Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

I've been forwarding John everything that pops up regarding this including that link.

He really is on our side... Here's hoping that the folks at Carnival see the error of their ways.

Folks are already saying that they won't sail Carnival any more because of this intrusive policy.

By the way... I do sleep... just not much...

:)

Hi Mach,

It's been a while since you've heard from us, in fact since the fabulous Crazies Cruise in Sept. Just want to add a comment or two about the new luggage policy--I don't know whether you remember us or not, but I am handicapped with a cane and my 82-year old husband is on oxygen, and there is very expensive medical equipment that must be packed in our checked luggage, because we can only carry so much carry-on luggage with us. We definitely don't need folks that don't even know what they are looking at, rifiling(sp?) through our bags.

If they think they are going to increase revenues by confiscating contraband alcohol-they will lose a lot more, by alienating and offending long-time guests such as you and Stitch and lot of the other Crazies. We all can choose any of the other lines out there. We are booked on a back-to-back on the Ecstacy in May, we won't spend a penny on alcohol sales--we will use the points we have on our Fun Points card to buy drink coupons and onboard credits, and of course carry on our two legal bottles of wine, with our own cork screw! After these two cruises, we will think twice, about booking with Carnival, if they continue down this path. This is the poorest excuse called "security", that I've ever heard of. Our bags will be boarded with a minimum of zip ties, and come off with our TSA locks (sitting in the hallway for hours, not being locked-really?)

Thanks to you and John for your efforts in this matter.

Already updated on FAQ's:

In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, Carnival prohibits certain items onboard, i.e., weapons, candles, irons, alcohol, or other dangerous goods. According to our policy, Carnival conducts security scanning of all baggage and if prohibited items are found, they will be removed and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be delivered to your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Unsealed containers with prohibited liquids will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case. For additional information, please refer to the terms and conditions of your cruise ticket contract.

We suggest all luggage be unlocked before turning over to the porters in order to avoid any inconvenience or delay in delivering the luggage to your stateroom. Should you choose not to unlock your bags and prohibited items are found during screening, your luggage will be retained until you can open it in front of security personnel.

Guests, 21 years of age and older, may bring one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage.

Hi Mach,

It's been a while since you've heard from us, in fact since the fabulous Crazies Cruise in Sept. Just want to add a comment or two about the new luggage policy--I don't know whether you remember us or not, but I am handicapped with a cane and my 82-year old husband is on oxygen, and there is very expensive medical equipment that must be packed in our checked luggage, because we can only carry so much carry-on luggage with us. We definitely don't need folks that don't even know what they are looking at, rifiling(sp?) through our bags.

If they think they are going to increase revenues by confiscating contraband alcohol-they will lose a lot more, by alienating and offending long-time guests such as you and Stitch and lot of the other Crazies. We all can choose any of the other lines out there. We are booked on a back-to-back on the Ecstacy in May, we won't spend a penny on alcohol sales--we will use the points we have on our Fun Points card to buy drink coupons and onboard credits, and of course carry on our two legal bottles of wine, with our own cork screw! After these two cruises, we will think twice, about booking with Carnival, if they continue down this path. This is the poorest excuse called "security", that I've ever heard of. Our bags will be boarded with a minimum of zip ties, and come off with our TSA locks (sitting in the hallway for hours, not being locked-really?)

Thanks to you and John for your efforts in this matter.

Of course I remember you guys! It's great to hear from you.

Fortunately, Carnival has changed their policy in this regard and locks will be permitted.

Hope to see you two on another ship soon!!!

Already updated on FAQ's:

In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, Carnival prohibits certain items onboard, i.e., weapons, candles, irons, alcohol, or other dangerous goods. According to our policy, Carnival conducts security scanning of all baggage and if prohibited items are found, they will be removed and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be delivered to your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Unsealed containers with prohibited liquids will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case. For additional information, please refer to the terms and conditions of your cruise ticket contract.

We suggest all luggage be unlocked before turning over to the porters in order to avoid any inconvenience or delay in delivering the luggage to your stateroom. Should you choose not to unlock your bags and prohibited items are found during screening, your luggage will be retained until you can open it in front of security personnel.

Guests, 21 years of age and older, may bring one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage.

Glad to see they got it updated. I checked bit earlier but the unlock requirement was still there...

I plan to carry on a bottle of wine one each for my husband and I; but, if I bring on a case of pepsi and water, can I put these in my checked luggage? It would be a burden to carry on and take with me until my room is ready! :confused:

I plan to carry on a bottle of wine one each for my husband and I; but, if I bring on a case of pepsi and water, can I put these in my checked luggage? It would be a burden to carry on and take with me until my room is ready! :confused:

I would say yes to put it in your checked luggage......with the caviat that if your luggage is locked you might have to go to the naughty room and open up your luggage for security.

Dave

I think this is a fair compromise. Would you believe I had a dream the other night that my old ratty sweatshirt I love to sleep in got stolen out of my checked bag? Yet nothing else?

I'm already nearly packed in a carryon for our Feb 4 night cruise, so I'm not checking any bags this time around. But glad to know voices were heard.

Now, so long as my sheets are clean the first night, I'll be a happy cruiser...:rolleyes:

I think this is a fair compromise. Would you believe I had a dream the other night that my old ratty sweatshirt I love to sleep in got stolen out of my checked bag? Yet nothing else?

I'm already nearly packed in a carryon for our Feb 4 night cruise, so I'm not checking any bags this time around. But glad to know voices were heard.

Now, so long as my sheets are clean the first night, I'll be a happy cruiser...:rolleyes:

The last thing I'd worry about is clean sheets. My cabins have always been meticulously maintained.

Have a great time on your cruise! Which ship?

The last thing I'd worry about is clean sheets. My cabins have always been meticulously maintained.

Have a great time on your cruise! Which ship?

LOL...mostly we've had that too. I'm infinitely amazed at how crew can turn a ship so easily a couple times a week...but we had, umm, shall I delicately say, residue? on sheets the first night of the last cruise. And we'd been on deck ALL AFTERNOON I SWEAR!!! LOL!!!

I know it doesn't happen often, but I needed a strong nightcap waiting on the cabin steward to fix that one last time. We joke about it and it was one of only two problems we've ever had on carnival in our all of two past cruises with the line...we are VERY easy to please.

We are fortunate to have received an OV cabin on the main deck on the Fantasy mid month out of mobile. SO excited as the waterpark is a big draw. DD doesn't care for Camp Carnival and we like to park ourselves in a chair most of the time.

Lots of info here:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/index.php#

After you choose your ship, click on extras and then on the deck. Stateroom info but I didn't see balcony sizes.

They do indicate whether it is standard or large, etc. but sizes only seem to be in the suites link.

Thanks John! That's exactly what I was looking for :D

Hey Mach,

Can you find out from Carnival what is going on with their webcams? Out of the 5 ships that have them, only 2 are working. The Freedom Cam went down today. The Dream and Splendor are working. The Valor, Liberty, and Freedom are down.

Thanks!

Hey Mach,

Can you find out from Carnival what is going on with their webcams? Out of the 5 ships that have them, only 2 are working. The Freedom Cam went down today. The Dream and Splendor are working. The Valor, Liberty, and Freedom are down.

Thanks!

The webcams don't have a ton of priority... Sometimes it's the cam on the ship... most often it's the internet connection.

I'll ask again but I'm pretty sure I'll get the same answer...

Hi Mach,

Looks like I stumbled upon the new bar menu at http://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html

This menu shows the newest price for 16 oz. domestic beer at $5.75 and other prices have also increased.

I did, however notice that Samuel Adams was no longer listed in the beer section.:eek:

Please don't tell me they've discontinued it. :rolleyes:

Would you mind checking with the powers that might know?

Hi Mach,

Looks like I stumbled upon the new bar menu at http://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html

This menu shows the newest price for 16 oz. domestic beer at $5.75 and other prices have also increased.

I did, however notice that Samuel Adams was no longer listed in the beer section.:eek:

Please don't tell me they've discontinued it. :rolleyes:

Would you mind checking with the powers that might know?

I'll be glad to. Just as an aside, I've noticed that prices on 4 day or shorter cruises are much higher than long cruises...

Marketing??

:rolleyes:

For those wondering Carnival's true intentions about leaving your bags unlocked, this confirms it. So basically if it "looks" like a "bottle" it is going to be searched. At least they are leaving a note to let you know you have been naughty.

Dave

We are just off the Imagination today and had our bags searched. We had them unlocked and had 1 water bottle and 1 coke bottle in our checked bags. The coke bottle was filled with captain morgan and was taken and a note was in the bag saying it had been confiscated. Also, another couple we were traveling with had their 2 bottles of wine in the checked bags and it was also taken. They gave the wine back last night but we were very disappointed that it was taken.

Yet again my post about who decides to close down threads/posts is missing! Twice in one day... There is nothing wrong with my question yet it is gone. Why? Where did they go?

It's against the rules. Read the guidelines.

Mach:

We are sailing on the Splendor on 4/25. I am wondering if CCL has changed their policy regarding bringing beverages such as wine/champagne, pop or water all together? Having to dump out a sealed bottle of water that was in your backpack seems a bit much.

OK Mr Pete... I'll bite. What's against the rules? I read the guidelines and didn't fine any place where I had asked something wrong. Please 'enlighten' me.

Special Note Regarding Removal Of Posts

Posts will, from time to time, be removed from our forums at the sole discretion of Cruise Critic without notification to the author or discussion participants.

You should also know that the discussion of our management policies and procedures -- including post deletions-- is considered off-topic discussion for our cruise boards and will also be removed without notice. As mentioned above, all decisions regarding any action taken by management shall remain final.

Mach:

We are sailing on the Splendor on 4/25. I am wondering if CCL has changed their policy regarding bringing beverages such as wine/champagne, pop or water all together? Having to dump out a sealed bottle of water that was in your backpack seems a bit much.

I agree... that is nuts.

I just looked at my eDocs for my cruise on the Ecstasy in two weeks and they state: 'Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages.' No change. However, the 'small quantity' has never been clarified...

:rolleyes:

Archived