Mazatlan w/2 year old

TeacherJenn

I was wondering if someone could make some recommendations for Mazatlan. We are traveling with a 2 year old. I was going to book the excursion to Stone Island but my husband thinks 5 hours is too long. He is probably right.

Any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated.

A 2 year old really won't care what you do, but 5 hours is a long time, especially if most of it is "travel time".

Something you could do on your own, without a guide and schedule would probably be best for you...in case of "meltdowns", you could leave whenever you felt it necessary.

Or, make use of the ship's babysitting (if available) while you and hubby do something on your own.

Stone Island is a great idea for a 2 year old, but there's no need to do the ship excursion. Most people just take the short walk to the ferry, then buy lunch at one of the places on the beach so you can enjoy their beach and have restrooms, etc. That way you can head out at whatever time is convenient to you rather than having to meet your tour at a certain time in the morning, and you can stay as long as you want.

Look at the ports of call board here and do a search for Stone Island under Mexico. As far as I remember, it's a straight shot to find the ferry - very easy to do with a toddler.

Best,

Mia

We just came back from a Carnival Splendor cruise with my 2yo and we did Stone Island, but on our own not with the excursion. He LOVED it. I had bought so pails at Walmart in PV for about 2 bucks and besides that he loved playing the waves (they were much milder than in PV i found)

We got off the ship around 1030 so it wasnt so busy and once we got out the shipping yard we took a Pulmonia to the where the water taxi is (i thought it was too far to walk, but DS tends to want to be carried so I just didnt bother) Then you take the water taxi, and then another little taxi (or truck with seats in the cab lol) to where the beach and restaurants are. We sat at Victors and they were very nice about checking on us and bringing us drinks and chipss etc. Didn't think the prawn were great but we had a great day anyways :)

Hope you have fun!

Archived