Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

Here is a "different" question.....

I have been alcohol free for 9 years now. I recently began drinking "non-alcoholic" beer. (started this on my last cruise).

Will I be able to bring a 12 pack of non-alcoholic beer on board with me in my carry-on? If so, can I bring bottles or must they be cans?

I hate paying full price for a beer with no alcohol!

Thanks,

Dave

I expect that you'll be fine. If there's a question point out that it's non-alcoholic.

NA beer is also available on board...

DrinkMenu8.jpg

Thanks Mach

I didn't realize it when I was on my last cruise but it IS $1.00 cheaper. I like Buckler (which is what they sell) but it is only available in bottles. Do you think that will be an issue?

Thanks Mach

I didn't realize it when I was on my last cruise but it IS $1.00 cheaper. I like Buckler (which is what they sell) but it is only available in bottles. Do you think that will be an issue?

It would be on the open decks but not in your cabin or some kind of plastic receptacle...

:)

Mach, my friend isn't going to be able to sail with me on the 23rd. She'll probably have surgery scheduled for that week. :(

So the VIP embarkation question in Charleston won't be an issue.

I'll grill Mr. Heald once I'm on board about why we don't have priority tenders for the return trip at HMC.

Thanks.

Mach, my friend isn't going to be able to sail with me on the 23rd. She'll probably have surgery scheduled for that week. :(

So the VIP embarkation question in Charleston won't be an issue.

I'll grill Mr. Heald once I'm on board about why we don't have priority tenders for the return trip at HMC.

Thanks.

I really think that VIP tender isn't practical. Would they hold a tender for Platinum or call one in? Since folks return to the ship at differing times returning would pretty much never be delayed...

Yo Mach,

Any news on the Power Strip Pow Wow yet??

Looks like JH dropped the ball.

There were some changes to the FAQs that now preclude power strips and fans. I think that John just failed to mention it.

I'll ask him to add something to the blog tomorrow...

There were some changes to the FAQs that now preclude power strips and fans. I think that John just failed to mention it.

I'll ask him to add something to the blog tomorrow...

Nothing in here says power strips, but fans are there so I assume this is the new one:

For permitted Items: Carnival limits the size of hand-carry luggage to 24"X 16", which is the dimension of the opening of the X-ray security machine (similar to those used at the airport); there is no measurement for length as the hand-carry luggage will lay flat on the conveyer belt. Luggage larger than 24"X 16" will not be permitted through the security machine and must be checked-in with a curbside porter. Note: Guests bringing the permitted one bottle of wine/champagne and/or small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages must bring these items on board in their carry-on luggage.

Section 4(a) of the Cruise Ticket Contract states: (a) Each fully paid adult Guest will be allowed a reasonable amount of luggage on board containing their personal belongings. Luggage means only trunks, valises, satchels, bags, hangers and bundles with their contents consisting of only such wearing apparel, toilet articles and similar personal effects as are necessary and appropriate for the purpose of the journey.

Confiscated Items List: In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, Carnival prohibits certain items onboard. According to our policy, Carnival conducts security scanning of all luggage and if items on the “Confiscated Items” list found, they will be removed and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be delivered to the guest’s stateroom on the last night of the cruise.

Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

Items on the Confiscated Items List will be tagged and turned over to the ship before sailing if the guest cannot return them to their car.

• Alcohol (hard liquor) / sealed, unopened bottles

• Wine or champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest / sealed, unopened bottles (Allowable to guests 21 years of age or older).

• Beer / sealed, unopened bottles/cans

• Irons

• Candles

• Heating Pads

• Incense

Prohibited Items List: According to our policy, Carnival conducts security scanning of all luggage and if items on the “Prohibited Items” list are found, they will be removed and destroyed if the guest cannot return them to their car. No compensation will be given.

Items on the Prohibited Items List are destroyed if the guest cannot return them to their car.

• Unsealed liquids that are prohibited

• Firearms, including non-firing weapons and starter pistols

• Ammunition, including bullets, shot or missile that can be fired using a propellant

• Imitation or replica weapons, including de-commissioned weapons or those not capable of being fired, and toy weapons

• Explosives or explosive component parts such as detonators

• Fireworks or Pyrotechnics (Except those being used in connection with a company stage production which have been properly manifested)

• Taser or electronic Stun Guns

• Pepper or Mace sprays

• Telescopic or regular batons

• Martial arts equipment (flails, throwing stars, belt buckle knives, etc.)

• Handcuffs, Brass Knuckles

• Compressed gas bottles/cylinders

Note: Dive tanks are not permitted, empty or full. Medical gas bottles are allowed in connection with a certified medical condition but cannot be packed in baggage. Oxygen cylinders must be delivered to guest services and stored in a designated safe area.

• Diver spear guns/slings

• Knives with blades longer than four (4) inches

Note: Recreational dive knives are allowed onboard, but must be held in custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer. Dive knives may be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise. Ceremonial swords are at times permitted with prior notification from the Security Services Department but are held onboard in the same manner as dive knives.

• Volatile and highly flammable liquids such as cigarette lighter fluid

• Scissors with blades longer than four (4) inches

Note: Large scissors of the type used by scrapbook, quilting enthusiasts are at times permitted with prior notification from the Security Services Department but are held onboard in the same manner as dive knives.

• Any other item made, adapted, or intended for use as a weapon

Additional Safety Concerns

Due to "Safety Concerns", the following items cannot be utilized on board nor are permitted on board:

• Bicycles

• Surfboards

• Scooters (Not permitted on board for recreation use. Permitted on board for mobility use.)

• Boats/Canoes

• Segway (Not permitted on board for recreation use or for mobility use.)

• Boats/Canoes

• Use of any footwear with wheels, including but not limited, to Heelys© shoes

Due to "Safety Concerns", the following items cannot be utilized on board but may be brought on board for use in port, only:

• Roller Blades/Skates

• Snorkel Gear

• Skateboards

• Golf Clubs

• Fishing Rods (packed)

• Tennis Rackets

• Kites (packed)

Miscellaneous Concerns:

Household Goods or Tools of Trade: These items cannot be brought on board. See Part 4(b) of the cruise ticket contract.

Coolers: Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process and therefore large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

Live Animals: No guest is permitted to bring on board live animals other than qualified service animals. Permission to bring a service animal must be approved by Guest Access Services at time of booking.

Flowers and Plants: May be brought on board in the port of embarkation but are not permitted to be taken off the ship in the United States, per the U.S Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) Agricultural Division.

Musical Instruments: For the comfort of all our guests, musical instruments can only be brought on board if the guest is performing and this performance has been pre-approved by the Group Department.

Radios/Boom Boxes: For the comfort of all our guests, radios and boom boxes can be used with headphones or ear pieces when used in public areas.

Floatation Devices: For the comfort of all our guests, rafts, tubes and floatation devices other than those used as life-preservers (water wings) cannot be used in the swimming pools on board.

Metal Detectors: Guests are not permitted to use metal detectors on board because anything found on board would "belong" to Carnival Cruise Lines. We would then try to return the item to the guest.

Wrapped Gifts: Guests may bring wrapped gifts on board; however, due to heightened security, the gift may have to be unwrapped, upon request.

DVDs/VCRs/Nintendo/Play Units: These items can only be utilized in suites and guests must provide their own RCA cables. These items cannot be utilized in any other staterooms because of the incompatibility of the units with the stateroom televisions.

Fish Caught on Fishing Expeditions: The fish cannot be brought on board; it must be shipped home.

Medical Marijuana: Medicinal Marijuana is not permitted on board as once it leaves the state where it has been legalized; it is no longer legal.

Clothing Steamers: Permitted

Electric Fans: Due to safety concerns, these items cannot be utilized onboard nor permitted on onboard.

Coffee Makers: Due to safety concerns, these items cannot be utilized onboard nor permitted on onboard.

1-bottle per guest (21 years of age or older) of wine or champagne / sealed, unopened bottle: Permitted - Must be in carry-on luggage.

Non-alcoholic beverages: a small quantity (package of 12 per person) in original sealed, unopened bottles or cans: Permitted - Must be in carry-on luggage.

aggbug.aspx?PostID=544510

I'm glad to see they added Heelies. :D

Nothing in here says power strips, but fans are there so I assume this is the new one:

For permitted Items: Carnival limits the size of hand-carry luggage to 24"X 16", which is the dimension of the opening of the X-ray security machine (similar to those used at the airport); there is no measurement for length as the hand-carry luggage will lay flat on the conveyer belt. Luggage larger than 24"X 16" will not be permitted through the security machine and must be checked-in with a curbside porter. Note: Guests bringing the permitted one bottle of wine/champagne and/or small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages must bring these items on board in their carry-on luggage.

Section 4(a) of the Cruise Ticket Contract states: (a) Each fully paid adult Guest will be allowed a reasonable amount of luggage on board containing their personal belongings. Luggage means only trunks, valises, satchels, bags, hangers and bundles with their contents consisting of only such wearing apparel, toilet articles and similar personal effects as are necessary and appropriate for the purpose of the journey.

Confiscated Items List: In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, Carnival prohibits certain items onboard. According to our policy, Carnival conducts security scanning of all luggage and if items on the “Confiscated Items” list found, they will be removed and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be delivered to the guest’s stateroom on the last night of the cruise.

Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

Items on the Confiscated Items List will be tagged and turned over to the ship before sailing if the guest cannot return them to their car.

• Alcohol (hard liquor) / sealed, unopened bottles

• Wine or champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest / sealed, unopened bottles (Allowable to guests 21 years of age or older).

• Beer / sealed, unopened bottles/cans

• Irons

• Candles

• Heating Pads

• Incense

Prohibited Items List: According to our policy, Carnival conducts security scanning of all luggage and if items on the “Prohibited Items” list are found, they will be removed and destroyed if the guest cannot return them to their car. No compensation will be given.

Items on the Prohibited Items List are destroyed if the guest cannot return them to their car.

• Unsealed liquids that are prohibited

• Firearms, including non-firing weapons and starter pistols

• Ammunition, including bullets, shot or missile that can be fired using a propellant

• Imitation or replica weapons, including de-commissioned weapons or those not capable of being fired, and toy weapons

• Explosives or explosive component parts such as detonators

• Fireworks or Pyrotechnics (Except those being used in connection with a company stage production which have been properly manifested)

• Taser or electronic Stun Guns

• Pepper or Mace sprays

• Telescopic or regular batons

• Martial arts equipment (flails, throwing stars, belt buckle knives, etc.)

• Handcuffs, Brass Knuckles

• Compressed gas bottles/cylinders

Note: Dive tanks are not permitted, empty or full. Medical gas bottles are allowed in connection with a certified medical condition but cannot be packed in baggage. Oxygen cylinders must be delivered to guest services and stored in a designated safe area.

• Diver spear guns/slings

• Knives with blades longer than four (4) inches

Note: Recreational dive knives are allowed onboard, but must be held in custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer. Dive knives may be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise. Ceremonial swords are at times permitted with prior notification from the Security Services Department but are held onboard in the same manner as dive knives.

• Volatile and highly flammable liquids such as cigarette lighter fluid

• Scissors with blades longer than four (4) inches

Note: Large scissors of the type used by scrapbook, quilting enthusiasts are at times permitted with prior notification from the Security Services Department but are held onboard in the same manner as dive knives.

• Any other item made, adapted, or intended for use as a weapon

Additional Safety Concerns

Due to "Safety Concerns", the following items cannot be utilized on board nor are permitted on board:

• Bicycles

• Surfboards

• Scooters (Not permitted on board for recreation use. Permitted on board for mobility use.)

• Boats/Canoes

• Segway (Not permitted on board for recreation use or for mobility use.)

• Boats/Canoes

• Use of any footwear with wheels, including but not limited, to Heelys© shoes

Due to "Safety Concerns", the following items cannot be utilized on board but may be brought on board for use in port, only:

• Roller Blades/Skates

• Snorkel Gear

• Skateboards

• Golf Clubs

• Fishing Rods (packed)

• Tennis Rackets

• Kites (packed)

Miscellaneous Concerns:

Household Goods or Tools of Trade: These items cannot be brought on board. See Part 4(b) of the cruise ticket contract.

Coolers: Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process and therefore large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

Live Animals: No guest is permitted to bring on board live animals other than qualified service animals. Permission to bring a service animal must be approved by Guest Access Services at time of booking.

Flowers and Plants: May be brought on board in the port of embarkation but are not permitted to be taken off the ship in the United States, per the U.S Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) Agricultural Division.

Musical Instruments: For the comfort of all our guests, musical instruments can only be brought on board if the guest is performing and this performance has been pre-approved by the Group Department.

Radios/Boom Boxes: For the comfort of all our guests, radios and boom boxes can be used with headphones or ear pieces when used in public areas.

Floatation Devices: For the comfort of all our guests, rafts, tubes and floatation devices other than those used as life-preservers (water wings) cannot be used in the swimming pools on board.

Metal Detectors: Guests are not permitted to use metal detectors on board because anything found on board would "belong" to Carnival Cruise Lines. We would then try to return the item to the guest.

Wrapped Gifts: Guests may bring wrapped gifts on board; however, due to heightened security, the gift may have to be unwrapped, upon request.

DVDs/VCRs/Nintendo/Play Units: These items can only be utilized in suites and guests must provide their own RCA cables. These items cannot be utilized in any other staterooms because of the incompatibility of the units with the stateroom televisions.

Fish Caught on Fishing Expeditions: The fish cannot be brought on board; it must be shipped home.

Medical Marijuana: Medicinal Marijuana is not permitted on board as once it leaves the state where it has been legalized; it is no longer legal.

Clothing Steamers: Permitted

Electric Fans: Due to safety concerns, these items cannot be utilized onboard nor permitted on onboard.

Coffee Makers: Due to safety concerns, these items cannot be utilized onboard nor permitted on onboard.

1-bottle per guest (21 years of age or older) of wine or champagne / sealed, unopened bottle: Permitted - Must be in carry-on luggage.

Non-alcoholic beverages: a small quantity (package of 12 per person) in original sealed, unopened bottles or cans: Permitted - Must be in carry-on luggage.

aggbug.aspx?PostID=544510

I'm glad to see they added Heelies. :D

Heelies have been in there for a while... thank God...

Do you remember that thread about three years ago about Heelies? Man, did that get crazy or what??

:D

Heelies have been in there for a while... thank God...

Do you remember that thread about three years ago about Heelies? Man, did that get crazy or what??

:D

Yup, some on that thread need the medical mj.

I hope they don't consider a couple tools needed to maintain, open/close and install a video camera in a waterproof housing "tools of trade". It consists of a small open end wrench and an allen wrench with a small tube of silicone lube for the O-ring seals.

I hope they don't consider a couple tools needed to maintain, open/close and install a video camera in a waterproof housing "tools of trade". It consists of a small open end wrench and an allen wrench with a small tube of silicone lube for the O-ring seals.

I'd recommend that you pack them with the housing, attached to it some way... perhaps tape.

Heelies have been on the list for a long time, but I saw a couple of kids wearing them on Fascination 12/08. :(

Mach, you've never been to HMC, have you? Seriously, the return tender line, especially later in the day, is very, very long with virtually no shade and nowhere to sit. Most people LOVE it there and want to prolong returning.

Like I said, I understand that in "normal" ports, you're dealing with port authority people, not Carnival people, but at a private island? Carnival should be able to do whatever they want. Just let us go to the front of the line for the next tender. Just like when we left the ship!

I'd much prefer this to another picture frame! :p

Heelies have been on the list for a long time, but I saw a couple of kids wearing them on Fascination 12/08. :(

Mach, you've never been to HMC, have you? Seriously, the return tender line, especially later in the day, is very, very long with virtually no shade and nowhere to sit. Most people LOVE it there and want to prolong returning.

Like I said, I understand that in "normal" ports, you're dealing with port authority people, not Carnival people, but at a private island? Carnival should be able to do whatever they want. Just let us go to the front of the line for the next tender. Just like when we left the ship!

I'd much prefer this to another picture frame! :p

Just heard back... no priority tendering returning to the ship. As I feared, it would be a logistical nightmare.

I have a question about a beach chair that folds up into a carrying case to take to the beaches while in port. My son is large and it can hold a larger amount of weight than a regular chair. Can I take it on board to be used in port.

I have a question about a beach chair that folds up into a carrying case to take to the beaches while in port. My son is large and it can hold a larger amount of weight than a regular chair. Can I take it on board to be used in port.

Yep... carry it on to avoid any confusion in the checked baggage area...

Host Mach what are the rules about buying a souveneir knife to bring home. Is it ok as long as the blade is less than 4 inches. Is there a rule on knifes somewhere.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=24322912&posted=1#post24322912

If they confiscate it, do they just give it back at the end of the cruise?

I actually have this question too. DS collects pocketknives and I was considering bringing one back to him for a souvenir.

I actually have this question too. DS collects pocketknives and I was considering bringing one back to him for a souvenir.

The limit is 4 inches for a blade.

If you elect to make a purchase like that declare it when you return to the ship. They will most likely hold it for you and return it at the end of the cruise.

we had 2290 and 2288 was our DD's and her DH's. It was perfect, no noise, close to the elevators too! We had our balcony divider opened for a double experience! Would love this location, anytime. :confused::confused::confused:

Hi Mach,

I read this in another post, so do cove balcony dividers open or not:eek:! But have also read several posts that say they do not open. Can you help?

Thank you:o!

we had 2290 and 2288 was our DD's and her DH's. It was perfect, no noise, close to the elevators too! We had our balcony divider opened for a double experience! Would love this location, anytime. :confused::confused::confused:

Hi Mach,

I read this in another post, so do cove balcony dividers open or not:eek:! But have also read several posts that say they do not open. Can you help?

Thank you:o!

My balcony partition did not open is it was the weather door. In order to open it we would have been locked in the cabin!

Dream066.jpg

I have looked at the description of every cove cabin and the indication is that none of them have partitions that open. There are, however, many coves that connect to adjoining cabins.

Thanks, Mach; maybe the poster meant her cabins were adjoining so they had access to both balconies:confused:? I was hoping they would open, but did not understand how it was possible.

Doesn't really matter, we are still going to have a wonderful time:D! Can't wait until October!!!

Thanks, Mach; maybe the poster meant her cabins were adjoining so they had access to both balconies:confused:? I was hoping they would open, but did not understand how it was possible.

Doesn't really matter, we are still going to have a wonderful time:D! Can't wait until October!!!

You will love the Cove! I haven't read a single negative comment about them and that alone is AMAZING!!

Mach,

What are the chances of Cruise Critic starting a cruise raffle. I usually donate a $1 or $2 every couple of weeks to the lottery anyways. If CC had a weekly drawing for a free cruise (Suite for two) I would easily donate a couple of bucks a week. With half a million members CC could make a killing and my odds would be way better than powerball.:D

Mach,

What are the chances of Cruise Critic starting a cruise raffle. I usually donate a $1 or $2 every couple of weeks to the lottery anyways. If CC had a weekly drawing for a free cruise (Suite for two) I would easily donate a couple of bucks a week. With half a million members CC could make a killing and my odds would be way better than powerball.:D

They kinda do but it's on the ships.

I KNOW they won't do anything any other way because of the complications of taxes...

Archived