Bishop Museum vs Mission Houses Museum

gram4haley

I went to the Mission Houses museum a couple of weeks ago. I took a tour which lasted over an hour, and would have looked around the displays and gift shop for another 15 or 20 minutes if the site wasn't closing. It was interesting to me, but I really like history. The museum buildings are within walking distance of the Iolani Palace and other important sites.

The Bishop Museum sounds as if it has many exhibits that cover a wider time frame, so I would have loved to have gone there if I'd had the time (it's a little ways out of town).

Here is a good link to read reviews on both.

For Mission Houses

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60982-d117382-Reviews-Mission_Houses_Museum-Honolulu_Oahu_Hawaii.html

For Bishop Museum

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60982-d131986-Reviews-Bishop_Museum-Honolulu_Oahu_Hawaii.html

Bishop is rated #81 out of 206 attractions and Mission is #25

I'm surprised that there are only two reviews on the Mission Houses. If I write one the ranking may go up past #25! I would still have gone to the Bishop Museum if I'd had the time, since I almost always find something that interests me in any type of museum or historic/archaeological site.

Good suggestion, LJH1. The reviews convinced me that the Mission Houses would be the best choice for us.

Thanks.

No problem. I use Tripadviseor.com more than I use CC for all my info. This co. is the sister company to CC. There is also chat forums there as well for all states,places of interest, restaurants hotels etc.

Archived