Europe for CCL?

CanWeGoYet?

I keep hoping Carnival will resume europe and transatlantics again. Back when they were still sailing this itinerary, does anyone remember when the itinerary for the following year would be posted? I am thinking ahead to 2011, and really want to do a baltics tour and spend some time in london pre or post cruise. Or a transatlantic with some stops north of Dover in GB.

I keep hoping Carnival will resume europe and transatlantics again. Back when they were still sailing this itinerary, does anyone remember when the itinerary for the following year would be posted? I am thinking ahead to 2011, and really want to do a baltics tour and spend some time in london pre or post cruise. Or a transatlantic with some stops north of Dover in GB.

We have been waiting to hear what is going on with the Magic when it comes into service in 2011. There have been rumors of it spending the summer season before heading over to it's new home port (also waiting to hear where that will be). If it follows the same pattern the Freedom did (Splendor and Dream had much abbreviated stays in Europe) then it would be both northern Europe as well as both eastern and western Med.

John Heald had mentioned that Europe wasn't in the cards for Carnival for 2010 but they may return in 2011...

:)

I'm hoping CCL returns to Europe in 2011. I am looking at a Mediterranean cruise and would like to cruise on a Carnival ship.

The bookings opened for the Carnival Dream on 7/1/08 and the first sailing was 9/21/09 so maybe the Magic bookings will open late March or early April next year. If so then the announcement of her home port and first sailing area should come shortly after the New Year but then again - who knows? We just have to wait. We're ready to book the European sailing when it's posted.

The bookings opened for the Carnival Dream on 7/1/08 and the first sailing was 9/21/09 so maybe the Magic bookings will open late March or early April next year. If so then the announcement of her home port and first sailing area should come shortly after the New Year but then again - who knows? We just have to wait. We're ready to book the European sailing when it's posted.

You are correct, we do have to wait. Like you we would love to book something in Europe. If she does do a Europe based itin for the first several months, she probably would not come over to her home port until mid October (my guess). I would tend to think they would hold off now till all the hub bub for the Oasis dies down, so that it gets it's just desserts. We'll see.

I'm hoping CCL returns to Europe in 2011. I am looking at a Mediterranean cruise and would like to cruise on a Carnival ship.

I am looking at 2012 Med cruise.......FYI...I am looking at Princess as they have the itins I want. Many other lines in the Med so I don't feel the need to hold my breath for a Carnival ships...their other lines will do just fine.

I have a co worker who just booked a cruise out of Athens (round trip) for next September. He got a fantastic price on the cruise, but is taking a beating on air fare -- approx. $1600 -- non stop flight -- 10 hrs. -- Newark to Athens -- cheaper than going out of JFK.

This was one of the reasons CCL backed off from Europe for 2010 because their passengers do not want to pay these rates.

Also, the yen is 87 to the US dollar, British pound approx. 1 and 1/2 times the US dollar. Once you get over to Europe you will need to book tours since many times you are several hours out of the main city from where the ship docks. If you want to purchase anything ashore, you will just be totally floored with the prices.

Hopefully, the US dollar gains. It is really heartbreaking to see all the foreign tourists paying out big bucks for what we Amercians consider to be very expensive (and wish we could purchase with such glee) due to the difference in currency values.

MARAPRINCE

I am looking at 2012 Med cruise.......FYI...I am looking at Princess as they have the itins I want. Many other lines in the Med so I don't feel the need to hold my breath for a Carnival ships...their other lines will do just fine.

I agree with you ... why wait when you can go on the other cruise lines. we did Med on HAL and it was wonderful ... great food etc. we are going on Baltic cruise in Sept. 2010 on RC and they have the ports I want and also there is a ship out of Dover England for people who want to see England first (been there 2 times).... Why wait for Carnival?????? :p

I agree with you ... why wait when you can go on the other cruise lines. we did Med on HAL and it was wonderful ... great food etc. we are going on Baltic cruise in Sept. 2010 on RC and they have the ports I want and also there is a ship out of Dover England for people who want to see England first (been there 2 times).... Why wait for Carnival?????? :p

Hey, everyone gets to choose. Couple of reasons from my perspective, price and loyalty perks. Baltic cruise sounds interesting...

Archived