Recent Pearl Passengers, some questions please

awg1747

I am getting ready to sail on the Pearl and have some last minute questions.

1) NFL. What can we expect as far as NFL coverage on the ship. Do they show some games on the big screen or are there bars that show the games? What is the best family oriented place to watch the games? Do they have ESPN international or Fox sports in spanish?

2) What is the actual price per day for the Pepsi package for kids?

3) What is their actual policy regarding kids charges on the specialty restaurants? I have read different opinions from different cruises, so I am hoping some recent cruisers can chip in.

4) Lastly, wheelchair friendly shore excursions in Samana, Tortola, St. Thomas or GSC? I´ve asked this before but maybe someone else can chip in.

5) Dress code for MDR´s and specialty restaurants. What is expected and what are they actually enforcing?

Thanks.

I am getting ready to sail on the Pearl and have some last minute questions.

1) NFL. What can we expect as far as NFL coverage on the ship. Do they show some games on the big screen or are there bars that show the games? What is the best family oriented place to watch the games? Do they have ESPN international or Fox sports in spanish?

3) What is their actual policy regarding kids charges on the specialty restaurants? I have read different opinions from different cruises, so I am hoping some recent cruisers can chip in.

4) Lastly, wheelchair friendly shore excursions in Samana, Tortola, St. Thomas or GSC? I´ve asked this before but maybe someone else can chip in.

5) Dress code for MDR´s and specialty restaurants. What is expected and what are they actually enforcing?

Thanks.

I can't answer all of your questions but can some:

They frequently had sports on in the Atrium on Deck 5 on a big screen.

As far as wheelchair friendly shore excursions I would imagine your best best would be a "best of" type tour that is wheelchair accessable. There is alot of walking at both Samana and Tortola if you are just walking around the port.

Dress code was kind of uneven. I saw them let people into the main dining room in shorts in the evening and then saw them turn another guy away for wearing jeans. Odd. I wore black jeans in the dining room a few nights without issue.

In the specialty restaurants, the official policy is that kids pay half price (I'm not sure of the age limit). However, we took our 3 year old to Teppanyaki and they didn't charge for her at all.

Officially the dress code for dinner is casual, but no shorts, except for Summer Palace and Cagney's, where no jeans are allowed. In practice, this dress code was completely unenforced on our cruise at the end of October.

i am getting ready to sail on the pearl and have some last minute questions.

1) nfl. What can we expect as far as nfl coverage on the ship. Do they show some games on the big screen or are there bars that show the games? What is the best family oriented place to watch the games? Do they have espn international or fox sports in spanish? yes we just got off and sports were big on the jumbo screen and in bars.

2) what is the actual price per day for the pepsi package for kids?

3) what is their actual policy regarding kids charges on the specialty restaurants? I have read different opinions from different cruises, so i am hoping some recent cruisers can chip in. Not sure the cut off on age but 1/2 price it may even be 3 under

4) lastly, wheelchair friendly shore excursions in samana, tortola, st. Thomas or gsc? I´ve asked this before but maybe someone else can chip in.

5) dress code for mdr´s and specialty restaurants. What is expected and what are they actually enforcing? i saw very little enforcement of dress code, mainly freestyle.

Thanks.

But is having kids really worth half price? ;)

Just got home-your kids are great! See ya in Alaska! ;)

-Mongo

Hey buddy...glad you & Barb made it home safe, hope the Key West was fun!

Kelsey said to tell her buddy, Mongo she said hello! LOL;)

Depends on the age of the kid.

13 and older - $6.25/day

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $6.25 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity and applicable taxes

Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

6 months-12 years old - $4.00/day

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $4.00 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity and applicable taxes

Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

The Atrium big screen is Deck 7/8. They had games on Sunday afternoon, Sunday night and Monday night for NFL. They also had college basketball (some games) and some soccer in the bars.

I'm not sure about the other ports, but I did see some great "beach" wheelchairs at Great Stirrup Cay!!

Archived