Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

Can you explain the kind of do on the ships?

They have a raffle kind of thingy... they sell tickets for X number of dollars for a cruise. There's also some kind of bingo thing that includes a chance for a free cruise.

Lastly, if you fill out a comment card there's a weekly drawing for a free cruise...

:)

Was on the Sensation last week and we had 3 in the cabin with an upper. Is there a way to find out which cabins have the upper pulling down over the head of the beds? Ours pulled down over the foot of the (pushed together) bed and was quite difficult to get in and out.

I posted this and got 50 views and no answers - then I sent to my PVP and she never answered....got any ideas?

Thanks!

D

Was on the Sensation last week and we had 3 in the cabin with an upper. Is there a way to find out which cabins have the upper pulling down over the head of the beds? Ours pulled down over the foot of the (pushed together) bed and was quite difficult to get in and out.

I posted this and got 50 views and no answers - then I sent to my PVP and she never answered....got any ideas?

Thanks!

D

To tell you the truth I don't have a good answer for you.

I'll ask about and see if anyone can provide any insight...

Mach,

for lack of a better place to ask this question (sorry it might not be the proper place)

On John's Blog why do my questions/comments never get posted but instead endlessly say.....your comment is awaiting moderation. I have several going back a month that never get posted or answered because they are "awaiting moderation". I registered my email, subscribed to everyday posts thinking that was the key and have thousands of emails announcing everyone's posts but mine is still awaiting moderation. Is there some sort of secret society I need to join to get out of moderation limbo?

Mach,

for lack of a better place to ask this question (sorry it might not be the proper place)

On John's Blog why do my questions/comments never get posted but instead endlessly say.....your comment is awaiting moderation. I have several going back a month that never get posted or answered because they are "awaiting moderation". I registered my email, subscribed to everyday posts thinking that was the key and have thousands of emails announcing everyone's posts but mine is still awaiting moderation. Is there some sort of secret society I need to join to get out of moderation limbo?

No secret society at all... Like many blogs, John's blog gets some rather over the top, hateful messages and moderation is the best way to save us all from vulgar post, vitriol, etc.

If you add a comment and start it with 'John, Please reply' or something of that sort that indicates that you would like a reply that comment is not published until John gets an opportunity to respond. Currently, John is three weeks to a month behind answering so I suspect that's where your questions are hiding...

Mach,

John does answer the question it is marked please reply.

It is taking John about 3 weeks to reply in the blog.

Thanks, I put please respond on it this time. Other people's comments and questions get posted but not mine. Even people who posted today are showing up. My Feb comment is still awaiting moderation so who knows. It was a safety concern on the Dream I just got off and I thought John would be the best to address it. My safety won't be compromised until I step on another ship in Sept, so I can wait until then I guess, but I was thinking that maybe others might benefit.

Thanks, I put please respond on it this time. Other people's comments and questions get posted but not mine. Even people who posted today are showing up. My Feb comment is still awaiting moderation so who knows. It was a safety concern on the Dream I just got off and I thought John would be the best to address it. My safety won't be compromised until I step on another ship in Sept, so I can wait until then I guess, but I was thinking that maybe others might benefit.

Okay...I'll bite. what's the safety concern?

Mach,

Would you please see if you can get clarification whether Carnival is now banning/confiscating personal grooming items such as curling irons? I read this on another thread, and honestly if it's true I will have to give some serious thought to how I want to spend my vacation $$$.

The report that Carnival is doing this is very disturbing to me...the whole banned items thing seems ill-thought-out and somewhat irrational. Has there been a rash of fires from women doing their hair? If true, this ban is probably the one thing that would make me cancel my scheduled cruises and either go with a line that will let me do my hair, or take a land vacation. :(

Thanks for your help!

Mach,

Would you please see if you can get clarification whether Carnival is now banning/confiscating personal grooming items such as curling irons? I read this on another thread, and honestly if it's true I will have to give some serious thought to how I want to spend my vacation $$$.

The report that Carnival is doing this is very disturbing to me...the whole banned items thing seems ill-thought-out and somewhat irrational. Has there been a rash of fires from women doing their hair? If true, this ban is probably the one thing that would make me cancel my scheduled cruises and either go with a line that will let me do my hair, or take a land vacation. :(

Thanks for your help!

I've read other reports that other Carnival brands are confiscating curling irons.

Mach,

Thanks for your help!

There's no prohibition on curling irons or, for that matter, clothes steamers.

I have no idea who prepares these lists. The restrictions come down hill and they are enforced, end of story.

We are still awaiting the 'complete' list of prohibited items to be released, perhaps tomorrow.

I'm sure that Carnival will lose some passengers because of this and it really is a shame. However, I've heard that other lines are considering the same kinds of restrictions...

There's no prohibition on curling irons or, for that matter, clothes steamers.

I have no idea who prepares these lists. The restrictions come down hill and they are enforced, end of story.

We are still awaiting the 'complete' list of prohibited items to be released, perhaps tomorrow.

I'm sure that Carnival will lose some passengers because of this and it really is a shame. However, I've heard that other lines are considering the same kinds of restrictions...

Thanks for the info., Mach. I can live with most of the restrictions, but being able to do my hair is my "line in the sand" so to speak. If it actually comes to that point, it might be time for us to try a different kind of vacation for a while.:( There's just something about going to an elegant dinner without my hair done that's very unappealing to me!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info., Mach. I can live with most of the restrictions, but being able to do my hair is my "line in the sand" so to speak. If it actually comes to that point, it might be time for us to try a different kind of vacation for a while.:( There's just something about going to an elegant dinner without my hair done that's very unappealing to me!:rolleyes:

It will probably be like the liquor issue. Not enough money in revenue for liquor purchases - crack down on smuggling. Not enough money going to the $100.00 hair appointments - ban any type of do-it-yourself equipment to do your hair and force people to make hair appointment so the hairdresser can use the curling iron on your hair since you are no longer able to bring one on board.

Cindy... I'm sure you're not alone...

As far as I can tell there's no rhyme or reason behind what's being prohibited and by that I mean that clothes steamers draw a LOT of power... As an example:

http://www.amazon.com/Jiffy-0601-Travel-Fabric-Steamer/dp/B001CE73XU

If you scroll down to the specs you can see that it's a 600 watt appliance. Math tells me that it's drawing 5 amps of current. Compare that to this curling iron (the only one that I could find spec for...) that draws 85 watts...

http://www.folica.com/Hot_Tools_Profe_d1012.html

That's about 1.3 amps. Both should be WELL below the max current for the circuits in the cabins. I'd be stunned if the breakers in the cabins were rated for less than 10 amps.

I sure can't defend Carnival's position... all I can do is report on it...

Where can I find info on the wine packages. i.e. Must they be bought pre cruise or can you buy on board? What do they include --4 or 5 bottles? Can you select from their wine list or are they standard packages? I thought I had seen somewhere a variety of price levels -- Is that correct? Is there much of a savings over buying individual bottles in the dining room or at the bar. Are you allowed to take unfinished bottles out of the dining room? Can you take them to another venue or only to your cabin?

Once you are on board are you able to buy the 1 liter liquor bottles at the BV pricing anytime during the cruise? I've seen the BV liquor pricing but can't seem to find the wine pkg info. :confused:

Thank You in advance :)

Where can I find info on the wine packages. i.e. Must they be bought pre cruise or can you buy on board? What do they include --4 or 5 bottles? Can you select from their wine list or are they standard packages? I thought I had seen somewhere a variety of price levels -- Is that correct? Is there much of a savings over buying individual bottles in the dining room or at the bar. Are you allowed to take unfinished bottles out of the dining room? Can you take them to another venue or only to your cabin?

Once you are on board are you able to buy the 1 liter liquor bottles at the BV pricing anytime during the cruise? I've seen the BV liquor pricing but can't seem to find the wine pkg info. :confused:

Thank You in advance :)

There are, I believe, five wine packages now. I saw the sign on the Conquest just a few weeks ago detailing what is in each package. Certainly, you can sign up on board.

You're free to take any unfinished with with you from the dining room or even drink it in your cabin or wander the decks with a glass.

You can purchase 'bar set ups' through Guest Services but there is no price list available that I've been able to put my hands on, try as I might. It appears that the prices are the same as through Bon Voyage, however...

Thank you Host Mach. I just booked the BC 4 for my first cruise so I'm excited and full of questions. I have been all over these boards trying to educate myself. These boards have been a very useful tool as this is where I discovered the 1a single supplement feature. That's why I booked so early I snagged 1212 on the Glory (pt at 1a pricing). :) so I have been looking for someone with personal experience with this cabin to confirm the cabin configuration not that it matters as I am solo, just curious. I've seen so many posts saying they have received conflicting and erroneous reports from PVP's & TA's as a lot of Carnivals office info is incorrect (easily understood as with any large organization). I've seen pics and posts of similar cabins on other Conquest class ships, but I understand they might not all have the same beds. Hopefully someone who knows firsthand will confirm 1 bed 1 sofa.

I thought I had read that someone was able to purchase liquor from room service at BV pricing. They said it was allowed, but not promoted (for obvious reasons $$ :D). I understand this could change before next Feb., but will keep an ear to the ground so to speak.

Thanks again to you and all who take the time to share information. It helps make the wait tolerable. :)

Mach,

Thanks for your help!

Hi Cindy! I have an auto shut-off curling iron that has never been a problem on a cruise. And while I'm not about to cancel my cruises (we have three Carnival cruises booked), I sure as heck won't be buying any photos if my curling iron goes away!:eek: I haven't set foot in the spa/beauty parlor on a cruise yet and I'm not about to start.

My husband & I are sailing for the second time on the Legend on September 5, 2010 and this will be our Platinum cruise :p. When we were on her last August, we had the most wonderful server named Freddie. We also had a private table. Usually on the first day we go to the Matre D and request private seating, however, the last cruise we took, on the Valor, the Matre D didn't even look and just said no. So....what we were wondering is if we could possibly put a request in through you for private seating now and if Freddie is still one of the servers, we would LOVE to have him again.

We met so many great people on the Legend last August and cannot wait to be on her in September. Every cruise we go on, we seem to see people that we have met on other ships and what a compliment when they remember your name.

Not sure what information you need from me, but I would prefer not to put the personal stuff on here. I can email it to you, just let me know.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide,

Michele

My husband & I are sailing for the second time on the Legend on September 5, 2010 and this will be our Platinum cruise :p. When we were on her last August, we had the most wonderful server named Freddie. We also had a private table. Usually on the first day we go to the Matre D and request private seating, however, the last cruise we took, on the Valor, the Matre D didn't even look and just said no. So....what we were wondering is if we could possibly put a request in through you for private seating now and if Freddie is still one of the servers, we would LOVE to have him again.

We met so many great people on the Legend last August and cannot wait to be on her in September. Every cruise we go on, we seem to see people that we have met on other ships and what a compliment when they remember your name.

Not sure what information you need from me, but I would prefer not to put the personal stuff on here. I can email it to you, just let me know.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide,

Michele

Glad to hear you had such a great time and a wonderful server on your cruise. Typically, a staff member contract lasts six to eight months and, if the person comes back, they're often assigned to a different vessel. The more senior folks have some control over where they go but not the newer folks. Most likely, Freddy is on another ship.

Regarding the table for two, I'd suggest that you change your dining type to Your Time Dining. YTD was really designed for folks interested in a table for two. If you like your server you can request him/her for the rest of the voyage.

Hope this helps.

Host Mach= Sorry to have asked questions already answered.

I thought I'd been "all over these boards" but I was mistaken as I now see you have answered my wine/liquor questions several times earlier on this thread. Sorry to have wasted your time. No need to reply= I''ll do a lot more research in the future. :o:o I've answered questions I didn't know I had doing the digging. :)

Host Mach= Sorry to have asked questions already answered.

I thought I'd been "all over these boards" but I was mistaken as I now see you have answered my wine/liquor questions several times earlier on this thread. Sorry to have wasted your time. No need to reply= I''ll do a lot more research in the future. :o:o I've answered questions I didn't know I had doing the digging. :)

Never be afraid to ask a question... pretty much every question has been asked at least a dozen times!!

I'm glad that you searched!!

Archived