Anyone use Frontier Excursions, Skagway, 2009?

Been There, Planning That

I'd used what is proving to be a misleading title, so I'll try again.

I've read only positive reviews of Frontier Excursions in Skagway in the past but we're wondering how they're doing under new ownership.

We're considering a booking.

Thanks in advance for any who take the time to reply.

I'll just say that the new owners have a very good reputation with their rafting operation, and I heard no negatives about their expanded business this past year. It may have taken a bit to work the "bugs" out of a completely new style of touring, though.

I have not used this company, but did find a little info on another site. The link is below. Since the thread has been inactive it has been closed. However, you can try to Private Message the poster if you have further questions. You will need an account on Trip Advisor to contact the poster:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60877-i1735-k2815224-l18280317-Anyone_use_Frontier_Excursions-Skagway_Alaska.html

VBMom87,

I cannot believe that anyone 'out there' would check on another board for some unknown poster!

What kind generosity! Thank you. I read with interest the review from a trip before the new owners.

Our TA has often booked them for clients in past years but has no experience with the new owners.

VBMom87,

I cannot believe that anyone 'out there' would check on another board for some unknown poster!

What kind generosity! Thank you. I read with interest the review from a trip before the new owners.

Our TA has often booked them for clients in past years but has no experience with the new owners.

NP, love to help..just my nature ;). I loved Alaska so much and hope to go back some day. I like to help people find what they want. I just reread the post. Sorry, I thought it was the new owners, but realize now it was not. You could try posting your question on TA also and see if you get a response there. I know it is a bit scary to try someone who does not have reviews out there.

We used them this June and took the yukon 4x4 tour it was incredible it was my husband the driver and myself, seen bears soooooooo close eagles, one of our best experiences. Would highly rec. I was a little concerned with the company changing hands but I would have never known it.

Thanks, you've put my mind at rest. Ours will be a family group of 16 so I feel responsible for this excursion. Of course, we can't hold them responsible for bear sitings!

As with any vendor I suggest you email or call them a few weeks before your trip to confirm everything. Stuff does happen, even to the best vendors!!! Reservations get lost, mishandled, etc. Also make sure to put the phone numbers of all vendors you are using on your trip into your cell phone before you leave for Alaska.

• 6 months later...

I decided to report back on our incredible excursion with Frontier. We were in a 20 seat mini bus with only our family of 16. Our daughters had Emailed Cris about car seats and he turned up in a van with a variety of options to 'flesh' out the ones brought from Canada.

Carly was our guide and she was a most enthusiastic and keen guide. As we were on our own in the bus she made stops for the children when they were restless and still kept us on time for lunch and gold panning.

They were to meet the ship at 9:30 and they were there a bit early so that all car seats were anchored before the 9:30 departure.

I'd have only the most positive comments about the company's new ownership.

And we had an incredibly sunny day for the entire adventure.

Ruth

I decided to report back on our incredible excursion with Frontier. We were in a 20 seat mini bus with only our family of 16. Our daughters had Emailed Cris about car seats and he turned up in a van with a variety of options to 'flesh' out the ones brought from Canada.

Carly was our guide and she was a most enthusiastic and keen guide. As we were on our own in the bus she made stops for the children when they were restless and still kept us on time for lunch and gold panning.

They were to meet the ship at 9:30 and they were there a bit early so that all car seats were anchored before the 9:30 departure.

I'd have only the most positive comments about the company's new ownership.

And we had an incredibly sunny day for the entire adventure.

Ruth

Thanks for posting back. It is really appreciated. I am sure your post will be very helpful to others going to Skagway. It was good to read that you had such a positive experience.

Archived