A Different Question About Tipping....Please not the same

Hi guys,

I am booked on Mariner of the Seas for February. My final payment has been made, zip line plans in place, rum runner ordered(ok j/k:D), skinny jean washed and ironed, new gown purchased, and the rest. I am fixing my budget and realize this late in the game I have read very little about required tip except on the forum:confused: I am assume (shouldn't have to) it's different from Princess and Carnival. On Carnival I realized the tip for kids was the same as adult when I got the statement:eek:. It was our first time taking the kids.

So what point in the booking process were you are told, reminded, instructed about this oh so important responsibility. I have never seen it in the booking process. While I am not new to cruising I do change vacation style and line often. I really do enjoy different decks;)

Please read what I am asking...thank you:D

RCCL does not do it during the booking process except to ask if you want to Prepay your tips? Except if you do MTD, then you MUST prepay and that is added on automatically if you choose the MTD option.

Otherwise, all tipping stuff will be done on board. They do send you a form in the cabin about 1/2 way through the cruise to see if you want them added to your seapass account. If not, then they mention it again at the end of the cruise.

All of the "tipping" requirements (suggestions!) are in the cruise brochure, and re-iterated in your "docs"...plus, on the last evening, when they leave the tip envelopes in your cabin, they will tell you how much per person, per night you should be leaving, if you haven't already added the tips to your account, or pre-paid.

It works out to $9.75 pp per night (yes, kids too!)...for JS's and below.

All of the "tipping" requirements (suggestions!) are in the cruise brochure, and re-iterated in your "docs"...plus, on the last evening, when they leave the tip envelopes in your cabin, they will tell you how much per person, per night you should be leaving, if you haven't already added the tips to your account, or pre-paid.

It works out to $9.75 pp per night (yes, kids too!)...for JS's and below.

Please be patient because my new crusing friend is reading this.

When do you get those? I actaully read the passenger contract from my last cruise, without a mention.

Yeah, that is .75 cheaper than Princess. I am going to be rich:D

you get the forms for tipping in your stateroom on like day 4 or 5. But, they remind you about tipping earlier. It says in the the docs too about how much to tip each person per day and you get that about 5 weeks before your cruise. Kids are the same. They make just as much of a mess if not more so they should tip the same.

Please be patient because my new crusing friend is reading this.

When do you get those? I actaully read the passenger contract from my last cruise, without a mention.

Yeah, that is .75 cheaper than Princess. I am going to be rich:D

Go to the website, click on Contact Us then FAQs and then under Onboard Extras it is spelt out about tipping:

So that you can thank those who have made your cruise holiday better than you could have imagined, we've developed these guidelines for tipping:

Suite attendant:USD 5.75a day per guestStateroom attendant:USD 3.50a day per guestDining Room Waiter:USD 3.50a day per guestAssistant Waiter:USD 2.00a day per guestHead Waiter:USD 0.75a day per guestNote: These tips apply to guests of all ages.

Tips for other service personnel are at your discretion. A 15% tip will automatically be added to your bar or wine bill when you are served.

Envelopes for tips will be provided in your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Tips may be paid in the following ways:

con_bulletgray_ico.gifPre-paid, by having them added to your reservation by your reservation agent.con_bulletgray_ico.gifAdded to your onboard SeaPass account.con_bulletgray_ico.gifPaid in cash at the end of the cruise

It is $9.75pppd. Don't just add up the totals above- you either pay the Suite attendant rate or the Stateroom attendant rate - not both!

On both of my bookings I was informed of pre-paid gratuity the moment I starting reserving.

I'm pretty careful about reading everything as I go. It's so easy to miss something when I just start clicking "next next next yeah yeah yeah words words next next blah blah".

If you don't pre-pay your tips, you'll see the info in your cruise docs, which you'll get in january (unless you did edocs).

Don't worry so much about it. You'll be VERY well informed while onboard about tipping. In fact, when you come into your room on the last night (after turn down service) the TV will have been turned on and tuned to the channel that explains all about how to depart and there's a huge part of the video that explains how to tip. The envelopes will be in your room. It's easiest to count it out before you go and just put that money somewhere separate, so you're not scrambling for singles on the last night. The tipping guidelines were mentioned above.

OR you can pre-pay your tips right now, on your credit card, and not worry about it.

If you decide you want your tips to be added to the seapass account (while on the ship), we found that we could not do that the last day. By that time point it had to be cash.

The last few times we prepaid the tips and have found it was the easiest way for us ... they gave us slips to put in the envelopes. A few people got some extra cash also.

Enjoy your cruise. Jan

There is a form to add tips to your account onboard and it usually needs to be in one day before the last night.

Generally tipping information is in the supplemental reading. It is not in the contract as tips are not mandatory (though obviously encouraged).

Archived