OBC's and Excursions - Advice Please

nmt12

Hi Fellow Cruisers :)

I just need a little advice:

I had a recent price drop and now have this large OBC. We would like to use this for our excursions and granted I know that they hold some of the excursions for those who want to book on the ship....

However should we book ahead of time and pay or wait until we get on the ship? I have specific excursions I want to take for each day and times (although I'm still flexible...after all its a vacation) But the schedule is so perfect.

Your thoughts? and Thanks in Advance

Excursions I would like to take:

SeaTrek Kayak Adventure

18-Dec-2009, 09:30 AM,

Labadee, Haiti

SeaTrek Personal Watercraft Experience - Driver

18-Dec-2009, 03:00 PM,

Labadee, Haiti

Dragon's Tail Coaster

18-Dec-2009, 01:00 PM,

Labadee, Haiti

BOSS Underwater Adventure

16-Dec-2009, 01:00 PM,

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Fortifications Segway Tour

17-Dec-2009, 10:00 AM,

San Juan, Puerto Rico

The ATV Quad Adventure

15-Dec-2009, 08:30 AM,

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

The BOSS and segway tour seem to be very popular since I've seen several postings about them. You might want to book those early, especially if they only have one or two times. The others you could probably still get onboard, although maybe not the exact times you want. If you don't spend the whole OBC, it will be credited back to your card at the end of the cruise so you won't lose it.

I would prebook the Segway tour because it has very limited space.

You can also use OBC to pay tips at the end of the week.

Whatever you don't use they should credit back to your cc.

I have heard that on the Labadee waverunner excursion, you have to follow others in a line, you can't go wherever you want. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

All excursions on Labadee are the "follow the leader" type of thing...if you want to "do your own thing", it's best to rent a waverunner from another port! Generally, beaches don't need excursions...just go, find a waverunner, pay the guy, and enjoy!

Anything you book before you board will NOT use the OBC.....that's strictly for onboard purchases.

So you can rent other wave runners on the beach besides the ones as part of the excursion? That I didn't know

I have prepaid gratuities as apart of my booking also...so don't need OBC for that and I don't drink....so that out too..

I may just take the advise of the first young lady and book the more popular ones and use the OBC for the others...

I would prebook the Segway tour because it has very limited space.

You can also use OBC to pay tips at the end of the week.

Whatever you don't use they should credit back to your cc.

I have heard that on the Labadee waverunner excursion, you have to follow others in a line, you can't go wherever you want. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I also had an OBC that I wanted to use for my excursions. I called RCL and they told me that like you said they keep an amount available to book on board. I boarded my FOS cruise at 11:45am and went STRAIGHT to the shore excursion desk. There was NO line and i was able to book my excursions with no problems. Had I boarded later in the day or waited to book later during the cruise I may not have been so lucky.

Archived