Hotels prices high for Jan 22 2010 in Miami ??

thesawch

I was wondering is it better to wait for awhile to book a hotel in downtown Miami precruise for the night of Jan 22 2010. I am just wondering if the longer you wait the better the price.I want a 4 star plus for that night.I maybe take corral Gables also??? The 4 stars are pretty high still.Should i wait till after xmas to book or is something big going on in Miami that weekend??? Thanks

Book now. And then after you book keep watching the prices. If they go down then call to get the better rate. I booked a nice hotel nine months ago and since that time have watched the prices and they adjusted down multiple times and each time I got the lower price. But, then they started to go up and since I had booked my price was locked in.

Keith

I was wondering is it better to wait for awhile to book a hotel in downtown Miami precruise for the night of Jan 22 2010. I am just wondering if the longer you wait the better the price.I want a 4 star plus for that night.I maybe take corral Gables also??? The 4 stars are pretty high still.Should i wait till after xmas to book or is something big going on in Miami that weekend??? Thanks

Book something you are comfortable with now and then start price shopping. At this point, prices will only climb because inventory is low.

FWIW, yes, Coral Gables is beautiful.

I was looking at booking through priceline or hotwire.Will the prices fall yey on hotline do you figure from now to mid january.I am not sure if there is any big event on the weekend of jan 22 2010. Thanks

I was looking at booking through priceline or hotwire.Will the prices fall yey on hotline do you figure from now to mid january.I am not sure if there is any big event on the weekend of jan 22 2010. Thanks

Read the sticky at the top of this forum entitled "Important South Florida Dates" and no, I don't think the prices will drop. It is PEAK season.

Read the sticky at the top of this forum entitled "Important South Florida Dates" and no, I don't think the prices will drop. It is PEAK season.

I played the waiting game and watched my 1st choice of hotels run to no vacancies, my 2nd choice doubled in price. I finally booked my 3rd choice of hotels for the original cost of my 1st choice. I went from 4 stars to 2.5 stars for the same price.

Not only is it peak season, but reporters and support staff for the superbowl are showing up early.

I wouldn't wait. Just make sure you check out the cancellation policy. --Just in case the superbowl gets cancelled. :)

Grab something now and then start looking.I am not a sports fan,we booked a room for Fort Lauderdale 2 months ago thinking we were early,NOT, We were looking for 2 night JAN 21st to the 23rd.Could not get the hotels we wanted ,sold out already.Something to do with football.We were told then that Miami was short of decent rooms aswell.

We booked a room for FT. L. I used PL and afterwards thought I should have waited for a better "win." But... since winning the room at $155, the going rate for our date is now $250-300. I'm happy. And that's at Bahia Mar, a moderate 3* hotel.

Archived