Advantages of booking thru TA rather then PVP?

Embre

I realize this has probably already been asked, but when I searched for the info., I got too many threads with any mention of TA's or PVP's, so I gave up looking and decided to ask for myself. So if you have a desire to roast me for not looking for previous posts on the subject, save it and move on, please.

I have booked two cruises directly through Carnival. I am planning a third and was just wondering if there is an advantage to using a TA, since so many people do. Some offer incentives like upgrades and obc, but are they worth going through a third pary? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

I have gone thru a TA and I would rather book directly thru Carnival, to me, I get nothing out of it, I have done all the paperwork, called and told him about the price drops, etc. so to me, the next time will be with a PVP.

Why I use my TA:

1. Cheaper than booking direct.

2. No charge for changes/submitting price drop claims.

3. Able to redeem aeroplan miles for credit on cruise fare.

4. She's "on my side". (though I've had no reason to dispute anything through either Princess or Carnival)

5. She does the work for me. I send her an email and she takes care of the rest. (I'm a lazy/busy person by nature but I don't have time to be on the phone with Carnival)

6. She prints out all the paperwork and mails it to me hard copy (including luggage tags that I forget at home)

I suppose I lose having "control" over my booking although I've never seen a price drop in my 2 early saver cruises and if I do catch one I have no worries about not getting an adjustment as I only check these during business hours from work. YMMV.

i have used a ta on my last 2 cruises, and i liked letting them deal with price drops

i had to let them know about the drops,but i didnt have to call or submit forms, the ta did that

yes,it stinks not having control of my cruise,but its worth it to me...so far;)

dave

After using a TA to book our 2002 cruise on the Spirit to Hawaii, I quit using a TA and now book directly with my PVP.

That was the Hawaii cruise that was cancelled due to the AC going out on the ship. We were already in SLC when we found out - Yes, I called CCL to see if ship was sailing prior to leaving, and Yes, I booked air through Carnival. However, when all hell broke loose, my TA had little or no pull with CCL. I finally talked to CCL directly and got it worked out after a lot of tears and anger.

I've had no problem with my PVP, and prefer to pay the extra $20 or $40 pp to have the peace of mind.

I realize this has probably already been asked, but when I searched for the info., I got too many threads with any mention of TA's or PVP's, so I gave up looking and decided to ask for myself. So if you have a desire to roast me for not looking for previous posts on the subject, save it and move on, please.

I have booked two cruises directly through Carnival. I am planning a third and was just wondering if there is an advantage to using a TA, since so many people do. Some offer incentives like upgrades and obc, but are they worth going through a third pary? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

i personally love my TA... she is GREAT... my parents have used her for a decade... its a small little family agency in jersey... when i decided to book my first vacation without my parents, i went right to her and she was above and beyond helpful... got an upgrade from a lower lower balcony to an extended balcony and then another great upgrade when i saw the prices for the cruise dropped SIGNIFICANTLY, but still ended up paying some $500 below the price carnival was showing on its website for a mirroring room... while carnival pvp's are good for dealing with carnival, a TA (if you find one who has experiance and is honest) can tell you a lot about a lot of lines, which i find more helpful... for times when im looking at disney world or a disney cruise... so yea... thats my two cents. i personally love my TA shes more than worth her weight in gold.

Archived