Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

BTW - I actually have a "real" question for CC.

Has anyone done a golf excursion in St. Thomas? ( I can't seem to find any threads about golf excursions) Also, wondering if anyone has used the golf simulator on the "dream"?

Debbie

I played there about 7 years ago. Expensive once you rent everything and pay for the excursion. Average course with three very interesting and scenic holes along the ocean they call the "Devil's Triangle". I f you make it thru those three holes without losing your ball they give you a Tee shirt saying 'I survived the Devil's Triangle'

I played there about 7 years ago. Expensive once you rent everything and pay for the excursion. Average course with three very interesting and scenic holes along the ocean they call the "Devil's Triangle". I f you make it thru those three holes without losing your ball they give you a Tee shirt saying 'I survived the Devil's Triangle'

Ya, I see the exursion is about 180.00 and the golf rental is about 40.00

My husband will do this on his own! He'll want to play to get the T-shirt for sure!!! lol Thanks for the info!

You didn't say if you go the T-shirt for yourself!!

Debbie

Ya, I see the exursion is about 180.00 and the golf rental is about 40.00

My husband will do this on his own! He'll want to play to get the T-shirt for sure!!! lol Thanks for the info!

You didn't say if you go the T-shirt for yourself!!

Debbie

Nope...didn't get one

Contact Johna. She'll tell you to get someone to collect the dollars and send her a money order or use a credit card number to pay for the party.

It doesn't matter whether the folks are in your group or roll call... all are welcome!!

We had about 120 for the Crazies Cruise!

:)

Hi Mach,

Can you give me the contact information for Johna? I'd like to set up a cocktail party for my roll call.

Thank you,

Jaime

Carnival Dream shows from what I remember were:

The first night is a little bit of everything, singing, dancing, fun force guys and comedians. Country show one night (Great), Dancin in the streets ( amazing), comic-magic guy (very funny). Went to the comedy club every night and loved it ( PG and R rated shows). Piano bar was very fun as well. The Fun Force guys are break dancers with a twist. Loved the ship, just came back Jan 16th.

Hi Mach,

Can you give me the contact information for Johna? I'd like to set up a cocktail party for my roll call.

Thank you,

Jaime

Jamie... can you email me on this? I'm sure we can take care of it for you...

My email address is in my signature...

Hi Mach,

Love reading your posts. You always have lots of good information.

I have a (probably silly) question about cove balcony rooms. So far we have 4 coves booked, but as I am looking at the pictures, it seems like the railing is lower than regular balconies. I am concerned that an active 2 year old may be able to climb these balconies:confused:. Am I just being an overprotective grandma:eek:??? Thanks for any input you have.

Hi Mach,

Love reading your posts. You always have lots of good information.

I have a (probably silly) question about cove balcony rooms. So far we have 4 coves booked, but as I am looking at the pictures, it seems like the railing is lower than regular balconies. I am concerned that an active 2 year old may be able to climb these balconies:confused:. Am I just being an overprotective grandma:eek:??? Thanks for any input you have.

Balcony railing are 45 inches high including those on the Cove balcony cabins. There's far more 'open' space on the cove balconies than there is on those with the Plexiglas front:

Dream027.jpg

I'd suggest that it's not a very good idea to have a 2 year old on ANY balcony without an adult to watch him/her closely. To that end there is an interior lock on the balcony door positioned 65 inches off the floor to prevent the little ones from getting out unsupervised.

Hope this helps a bit...

Balcony railing are 45 inches high including those on the Cove balcony cabins. There's far more 'open' space on the cove balconies than there is on those with the Plexiglas front:

Dream027.jpg

I'd suggest that it's not a very good idea to have a 2 year old on ANY balcony without an adult to watch him/her closely. To that end there is an interior lock on the balcony door positioned 65 inches off the floor to prevent the little ones from getting out unsupervised.

Hope this helps a bit...

Mach: Thanks for the picture of the cove balcony... Here is another question than after looking at it. Is there plexiglass as on regular balcony's or is it open as it looks? I had thought about getting a cove but was afraid that you couldn't see as much once sitting on the balcony. However, your picture shows differently! Thanks!

Tips: Are they shared amongst the crew? Does anyone know the percentage of the actually amount given to each party IF shared? If I give an extra tip (when my cruise is over) say to my... cabin steward, is that his to keep ALONE or does he have to share that too?

There are always so many threads on this and I always auto-tip and leave extra for special services. However, I still would like to know how the tips are spread out and you seem to have an 'inside' amount of information! Thank you Mach!

Tips: Are they shared amongst the crew? Does anyone know the percentage of the actually amount given to each party IF shared? If I give an extra tip (when my cruise is over) say to my... cabin steward, is that his to keep ALONE or does he have to share that too?

There are always so many threads on this and I always auto-tip and leave extra for special services. However, I still would like to know how the tips are spread out. Thank you Mach!

The normal $10/pp/day gratuity is broken down as follows:

$ 3.50 Per Day Stateroom Services

$ 5.50 Per Day Dining Room Services

$ 1.00 Per Day Alternative Services: distributed to other kitchen and hotel service staff

The entire amount goes to the intended folks... Carnival takes NO portion of that amount at all. If you elect to tip additional and do it via credit card the recipient gets ALL of that tip. No credit card surcharge is deducted from that amount.

Tips hand delivered to, as an example, your table waiter, go to that person exclusively. For that reason I most normally tip both my table waiter AND assistant if I feel the service warrants. The same holds true for your cabin steward...

Mach: Thanks for the picture of the cove balcony... Here is another question than after looking at it. Is there plexiglass as on regular balcony's or is it open as it looks? I had thought about getting a cove but was afraid that you couldn't see as much once sitting on the balcony. However, your picture shows differently! Thanks!

There is no Plexiglas there... it's open.

The view from a Cove balcony is actually better, from a seated position, than it is from a standard balcony.

Archived