Tour Samana with Terry?

spammers

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from our 12/5 Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Pearl. Booked the El Limon waterfall on horseback with Terry. This is one of the best experiences we have had on a cruise excursion. Others here have described the tour and Terry's exceptional personal service. I'm glad we listened and booked with Terry. You will not be disappointed.:)

Just returned from our 12/5 Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Pearl. Booked the El Limon waterfall on horseback with Terry. This is one of the best experiences we have had on a cruise excursion. Others here have described the tour and Terry's exceptional personal service. I'm glad we listened and booked with Terry. You will not be disappointed.:)

How much did you pay per person? How many were in your group?

Thanks

Lori

We just returned from our cruise on the NCL Dawn. While NCL doesn't offer a shore excurision for certified divers, we found a great small operator that really gave us a great dive experience. Although the weather wasn't the best, he had a couple of great sites and was reasonable with the cost of the two dives. Manfred Kellermann is from Germany and speaks pretty good english and spanish, so you'll feel comfortable having him communicate with the locals. In fact, his captain was a local and we had a great experience. Manfred's email is: kawaballerer@yahoo.de and don't expect a quick answer as he's a busy guy. But, he will meet you at the pier where the tender drops you off and get you back to that pier after the dives. Be sure to tell him that DEAN referred you since, he doesn't do any advertising.

We are thinking of going on a tour with Terry in Samana and one of the stops is a waterfall. I guess it is the same one he takes everyone to see but I am scared that the approach to it might be too dangerous for me after having 2 knee surgeriesyears ago. He mentioned a 10 minute "hike" to get there... is that very difficult up or down hill? Is there someplace else to just wait nearby the falls without doing the climbing or wading? Thanks!

Hi,

We are on the Dawn who sails on March 12, 2010. I am trying to find other people on our cruise who are interested in sharing the cost with us. Good luck if you try this trip. Sounds terrific and hopefully, not too dangerous for me!

jerseyjill

We had the worst time. luckily i brought food with us. The buffet looked like it would have never passed a health dept inspection here in the states. There absolutely wasn't anything I would eat.

We have done many cruises and gone to many islands.Samana was the poorest country and my least favorite. The idea of an all inclusive sounded wonderful. However the beach wasn't great. They didnt have a lot of beach toys. The kids went on the ocean kayak but the operator came up and asked for money and I had to fight with him to tell him it was all inclusive. I would never, ever go back there again. Check out trip advisor and see what they say about the resort. I would rather stay on the ship. In fact I was disappointed that our March cruise stops there. I may try the cayo levantado trip. Does anyone have any feedback on that?

We had the worst time. luckily i brought food with us. The buffet looked like it would have never passed a health dept inspection here in the states. There absolutely wasn't anything I would eat.

Check out trip advisor and see what they say about the resort. I would rather stay on the ship. I

What buffet at what resort? Would like to know what tour or place you were at so others might avoid the same situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jackie,

The trail to the waterfall is not that bad of a walk as long as it is dry. When we were there, it had rained earlier in the day and the trail was muddy and slippery so our guide, who was a grown woman, helped my wife in three places along the way. Our guide seemed disappointed when we gave her $5.00. On the other hand, her little son who tagged along was soooo excited when my wife gave him $1.00--he didn't know what to do with himself.

My family and I just got off the NCL Pearl. We did the tour with Terry and loved it!!! The tour was perfect. The horse ride part was great. The waterfall is in a national park & the park requires you to have a horsehandler. The gentleman that helped me was a big help! I speak spanish so we talked and laughed the whole way down. He also spoke french if needed. The day before it rained so the path was gooey. My horse navigated the goo carefully. The gentleman had boots on and the mud was past his ankles. The horses can only gohalf way down the rest you walk down. Heraldo was with me the whole time. I didn't fall at all. I felt safe with him holding my hand. He watched my family's belongs as we played in the water. He practically pulled me back up the path. It was tough because of the wetness. My husband and son also had horsehandlers but didn't need any assistance climbing up and down. I gave Heraldo ten bucks and my hubbie and son gave their guide 5 apiece. Next post the food.

I have to admitt at first I was alittle intimidated by where we were going to eat lunch. I am so glad I did! The food was awesome. The lunch was fried yuka,stewed chix,fried chix,rice and beans,potatosalad,mac salad, and fresh fruit. We also got a bottle of coke with it. The food was to die for! I told the lady who prepared the food how great the chix was and she told me that's because it was walking this morning.Luvlax should have tried the food. If anyone has eaten at any of the island resturants I would ask them to go behind the resturant and look in the back door. Almost none of these establishments would pass US health dept code. I would tour with Terry again. He provided us with drinks the whole day. He should us how the people in Samana live and eat. He even got us fresh Samana coffee and chocolate. If you like physical activity do the waterfall tour. If you wantlay back try his beach and Devil's blowhole tour.

We are definitely going to to some type of tour with Terry when we are in Samana. We are leaning toward the ATV tour. Can you give me more specifics about what else that tour included? How about cost? Thanks for any information you can give.

Archived