Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

Hello,

Sorry if this is posted on the wrong thread, but wasn't sure about starting a new one for this.

Went on Royal Caribbean last year around the Western Caribbean - we are doing the same in October this year, and something that they had I was wondering if Carnival had.

They had a Port & Shopping guide on board, and a book that you had an opportunity to buy on board on the first day that had coupons for each port in the Caribbean that was full of discounts...

We didn't find out until we got on board that they had this as the website didn't have anything, I've had a look on the Carnival website and haven't been able to find anything.

Was wondering if anyone knows if they have this, or something similar & can help?

Thanks heaps in advance & sorry again if it's posted in the wrong place.

Lauren :)

Each ship has a ports of call shopping who conducts a briefing on the morning of the first sea day.

There's a ports shopping guide available at the briefing and also available at the Excursions Desk. I believe there are some coupons in the guide, not terribly sure as I'm not a big ports shopper...

:)

I saw a post regarding ordering from Bon Voyage which read that someone got their alcohol confiscated from their luggage and they then called the Bon Voyage Department and ordered liquor. The post also stated that this is allowed by certain ships. Is this correct; can you order liquor from the Bon Voyage Department while on the ship and if so, is the Conquest of of the ships that allows this?? :confused::confused:

I saw a post regarding ordering from Bon Voyage which read that someone got their alcohol confiscated from their luggage and they then called the Bon Voyage Department and ordered liquor. The post also stated that this is allowed by certain ships. Is this correct; can you order liquor from the Bon Voyage Department while on the ship and if so, is the Conquest of of the ships that allows this?? :confused::confused:

Yes, you can.

You can order bar setups from Guest Services at approximately the same price as from the Bon Voyage Department.

host mach, our little cruise in oct, 18th,2010 on the miracle to southern caribbean, I have been searching for excursions. other members have been trying to find some info too. Aruba and Caracao are the port of interest. Do have any insight or leads on the best activities? any help would be appreicated, or join our group and roll call forum.

We went to Aruba about 10 years and ago (do not remember if RCCL or Carnival) and took a ships tour of the highlights.

They dropped us off at a beach belonging to some hotel on the far side of the island which was just gorgeous and we came back on a city bus.

It was very easy and we decided next time we go back we just take a bus. It was very cheap and easy to get around on.

Hoping Carnival will extend this itinerary as we would love to do it.

VIP Embarkation in Charleston, SC...

Been reading on the East Coast Departures board about embarkation procedures in Charleston. It sounds like this will be very different from other ports, for various reasons.

Apparently everyone has to be shuttled to the terminal and apparently there is NO VIP anything until you get through security. IOW, you stand outside where there is a little tent and a handful of chairs to get the shuttle to the terminal, then you stand in line to get through security, and THEN you get to go to a separate desk for your S&S card.

I'll know at the end of the week if my friend can join me. I booked as a solo, but prices now have dropped so much (of course and I booked late so no ES for me) that two people could book for considerably less than I paid for one.

Anyway, my friend is a cancer patient. She's the person who introduced me to cruising back in 2001 on Jubilee.

I assured her that now that I'm Platinum, embarkation would be a breeze! And then I started reading this stuff about Charleston. :(

When I sailed from FLL in December (my first as Platinum), there was no separate line to get through security either, but when I showed my FunPass, the gentleman walked us past the line, stopped everyone, and put us through the scanner. The whole thing held up the others for about 30 seconds.

Why can't this be done in Charleston? Even when there is no separate VIP security line, they could still put us through immediately!

I'm going to be very upset if she gets her doctor's OK to join me and then is expected to stand outside waiting for a shuttle, and then stand forever in those long, snaking security lines!

OT: I understand that Mr. Heald is going to be on our cruise. If you don't get an answer to my earlier HMC return tender question, perhaps I'll interrogate him once we board!

VIP Embarkation in Charleston, SC...

Been reading on the East Coast Departures board about embarkation procedures in Charleston. It sounds like this will be very different from other ports, for various reasons.

Apparently everyone has to be shuttled to the terminal and apparently there is NO VIP anything until you get through security. IOW, you stand outside where there is a little tent and a handful of chairs to get the shuttle to the terminal, then you stand in line to get through security, and THEN you get to go to a separate desk for your S&S card.

I'll know at the end of the week if my friend can join me. I booked as a solo, but prices now have dropped so much (of course and I booked late so no ES for me) that two people could book for considerably less than I paid for one.

Anyway, my friend is a cancer patient. She's the person who introduced me to cruising back in 2001 on Jubilee.

I assured her that now that I'm Platinum, embarkation would be a breeze! And then I started reading this stuff about Charleston. :(

When I sailed from FLL in December (my first as Platinum), there was no separate line to get through security either, but when I showed my FunPass, the gentleman walked us past the line, stopped everyone, and put us through the scanner. The whole thing held up the others for about 30 seconds.

Why can't this be done in Charleston? Even when there is no separate VIP security line, they could still put us through immediately!

I'm going to be very upset if she gets her doctor's OK to join me and then is expected to stand outside waiting for a shuttle, and then stand forever in those long, snaking security lines!

OT: I understand that Mr. Heald is going to be on our cruise. If you don't get an answer to my earlier HMC return tender question, perhaps I'll interrogate him once we board!

A great deal of the embarkation process leading up to the security check point is out of Carnival's hands. It's handled by the port so I don't know if I'll be able to address that.

As I recall, your question about tendering at HMC was do Platinum cruisers get priority tendering on the return. When I asked the question I was told that I'd need to contact the specific ship at pretty much everything at HMC is dependent on the crew of the ship. What vessel are you sailing on?

DH and I were planning to put luggage tags on our soda and water and check it. Now with Carnivals updates, we will have to carry it on. Do you know if they will allow us to use a small folding luggage cart? We both have physical limitations that would make it impossible for us to hand carry these items due to their weight. Then you add on the other carry ons, (wine, medical equipment, valuables) and it becomes logisticly impossible to manage.

TIA for your help.

DH and I were planning to put luggage tags on our soda and water and check it. Now with Carnivals updates, we will have to carry it on. Do you know if they will allow us to use a small folding luggage cart? We both have physical limitations that would make it impossible for us to hand carry these items due to their weight. Then you add on the other carry ons, (wine, medical equipment, valuables) and it becomes logisticly impossible to manage.

TIA for your help.

There is no prohibition on those foldable luggage carts but there is now a limitation to how much you can bring on board in the way of non alcoholic beverages. The limit is now one twelve pack per person.

There is no prohibition on those foldable luggage carts but there is now a limitation to how much you can bring on board in the way of non alcoholic beverages. The limit is now one twelve pack per person.

Thanks for the info! To clarify, is that total, (6 soda + 6 water) per person or total, (12 soda + 12 water) each? Sorry to be dense, but I want to make sure I've got it right. :o

Thanks for the info! To clarify, is that total, (6 soda + 6 water) per person or total, (12 soda + 12 water) each? Sorry to be dense, but I want to make sure I've got it right. :o

It's one twelve pack per person... I don't think they really care how it's composed...

After I posted my bit about Port of Charleston, I started thinking that we'll probably be dealing with port personnel and not Carnival personnel, given the setup there.

I'm on Fantasy on 5/23. I won't know if my friend can go until this weekend, so don't worry about it for now. If it turns out she can go, I'll give you an update here and then see if you can find out anything about the return tender at HMC.

But I'm correct that Mr. Heald will be on that cruise, right? Both he and Risa?

After I posted my bit about Port of Charleston, I started thinking that we'll probably be dealing with port personnel and not Carnival personnel, given the setup there.

I'm on Fantasy on 5/23. I won't know if my friend can go until this weekend, so don't worry about it for now. If it turns out she can go, I'll give you an update here and then see if you can find out anything about the return tender at HMC.

But I'm correct that Mr. Heald will be on that cruise, right? Both he and Risa?

If your friend can go and needs assistance getting to the port I'm sure that can be arranged. Let me know either here or via email.

I believe that John will be doing a five day hand over this week and Risa will then go on vacation. I think that John will be on his own for your cruise. He's quite familiar with the ship as we were on the Fantasy for the Bloggers cruise last year.

Mach,

We are booked in an 8M Category aft cabin. In your experience, does this category ever go down? Wondering, cause I think I have officially become an price checking OCD'er!!

Thanks for your help!!

Price is purely a function of demand. If you're cruise isn't selling well prices will drop but those 8Ms are pretty popular and hold their value well.

Keep watchin'... you may end up saving a few bucks!

Sorry, asked a question a couple of days ago - but I have another one.

I saw a thread on here about the Bon Voyage packages, and some people were able to have bottles of Vodka, Tequila, etc... I looked on the Carnival website at what was available & the only sort of alcohol available to purchase was Wine... I don't really drink wine & want some vodka.

Somebody on these boards told me to call Carnival... I live in Australia so thats not really an option.. Had to book my cruise through an agent & asked her about the Bon Voyage stuff & she didn't really know much about it.

I signed in to the website and it had that I was able to purchase stuff, but wine was the only option again..

Then while on the Carnival website, it said that each person was able to bring on board 1x bottle of wine... Can I perhaps buy a bottle of spirits before I board the ship, or will it be confiscated?

Thank you, i appreciate it :)

Lauren

Sorry, asked a question a couple of days ago - but I have another one.

I saw a thread on here about the Bon Voyage packages, and some people were able to have bottles of Vodka, Tequila, etc... I looked on the Carnival website at what was available & the only sort of alcohol available to purchase was Wine... I don't really drink wine & want some vodka.

Somebody on these boards told me to call Carnival... I live in Australia so thats not really an option.. Had to book my cruise through an agent & asked her about the Bon Voyage stuff & she didn't really know much about it.

I signed in to the website and it had that I was able to purchase stuff, but wine was the only option again..

Then while on the Carnival website, it said that each person was able to bring on board 1x bottle of wine... Can I perhaps buy a bottle of spirits before I board the ship, or will it be confiscated?

Thank you, i appreciate it :)

Lauren

Your TA will have to contact Carnival Bon Voyage and request a bar set up with the vodka that you prefer. It will have to be paid for in advance. They typical charge is about $40/bottle.

Your TA will have to contact Carnival Bon Voyage and request a bar set up with the vodka that you prefer. It will have to be paid for in advance. They typical charge is about $40/bottle.

The 1-800 number may not work from overseas. Does anyone have the equivalent local number for BV?

Here is a "different" question.....

I have been alcohol free for 9 years now. I recently began drinking "non-alcoholic" beer. (started this on my last cruise).

Will I be able to bring a 12 pack of non-alcoholic beer on board with me in my carry-on? If so, can I bring bottles or must they be cans?

I hate paying full price for a beer with no alcohol!

Thanks,

Dave

You may get queried by security but if you can point out that it is alcohol free.

I don't know it they will stop bottle but you will get less grief with cans. (bottles aren't permitted on open decks).

Archived