more new years week on the pearl questions

becauseisaidso13

We have been on several NCL ships in the past, however never over New Years, so I of course have a million questions...There are 9 of us ranging in age from 11 to old(me)--okay 50!!!

here are some of my questions:

--will this sailing be any different since it is new years as far as logistics, or more complicated procedures?? any helpful hints are welcome.

--Is there a "better" place to eat on new years eve or a "strategy" for timing our new years eve schedule??

--what activities are planned?(or had been planned in past years)

--Will it be harder to make dinner reservations at the specialty restaurants during this week? Should we make them all right away as we board, just in case?? I can't remember if we can made them before we sailed in the past(why I cannot remember details like that is beyond me)

--Are there separate new years eve opportunities for the suite passengers?

--I have always been under the impression that the ship has been filled during the previous sailings, but then why have people referred to the new years week as the most crowded?

--We always try to sail on NCL because my men do not like to wear suits, but for New Year's Eve, I at least plan on having my pretty dress up clothes on, but my men are still protesting. Will a tie and dress shirt work or at least a sports coat on that night???? Will they let the guys in the dining room with a tie, but no jacket??

--Cagney's question: we have been in the courtyard rooms in the past and loved eating at cagneys during the daytime. Can the AB rooms still go to Cagney"s for breakfast and lunch??

--will there be a meal package(like the one people have been describing in previous posts) for the specialty restaurants during that week??

--does anyone know the costs of dining in the specialty restaurants (PP for adults/kids)? Once again, I never remember this stuff from other trips, plus the rules, prices etc change!!

thanks in advance for any advice, suggestions, comments etc.

just a few more weeks to go!!!

We have been on several NCL ships in the past, however never over New Years, so I of course have a million questions...There are 9 of us ranging in age from 11 to old(me)--okay 50!!!

here are some of my questions:

--will this sailing be any different since it is new years as far as logistics, or more complicated procedures?? any helpful hints are welcome.

Not really. They'll have a NYE party on deck 12, and a count-down....but we found it pretty anti-climactic.

--Is there a "better" place to eat on new years eve or a "strategy" for timing our new years eve schedule??

We ate at Le Bistro, because it's our favorite and we wanted to end the year on a positive note.

--what activities are planned?(or had been planned in past years)

As above... party on deck 12....i think it runs 10:30 - 12:30 or something.

--Will it be harder to make dinner reservations at the specialty restaurants during this week? Should we make them all right away as we board, just in case?? I can't remember if we can made them before we sailed in the past(why I cannot remember details like that is beyond me)

It shouldn't be any easier or harder. If you know when/where you want to go... then book it.... :)

--Are there separate new years eve opportunities for the suite passengers?

Nope, not that I'm aware of. Of course we weren't in a suite on that sailing.

--I have always been under the impression that the ship has been filled during the previous sailings, but then why have people referred to the new years week as the most crowded?

I've never heard that, but the reason it's more crowded is kids...so cabins which might hold 2 people during off-season, hold 4 on the holiday week. We found lots of teens on the ship that sailing, not so many little kids.

--We always try to sail on NCL because my men do not like to wear suits, but for New Year's Eve, I at least plan on having my pretty dress up clothes on, but my men are still protesting. Will a tie and dress shirt work or at least a sports coat on that night???? Will they let the guys in the dining room with a tie, but no jacket??

Not only that, but they'll let the guys into every restaurant on the ship EXCEPT ONE....in jeans. If they're in a shirt&tie...they'll be "dressed up". Jacket is not required. I don't remember what we wore, most likely a shirt & either nice jeans or dockers (as much as I protest against them....I wear them occasionally)....but there were definately people there in jeans.

--Cagney's question: we have been in the courtyard rooms in the past and loved eating at cagneys during the daytime. Can the AB rooms still go to Cagney"s for breakfast and lunch??

Yes

--will there be a meal package(like the one people have been describing in previous posts) for the specialty restaurants during that week??

Not sure. that was a pearl-specific thing....

--does anyone know the costs of dining in the specialty restaurants (PP for adults/kids)? Once again, I never remember this stuff from other trips, plus the rules, prices etc change!!

thanks in advance for any advice, suggestions, comments etc.

just a few more weeks to go!!!

Have fun. Now you've got me thinking about cancelling out of the party we were booked to attend, and seeing what sailing options are available! :(

Archived