Carnival Pride Baltimore, Canaveral, Nassau, Freeport 11/2009 * Photo Review

markmogil

what a great review...your pics are wonderful...(are you a professional)...great looking family....thanks for taking the time....it is time consuming to upload the pics...but it is worth it...these are the best types of reviews....

• 3 weeks later...
what a great review...your pics are wonderful...(are you a professional)...great looking family....thanks for taking the time....it is time consuming to upload the pics...but it is worth it...these are the best types of reviews....

You're welcome, glad you enjoyed the review. I like photo reviews too.

Mark :)

• 4 weeks later...

In actuality, our cruise began with a planned early breakfast at the Blue Moon Cafe in Baltimore's Fells Point neighborhood. We got there around 9:30 only to discover it was closed "due to a grill breakdown". This photo was taken before we got the bad news. The Blue Moon's awning is visible in the background. The big guy near the awning did not take it well. He drove from Jersey solely for the Blue Moon's famous Cap'n Crunch french toast.

ry%3D480

Ha! I am doing to same cruise in 4 weeks and just found this thread. The funny thing is that my husband and I used to live in Fells Point and this was our absolute favorite place for breakfast. It is always crowded though, but so worth the wait. Sorry you didn't get to experience it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How a bout an menacing looking eel? This guy was about 10' below me, in about 25' of water - looked about as big as me. Should have stuck my hand out for scale, but he would have bit it off. You'll have to take my word about his size. Casual google research indicates it may be a Green Moray Eel: http://fishindex.blogspot.com/2008/07/green-moray-eel.html

ry%3D400

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

A Queen Triggerfish! (It's like she was posing)

ry%3D480

I just happened to run accross this review.... Great underwater pictures. What kind of Camera did you use?

Hi Mark!!

Beautiful pictures!

We are going on our first cruise in 3 weeks and had used the inquiry form on the Paradise Cove website. No response, so we just gave up on the idea. I figured our time in port was too short.

After seeing your pictures and reading your review, I emailed them directly. It looks fantastic. It will be a pleasant surprise for my husband when we get there.

I hope it works out that we can go!

Thanks for the post!!

We leave this Sunday and your pics and info have gotten me totally psyched! What a great job you did! Your pictures are amazing and almost crystal-like if that makes sense.

Thanks again

Nina aka cavewoman on the boards

I still love this review and photos. Mark discussed his cameras in post 39 on page 2 (even included pics of the cameras)
...thanks for the kind words! and reminding me exactly where the camera stuff is in this review :)

I just happened to run accross this review.... Great underwater pictures. What kind of Camera did you use?
...glad you enjoyed them, I take a lot of flack from my DW for "abandoning" :eek: her to snorkle off and chase the fish...she likes the photos though...see vavasmom's post above for the camera info.

We leave this Sunday and your pics and info have gotten me totally psyched! What a great job you did! Your pictures are amazing and almost crystal-like if that makes sense.

Thanks again

Nina aka cavewoman on the boards

...you're welcome, have a great cruise!

Mark

Hi Mark!!

Beautiful pictures!

We are going on our first cruise in 3 weeks and had used the inquiry form on the Paradise Cove website. No response, so we just gave up on the idea. I figured our time in port was too short.

After seeing your pictures and reading your review, I emailed them directly. It looks fantastic. It will be a pleasant surprise for my husband when we get there.

I hope it works out that we can go!

Thanks for the post!!

...Our group had a great beach day at Paradise Cove...the 9-1 window didn't feel rushed, or too short...but we're a pretty short attention span crew...hopefully your plans will work out, and you'll have good beach weather...have a great cruise!

Mark

• 6 months later...

Hi! My daughter will be on the Pride for her spring break in March. She's a college senior. Your images are amazing!! My DD is minoring in Photography so I'll be sure to share them! Paradise Cove looks like it will be perfect for about 8 college kids on break. I'm sure there will be lots more on the ship. Any tips for 21 year olds? My DD will probably want to go to Disney for the Canaveral day and in Nassau, she's always wanted to go to Atlantis. Did you hear any stories on the ship of those who ventured there? The Sheraton at Cable Beach option looks good to me! Trying to keep costs down. Family members can pay for her excursions for Christmas. That Disney one looks pricey!!

Mark,

Was the aft balcony one of the center rooms? I will be in 6264 in Dec and curious as to any details you can provide...noise?..soot? ..balcony?... I love your review and the pictures. HOw was the weather for your family? Was it warm enough at any point on the cruise to swim?

Jean

I'm curious about that cabin also. (6264) We'll be in that same cabin in Feb.

Jean-please get lots of photos while you're on..:p

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! My daughter will be on the Pride for her spring break in March. She's a college senior. Your images are amazing!! My DD is minoring in Photography so I'll be sure to share them! Paradise Cove looks like it will be perfect for about 8 college kids on break. I'm sure there will be lots more on the ship. Any tips for 21 year olds? My DD will probably want to go to Disney for the Canaveral day and in Nassau, she's always wanted to go to Atlantis. Did you hear any stories on the ship of those who ventured there? The Sheraton at Cable Beach option looks good to me! Trying to keep costs down. Family members can pay for her excursions for Christmas. That Disney one looks pricey!!

8 college kids on break will have no difficulty finding their own fun, no advice necessary ;). My non-college kid group just returned from RCI Oasis with a port call in Nassau. The Atlantis excursions offered by RCI were super-pricey. You might search the Ports of Call boards for current posts on Atlantis excursions and costs. Atlantis may not be a good value for her.

Great review ! Glad I found it this morning.
Thanks. I had a great time on the Pride, and enjoyed posting this review.

I agree, very good review!! Thanks to the OP...I am emailing it around to my family cause we will also be on in March.
If you liked this one, there's more to come. It may take a little while, but I've got about 1,800 images to edit into a coherent review of my family's voyage on RCI Oasis 2 weeks ago.

• 7 months later...

Thanks so much for the review! I'll be embarking on the Pride in August for my honeymoon!

Does anyone know what happened to the other Mark's 100-something page review?? I can't access it!! Help!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like it's back to the future for my travelling party.

Last minute planning

+

NJEA Convention School Break

+

Rare Bermuda itinerary

+

Drive-in Baltimore port

=

11/6/11 Carnival Pride

*******************OFF TOPIC**********************

Don't hold your breath for that Oasis 2010 review. We had great cruise, took a bunch of pics, but never got around to whipping up the posts.

For the two people who may read this: Oasis was awesome, BUT for a compulsive type "A" person (like me) there was way too much to do, and way too little time to get it all done. In the end, this cruiser felt the value of the cruise was diminished by constant choices with real opportunity costs. Whatever my party chose to do, I felt as though we were missing something. This was especially a problem with the premium dining. We hit 3 specialty restuarants including the Chef's Table, and these choices precluded most production show performances. Sounds silly right?

Oasis was the first cruise where I could not reconcile the schedule of entertainment and dining and activities to "touch all the bases", and this left me feeling a little defeated...guess that goes with the compulsive type "A" territory.

Archived