Venice port questions???

clayb

Hello, I will also post this on the Royal Caribbean page.

This is my first visit to Europe, we're sailing Splendour of the Seas in April, 2010.

Questions:

1. RCI pier... Can we check in luggage w/ RCI early morning on Saturday?

If not, can we leave it with "left luggage?

3. Does RCI offer water shuttle from terminal to San Marcos on embarking &

disembarking? If so, can you get the tickets from both the terminal and San Marco ?

Thanks so much, we're starting to do our research and had these initial questions.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Clay

If RCI isn't able to check in your luggage, there are left luggage offices at the port in Venice. An e-mail to RCI should get you the information on the time their luggage office opens, usually hours prior to the beginning of the embarkation process.

If you need to use the left luggage office of the port, you can find information about it (including locations, there are several) here: http://www.vtp.it/pages/navi/crociera.jsp?nomeInfo=P&iconaInfo=ico-passeggeri&idm=Q3WY8Z7H8DZN9P8U7752DEI9E67U403N8K9V6027J1KF1816W68B49336AUO464J&prg=5

And here is the official port web site's map of the port: http://www.vtp.it/pages/comeRaggiungerci/comeRaggiungerci02.jsp

We just did the Splendour out of Venice in October.

Yes you can drop off your luggage at the pier and go sightsee.

RCI does not provide any water shuttles but simply go back to Piazzale Roma on the free shuttle and get a water bus (vaparetto) to San Marcos.

the only direct water shuttle from the maritime port to San Marco is the alilaguna M line. It is direct and non stop. See http://www.alilaguna.com However there is so much more to see and do be certain to visit areas other than San Marco. For example you could take the shuttle one way and the no 1 Vaporetto back The No 1 gives you a tour of the grand canal with a stop every few hundred yards . You can use it like a hop on hop off servoice. You can walk from San marco to Piazza Roma in about an hour. To save a little money you can buy a vaporetto pass for the required time and a Museum plus pass from http://www.veniceconnected.it You must have a good map. You cannot get by with out one.

the only direct water shuttle from the maritime port to San Marco is the alilaguna M line. It is direct and non stop. See http://www.alilaguna.com However there is so much more to see and do be certain to visit areas other than San Marco. For example you could take the shuttle one way and the no 1 Vaporetto back The No 1 gives you a tour of the grand canal with a stop every few hundred yards . You can use it like a hop on hop off servoice. You can walk from San marco to Piazza Roma in about an hour. To save a little money you can buy a vaporetto pass for the required time and a Museum plus pass from http://www.veniceconnected.it You must have a good map. You cannot get by with out one.

Hi, how long would the alilaguna or the vaporetto take from San Marco to the Pier (we are on the NCL GEM.). We are staying the night before the cruise at hotel Centauro (between Rialto bridge and San Marco) and I am wondering what time I need to leave to get to the cruise ship for a 5 pm sailing?

Also what is the best way from the airport to Venice?

Thanks Karen

Hi, how long would the alilaguna or the vaporetto take from San Marco to the Pier (we are on the NCL GEM.). We are staying the night before the cruise at hotel Centauro (between Rialto bridge and San Marco) and I am wondering what time I need to leave to get to the cruise ship for a 5 pm sailing?

Also what is the best way from the airport to Venice?

Thanks Karen

The alilaguna line does not run every few minutes. It has a schedule at 30 or 60 min intervals. Check their website for the exact timetable. Also your hotel will offer advice

If you go to your hotel's website you will see your 3 options from the airport.

Least expensive--bus to Piazzale Roma, Vaporetto no1 to Rialto. Short walk. However it is inconvenient and you will be unpopular if you have more than 1 suitcase.

2. Alilaguna Line from airport. 10 min walk to dock. 1 hour to st mark's Short walk to hotel. Schedule is on alilaguna website

3 water taxi. 100 euro which can be shared by up to 6 people. This is by far the quickest and most convenient way to go. It will drop you at the door to the hotel You will also enjoy a cruise of the Laguna on the way in. I highly recommend, given the overall cost of your trip, that you don't skimp at this stage. This is better value than a gondola ride or a fancy meal.

PS You must have a proper map.

Ah Venice! Enjoy! Wander and enjoy dinner at a small side-street restaurant far away from St. Mark's Square. We especially enjoyed Ristorante Gianni along the waterway in Zattere/Dorsoduro and some of the cafes in that same area. My first response when walking along the paths in Venice was, oh my, it is so quiet! There is no traffic, no horns blaring, a very peaceful place to live I think. I loved Venice and will go back.

Archived