Western Caribbean, Legend, Glory or Valor...suggestions anyone

Embre

My sister and I are looking into booking another cruise, Western Caribbean, calling on Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Belize and Roatan. We have to choose between the Legend sailing out of Tampa (we haven't sailed from Tampa before), the Glory and Valor out of Miami. We have sailed on the Triumph and Liberty, so we are familiar with the layout of the Glory and Valor....the idea of a different class ship is appealing however.

Anyone have any opinions or thoughts, on which we should choose? Any info on sailing out of Tampa opposed to Miami?

I think alot of it depends on when you are going. We choose the Glory because Jan 31st she goes into drydock and getting some upgrades (outdoor theater). But I did alot of research on the 3 and all seem pretty similar except the Glory is the biggest. So if after Feb 13th, my vote is the Glory. If before i would probably say the Valor only because you have been on the Liberty.

Libby:)

Tampa has a much easier embarkment and cheaper parking if driving. Tampa port can only handle one ship at a time unlike Miami, so after you're off the ship there's a lot less congestion. I'd look into the out the door price and pick the lowest...Cruise fare, airfare/gas, night before lodging (if any) parking (if any) shuttle service (if any). :)

The Valor, Glory and Liberty are all Conquest Class ships and are identical except for decor so you will be familiar with the general layouts. I have also heard really good things about the Legend. She has many loyal fans.

My DW and I are really partial to the Valor and our last cruise on her in October ranks our best to date. All areas, food, service, weather and excursions were all top shelf. We're booked on her again in March.

Whatever you choose you have already chosen the best part......cruising!

Thanks for the replies. I will look into Tampa. I must say I am leaning towards the Legend anyway, just so I can check out a different class ship. The price is slightly cheaper as I recall, but not enough of a difference to make up my mind for me. Thanks again.

I say go for the Valor. I LOVE that ship. I've sailed on her twice and wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again! I've sailed out of Miami for my last several cruises and I thought it was pretty smooth and easy. But I get to the port a littler later in the afternoon, around 2 or 2:30pm so I don't have to deal with all the crowds and everyone trying to board the ship at the same time. Its worked like a charm for me and I literally just walked in the building, showed my docs, got my S & S Card, and boarded the ship, all in about 15 minutes. No lines whatsoever! Can't get any easier than that!

I can't speak to the others, but you can read a my blog/review with a few picks at the link in my signature.

I do wish we were in GC longer...but otherwise, I thought it about idea.

We actually had little trouble getting in and out of Miami. But we did get there early. There were some lines, but it moved quickly...

I would pick the Legend for 2 reasons- It will give you the chance to cruise on a different class of ship, and the Tampa port is much better and easier than Miami (IMO).

That is what I was going to say. If you are flying in, it is usually cheaper to fly to Tampa.

I'd choose "Legend" as well, for a number of reasons.

1. You've done the Conquest class ships before, so something new would be nice

2. Port of Tampa is much, much easier. Actually it can accommodate more than one ship at a time, but more often than not, there's only 1 in port.

3. Tampa International Airport is excellent, and only about 4 miles from the Port of Tampa.

4. Hotels are less expensive in Tampa if you're staying a night or two before or after your cruise.

5. The overall cost of the cruise/airfare is lower for "Legend".

6. "Legend" is an excellent ship, with outstanding food, superior crew, and awesome entertainment.

7. There are lots of things to do in the Tampa area, if you wish to spend a few days. Busch Gardens, Tampa Aquarium, Ybor City, and lots more.

"SKY"

Archived