Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

What is a Miami Vice? I've seen several people refer to it, and I'm assuming it's a drink. I didn't see it on the bar menu.

Thanks -

Nancy

It's a kinda twisted combination of a Pina Colada and a Strawberry Daiquiri!!

miamivice.jpg

:)

Splash Blue Curacao in the bottom of a glass. Fill two thirds with Pina Colada. Fill the final third with Strawberry Daiquiri. Red White & Blue, great for when you're on a cruise for the Fourth of July

Enjoy

Ron

I have one for you please.... we're taking our kids on our Splendor cruise at the end of May. I've been making them "travel books" just printouts of crossword puzzles, scavenger hunts, games, etc. to keep them busy. Do you know if there is anything like that for Carnival? I've read on the boards how they have adult scavenger hunts (more like photo hunts). Is there anything like that we can print out in advance for the kids?

Thanks!

Shawn in AK

I remember one on the Pride three years ago and they gave you clues and you wrote down a location or place on the ship. This was for the Circle C age group, i think.

Maybe someone would have a copy of it??

Also if you don't let your child sign themselves out without a parent signature, they won't be able to participate in the scavenger hunt. Thats at least how it was three years ago.

I remember one on the Pride three years ago and they gave you clues and you wrote down a location or place on the ship. This was for the Circle C age group, i think.

Maybe someone would have a copy of it??

Also if you don't let your child sign themselves out without a parent signature, they won't be able to participate in the scavenger hunt. Thats at least how it was three years ago.

Several have made up their own scavenger hunts for their groups.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1061358&highlight=scavenger+hunt+paradise

Hi Mach,

Maybe you can find out the "real" answer to this from someone at Carnival.

Which ships have adult only aft (swimming) pools?

I know that the Glory does and someone else just posted that the Liberty does as well.

I thought all the Conquest class ships had adult only aft swimming pools since they have 3 pools.

Can you try and find out?

Thanks!

Hi Mach,

Maybe you can find out the "real" answer to this from someone at Carnival.

Which ships have adult only aft (swimming) pools?

I know that the Glory does and someone else just posted that the Liberty does as well.

I thought all the Conquest class ships had adult only aft swimming pools since they have 3 pools.

Can you try and find out?

Thanks!

They ALL have the aft pool with the sliding roof but I don't think any of them are adult's only. The hot tubs are adult only but not the pools.

I'll check and report back...

They ALL have the aft pool with the sliding roof but I don't think any of them are adult's only. The hot tubs are adult only but not the pools.

I'll check and report back...

THe Miracle and Legend aft pools are also adult only

Mach,

Does Carnival have a program for people on later flights to take the baggage to the airport and check them in?

Yeah... they do but it's a bit on the limited side... not all ports... not all airlines. It's called 'Luggage Express.'

The last time I heard the fee was $20 and limited to 2 bags per passenger. You can check at the Guest Services (Purser's Desk) upon embark to see if the service is offered.

Yeah... they do but it's a bit on the limited side... not all ports... not all airlines. It's called 'Luggage Express.'

The last time I heard the fee was $20 and limited to 2 bags per passenger. You can check at the Guest Services (Purser's Desk) upon embark to see if the service is offered.

Thanks so much!!

On another thread we were talking about the Spirit class and someone said that the Spirit class ships were the most economical to run. The OP didn't really know how to explain it and they said you explained it to them. Is there any way you could explain it?

On another thread we were talking about the Spirit class and someone said that the Spirit class ships were the most economical to run. The OP didn't really know how to explain it and they said you explained it to them. Is there any way you could explain it?

It's really a fairly small benefit but a benefit it is. The Spirit class hulls are 'fine'... in other words long compared to the beam... 962 feet long with a beam of 106 feet... It's the fineness ratio ( a term applicable to aircraft as well as ships...) that improves the speed of the ship/economy or both. It's a bit more complex than that (fineness ratio is actually the ratio of the wetted length of the hull to a cube equal to the displacement volume...) but it works to help understand.

Long, thin ships that are relatively light are faster or more fuel efficient than short, fat ships. Think cargo ships vs. cruise ships...

The Spirit Class have a better fineness ratio than the other classes.

Now, we're ignoring other huge factors like frictional and residual resistance but that's the gist of the idea...

It's really a fairly small benefit but a benefit it is. The Spirit class hulls are 'fine'... in other words long compared to the beam... 962 feet long with a beam of 106 feet... It's the fineness ratio ( a term applicable to aircraft as well as ships...) that improves the speed of the ship/economy or both. It's a bit more complex than that (fineness ratio is actually the ratio of the wetted length of the hull to a cube equal to the displacement volume...) but it works to help understand.

Long, thin ships that are relatively light are faster or more fuel efficient than short, fat ships. Think cargo ships vs. cruise ships...

The Spirit Class have a better fineness ratio than the other classes.

Now, we're ignoring other huge factors like frictional and residual resistance but that's the gist of the idea...

Thank You!

Does the Freedom have the FCC desk and offer the Behind the Scenes tour?

To the best of my knowledge, all of the Carnival ships have the Behind the Scenes tour. You can read the press release here:

http://carnivalpressroom.wordpress.com/2009/07/23/carnivals-new-behind-the-fun-tours-offer-unique-insight-into-lines-shipboard-operations/

If I remember correctly, the cost was $95 on seven day voyages and $55 on shorter cruises.

I'll have to check on the Future Cruise Credit desk. I expect that there is one, though...

Archived