Why did carnival do this to me

billfish

I am presently booked on the Freedom this January (Balcony 8D ) Just got the Up Sell Call offering a Suite for $460. Just got hit with some surprise bills togeather with the Holiday expenses I just don't know if we can swing the cost.

Has anyone ever made a counter offer. I know I can come up with $300

Any ADVICE????

I am presently booked on the Freedom this January (Balcony 8D ) Just got the Up Sell Call offering a Suite for $460. Just got hit with some surprise bills togeather with the Holiday expenses I just don't know if we can swing the cost.

Any ADVICE????

It can't hurt to try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Any ADVICE????

I think if I had to "come up with the money" I would stay where I am at, you do have a balcony, save your money. We were in a suite, we go an upsell call and paid $200 total, and I did not see what the big deal was. I am just as happy as long as I have a balcony, do not want to spend that much time in a room.

Any ADVICE????

Use the $300 to have an awesome time on and off the ship. :)

Any ADVICE????

Two options ...

1. Counter at $230 and make $300 your ceiling. Anything over $300 for the upgrade and you'll stay where you are, thanks for the consideration.

2. Do nothing. Spend the $300 on the unexpected bills to clear up extra money for on-board fun.

Either way, have a great time.

Any ADVICE????

No advice from me...just wanted to say:

37 more days...37 more days...37 more days...37 more days...

:D

Sea you soon, suite or no!

Good luck!

Thanks for the advise Just did a little research and presently there are a bunch of Suites avaiable at $180pp over what I paid for my balcony My thought is to call back and offer the $230 and see what happens.

At any rate we are ready to Rock the Canal with some GREAT FRIENDS

Any ADVICE????

1. Exactly what kind of suite?

2. Its a vacation, if the xtra money puts you in a pinch, PASS and enjoy what you have.

3. If you want to do it and can come up with $300., DON"T make that your counter offer, go lower so you have wiggle room if they counter back.

You can make a counter. We did exactly that. They called and offered the up sell at $500. Told them we would go $300 and they said they could not do that. Got a call a couple weeks later and offered the cabin for $300. :D

For us it was worth $300 but not more. Figured if they did not take it we would go in our booked cabin and have a good time. The Cat11 was just a bonus.

1. Exactly what kind of suite?

2. Its a vacation, if the xtra money puts you in a pinch, PASS and enjoy what you have.

3. If you want to do it and can come up with $300., DON"T make that your counter offer, go lower so you have wiggle room if they counter back.

The Suite is category OS Suite #7322 Anyone been in one of these ??

Are there any other Perks that come with a Suite????

VIP boarding...which, considering how easy it is to board anyway... is not exactly something that I would consider a $300 benefit.

If it were me.. I'd stay in the 8d. Thats what we had on the Freedom. Suited us just fine!

BTW..Love the Cape, too. Have a place within walking distance of Hyannis Marina...

Any ADVICE????

Bill

Greetings from one of the Miracle Waiters.

I had an inside (porthole cabin) in October for Triumph and got an upsell call for $ 250 pp for an aft wrap. Tried and tried to get them to bargain but the lady would have no part of it. We took it and great cabin.

If you really want it nothing to lose but for two people is it necessary to have a suite? Not in my opinion but I would rather use the money on the cruise. However your money so you get to decide.

Stu

I read a post here awhile back by a lady who'd been offered an upsell for $500. She said she'd pay half of that and the pvp said NO. She called him back a few times repeating her offer - and he would again say NO. After the third time - he accepted her offer. Go ahead and try bartering - nothing ventured, nothing gained! Good luck!!!

The Suite is category OS Suite #7322 Anyone been in one of these ??

Are there any other Perks that come with a Suite????

We stayed in 7315 and loved the room. But it will spoil you. We countered and Carnival responded by upgrading our daughter from an interior to a balcony.

Stu, Are you a waiter on the Miracle? We will be onboard in 4 weeks. Woo Hoo. Just 28 days until we will be getting on that beautiful ship.:)

The " Miracle Waiters " was the name of our group on our cruise last January , You will love the ship Hope you like the Grapes in the Dining Room

Enjoy

Whats going on with the STEELERS/// and no I don't want to talk about the Patriots

The " Miracle Waiters " was the name of our group on our cruise last January , You will love the ship Hope you like the Grapes in the Dining Room

Enjoy

Whats going on with the STEELERS/// and no I don't want to talk about the Patriots

Oh, I see. Didn't know of he group. We have been on the Miracle once. The grapes didn't bother us. They are a little out there though.

In my opinion, the Steelers made a mistake in letting Bryant McFadden go to Tennessee. He is a much better player than William Gay. On top of that, our best D lineman, Aaron Smith, is out for the year and the best D player in the NFL, in my opinion, Troy Polamalu has missed 8 games. I alson think that there must be some problems in the locker room. Hines Ward has never talked about a player like he did Ben before. There be some trouble in River City.:( They might not win another game this year. And if they play the way they did last night, they won't.:o

Archived