Tour Samana with Terry?

spammers

How was Terry's tour? I have been tossing his excursion around but don't know what to do. From other posts it sounds like a wonderful time. Did you think it was worth the money and did you have a great time? What did you get to do? I would like to see waterfalls, some beaches and do some shopping if that is possible on his tours. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you and your family had a awesome cruise!

We decided to go with a ship's excursion to Caya Levantado since this is our first time to Samana and we are tendered. All of my communication with Terry was excellent and I felt bad that we would not be joining one of his "associates" because I think the tour/day would be excellent.(Terry was going to be out of the country during our stop in October). there were several factors that attributed to this. Mainly, we didn't know if we wanted to be gone the "whole" day and there were several things that we could do that were just too hard on my husband's previously-broken back, i.e. horseback down a rocky trail to a waterfall). When I told Terry that we wouldn't be using him, he was only a gentleman and asked if there was anything else he could do for us so we could enjoy our time in Samana. On future trips to Samana, I fully plan to contact Terry again and do one of his tours. I have only heard wonderful things. If you can get him, I would go for it.

Hi Mel the Great,

I assume you are on the Pearl sailing on Oct. 10. Please join our roll call. I know there are some people who have booked with Catherine. I was in the same boat as you as we had three people and I wasn't interested in footing the cost of the excursion. Didn't attempt to find anyone else as I wanted it taken care of sooner than later.

Since I didn't take Terri up on his excursion, I am would assume that he still has someone available to do his tour. Remember, he is going to be gone so one of his associates would fill in. I know he offered for our family of three to join another family but again, we didn't do the trip because it would be too hard on my husband's back.

Hi everyone! I am sailing on the Norwegian Pearl and stopping in Samana on 11-30-09. (FYI: I am on roll call for our cruise already and also posted this info there) My husband and I have booked an excursion with Terry Bandi for the entire day. We are being picked up at the port, stopping at some fantastic places on our way to El Limon waterfalls, riding in on horseback, having lunch at Terry's restaurant, then going to a secluded beach called Playa Moron. Drinks are provided along the whole trip. We have 4 spots open if anyone is interested in joining us. The cost is $75 per person. It seems a bit steep...but I have heard some bad things about staying close to port, so I figure it is worth the money to see some amazing sights! If anyone is interested let me know.

Hi is the ATV tour really bumpy? My cruise will be 2.5 weeks after back surgery. Most likely I won't be able to book that but it sounds like a lot of fun.

It is a great tour but I don't think you will enjoy it much 2.5 weeks after back surgery. I hope you find something that you can really enjoy!

Got back yesterday. The tour in Samana was great. Terry set us up with Elisio. had a great time. Went to 2 waterfalls and a beach. Had lunch at Terry's resturant, did some touring of the town and shopping.

Did you see El Limon and horseback rode there? How may people were in your group and how much did you pay? Thanks!

We had a tour booked with NCL Pearl for the 16th in Samana to do the El Limon Waterfalls by horseback--got an email on Friday saying that they were cancelling the excursion. I was just about to contact Terry to see what he had and how much he charges. We have a group of 4!

We are booking an excursion to Caya Levantado on the Norweign Pearl. I like to to if they have beach chairs you can rent on the beach.

Just did this excursion on the Pearl and loved Caya Levantado. Plan to go back there for a land based vacation and stay at Gran Principe. With the NCL excursion, you will use the left side of the island and a white beach chaise is included.

Hi, My DH and I are looking for something to do while in Samana on the NCL Pearl 11/2 from 10-6.

Has anyone been to one of the all-inclusive resorts around Samana? NCL has the Deluxe Day At Bahia Principe Hotel $95 PP for five hours and the Retreat to Grand Paradise Resort $99 PP for six hours. Are these worth it? Can you go to either on your own? Are there any other fairly close all-inclusive resorts that you can do on your own that might be less expensive?

Also, does anyone know if there are any fun, party catamaran excursions offering alcoholic drinks/beach visit in Samana?

Thanks for your help!

El Limon sounds good.

How much time does it take to get to the waterfall from the dock of the ship?

Does Terry pick you up right from the port?

Paulinka~you're on the Nov. 14th Pearl cruise...we are getting a group together for the El Limon waterfalls horseback riding tour. I don't know how long it takes from the ship to the falls, but the original NCL excursion was 4 1/2 hours altogether. We have to get a cab to Terry's restaurant...he does not pick up at the port. We would love to know if anyone has done that, and how much it might cost per person for the cab. :confused: And do you arrange for the cab to pick you up later?

Hey everybody,

Just got off the NCL Pearl Oct. 17th cruise that stopped in Samana. We booked with Terry about a week in advance for the Horseback ride to El Limon waterfall and it was the highlight of our trip.

Terry was not there but we were shown around by Elisa who was a very nice girl (26ish) from Canada.

Terry's restaurant is about a mile from the port. It's a three minute ride and there were 10 of us on the tour. We got a van to take us over there for $28, though in retrospect we could have walked if we knew where we were going.

Elisa and one other local guy named Lovitsky (or something like that) were excellent. All of us fit into a big van. We went directly to the horseback riding location. Beer/water in the van. From what we understood it is a small operation owned by a family with some local helpers who work for tips. We were each assigned a horse and a horse guide who walked with us. My guy was excellent but didn't speak much English. It was about a 20 minute horseback ride up and down a steep mountain to the waterfall. The waterfall itself was excellent because it was so unspoiled. You got to swim in a natural coolwater pool on a hot day. When we got there there were 50+ people from our boat who had taken the walking tour through NCL but they left after about 15 minutes and we had the whole waterfall to ourselves for about 30 minutes. The guides all swam and dove off the walls and had a great time. Took the horses back to the van. My horse-walker guy carried my bag most of the way there and back and I tipped him $20. He was very very happy. I think most people tipped their people $10-$12.

When we got back to the van the lady who runs the horses had made us a homemade lunch with some of the best beef I had ever eaten. We had a nice communal lunch (reminded me of a reward meal on survivor).

Got back in the van and went to the coral church, Terry's property, and got a general tour of the area.

For $65 (plus tips) it was a steal in my opinion. I would highly recommend booking with Terry for this tour when possible because you will see things that the tour through the cruse ship just won't see.

If you have any questions about the tour let me know... (or just email Terry, he was very good at getting back to me).

Archived