T DSL specifically because there was free wifi in alot of places, but the connection at home was more down than up. :mad: I gave up and got cable. So now I'm on the hunt for free wifi when not at home.

I got AT&T DSL specifically because there was free wifi in alot of places, but the connection at home was more down than up. :mad: I gave up and got cable. So now I'm on the hunt for free wifi when not at home.

AT&T is not unique in that aspect! I have AT&T only as the service provider for my iPhone.

Having traveled this past weekend I can tell you that Norfolk, VA and Phoenix, AZ have free wifi. Atlanta charges $4.95 to use their wifi although there were some free wifi networks within the airport although I was never able to log on.

Umm, not all airports have free WiFi (SEA going free in 2010), and some have had free WiFi for a long time such as LAS and YVR

I just thought of a couple of other things. First, not all of us are Americans so a US service provider doesn't help us although mine does have an agreement with AT&T.

I know that BUF does not have free wifi. They have a paid site called Bongo but I could never connect to it.

2P.P1

I was just at BNA (Nashville) and was surprised they had free wifi (from Google/Boingo) but it wasn't at DFW or ONT. Is there a list of airports that offer free wifi, not only at the holidays but all the time?

I was at DFW last weekend (FRI and MON) and to my understanding, their Wi-Fi was free. The list provided through the link shows that it is available for a fee. There were some areas where you could plug in your computer for free internet.

http://www.dfwairport.com/shops/finder.php?type=services

Internet Access

Cellular Broadband - Throughout Terminal A, Throughout Terminal C, Throughout Terminal E, Throughout Terminal D, Throughout Terminal BFree Power & Free Wired Internet - A12, A20, A28, B10, B29, B35, C6, C20, C27, C35, D21, D23, D30, D40, E10, E14, E36Guest Services Center - B14PowerPort Internet - A13, B12, C12, D12, D30, E11Samsung mobile Travel Center - A13, A29, B8, B28, C8, C27, E8, E31Wi-Fi (T-Mobile) - Throughout Terminal A, Throughout Terminal B, Throughout Terminal C, Throughout Terminal D , Throughout Terminal E

Here is where you can find a list of those airports where Google says they are providing free Wi-Fi for the holidays.

http://www.freeholidaywifi.com/

Ironically, many of the airports on their list already have free Wi Fi (like the Florida airports, Pittsburgh and Charlotte).

Interesting list, thanks for posting it. Surprised that DFW, LGA and JFK are not on that list. Surprised also that Virgin American is offering free WiFi on their flights.

Archived