Tour Samana with Terry?

spammers

Anyone know if terry's tours are kid friendly. I've got two who will be 4/8 at the time of our cruise in Feb.

Id like to know too. Im sailing the enchantment on the 17th of Jan and going to Samana. I have a 5 year old and 9 year old at that time. They are horse riders but i know a lot of excursions have steep restrictions so Id like to know too. I like the idea of having someone walk next to the horse on these trips especially for young ones. I dont care for myself since Im expert rider but anything can happen!

• 2 weeks later...

I've tentatively booked a tour with Terry and chose this tour that my 8 & 12 year olds should enjoy, and I don't have to worry about horses or ATVs :)

Description from Terry:

5) Low impact Culture, Beach & Waterfalls

This tour is designed for those looking to see a little bit of everything including culture with low impact activities. (no horses with minimal hiking)

Itinerary:

First stop is my family's property to see some awesome panoramic views from 1,400 feet (450 meters) above the bay, tour a typical Dominican home and see the different fruits and nuts that grow here in the tropics. From there we go to a small country town with a coral church, hand rolled cigar factory and a quaint gift shop that are all accessed from the same parking spot. (They also have clean bathrooms which make it an important stop as well.) Then we would hit the El Valle beach and waterfalls for lunch (fresh fish and chicken, with a typical Dominican buffet) on the beach. All the while you get as much Beer, Coke, Diet Coke and Water that you can drink.

The beach that you would visit is semi secluded. It is about a kilometer long but the problem is that the ocean can be a little rough at times, especially in the winter. The view from the beach is out of this world and most people don't care if they can't swim because the view of the mountains diving into the ocean is just so awesome. It's not that you can't swim it's just that you should not go out very far and on cruise ship days the local officials are very touchy about it. There aren't any lounge chairs at this beach yet but there are plenty of chairs available at the restaurant that we will eat at (you don't know where the beach ends and the restaurant starts). There is no snorkeling to speak of here either. The waterfalls however is a great place to swim and you can climb up and jump off of the falls into the pool below. (swimming is prohibited at the El Valle beach)

All sites on the itinerary are easily accessible but the waterfalls is a 10 min walk although the trail is very easy. You will spend at least 1 hour 15 min driving in the countryside. (Once our roads get repaved that should be considerably less.)

Price:

$60 for adults

$45 for kids 11 and under

Lunch included as well as all your drinks (except when in restaurants).

You will be returned to the dock at the end of the day.

• 1 month later...

About La Playita:

The same view as the famous Playa Rincon but without the travel time. (50 min versus 1 hour 15 min - my wife and I did this last year and trust me...that was one rough 1 hour and 15 min...would not want to do it again). Then you would end the trip with a visit to the Devil's Mouth Blowhole.

La Playita is one of the best places on the whole peninsula to snorkel. There is also a dive shop right on the beach with great prices and they can set up something on the spot. There are Manta Rays and all kinds of cool stuff to see and not vary far out. The water here is what you see on postcards and the panorama of mountains that stretch out into the ocean will surely eat up your camera's digital memory card.

The food at the beach restaurant is very good with fresh fish as their specialty. Your lunch is included in the price with a typical Dominican buffet of fish and chicken. Your drinks throughout the day are included also, except when in the restaurant. Available for rent: Lounge chairs, snorkel equipment and horse back riding.

My Wife and I are already signed up for this, so the price per person will be down to $70 with one more (the price drops as the number of people going increases...and from what I remember Cayacoa did not offer this excursion last year). This will be worth every penny. For those of you who don't know Terry, he is THE GUY to do your excursions with. Please let me know (PM or reply to this post) if your are interested or have any questions.

• 3 weeks later...
Snackdaddy,

We will be in Samana on Jan. 30, 2011. We are doing the 9-day Southern Carribean on NCL Dawn, with stops in Samana, Tortola, Antigua, Barbados, and St. Kitts. Have you ever been on the Dawn? If you have any recommendations for the other ports, I would be glad to hear them.

Anyway, I will e-mail Terry soon to reserve our tour. Glad I'm not the only one who plans so far in advance!

No you're not the only one:D. We booked our ATV tour with Terry also and we'll be sailing out of Baltimore January 17th.

how do you reach Terry, Does he have a web site?

I e-mailed Terry through Trip Advisor several days ago and have not received a response.

His web site would be helpful since there is usually a screen for reservations.

Could someone please tell me the best way to reach him. We are arriving in Samana in early October on the Explorer of the Seas.

Thanks.

Don

I e-mailed Terry through Trip Advisor several days ago and have not received a response.

His web site would be helpful since there is usually a screen for reservations.

Could someone please tell me the best way to reach him. We are arriving in Samana in early October on the Explorer of the Seas.

Thanks.

Don

Recommend that you e-mail him again. It sometimes takes several days before he responds. In his e-mail to me, he says that if I don't hear from him after a few days, send him a reminder. I'm hoping to book with him for mid November.

Recommend that you e-mail him again. It sometimes takes several days before he responds. In his e-mail to me, he says that if I don't hear from him after a few days, send him a reminder. I'm hoping to book with him for mid November.

Could you please give me the e-mail you used to contact him?

Thanks.

Don

Just booked tour #5, noted a couple of posts above, with Terry on

March 1, 2011.

The photos of El Valle Beach look awesome!

Anyone else arriving on that date let me know. We need a minimum to make a go of it.

Sounds like a great adventure!

There's only two of us (14 Nov on NCL Pearl) and I e-mailed Terry. He hooked us up with a group that was already started. Recommend e-mailing him.

We will be on the NCL Pearl, Anyone else going to be there that day that is interested in the ATV tour? We need to fill 5 ATV's and I only have 2.

Recommend e-mailing Terry. He put us in a group that's already started. We're hooking onto Tour #5 with November.

My husband and I will be on this cruise: Explorer of the Seas, 10 night eastern Caribbean, leaving Bayonne, NJ. October, 28th 2010, November, 1st we will be in Samana, DR, We have reserved a shore excursion with Terry Bandi to the El Limon waterfalls, but as of now there is just us two booked Terry needs to have at least 6 people to make it worthwhile. I have been researching this trip for months and will be so disappointed if I don't get to see it. Is there anybody else on this cruise that would like to go with us on this tour, You can search here about it. PLEASE someone consider this tour.

79f4a3e8-f4f2-4e5f-90be-7733adcd6a0f

79f4a3e8-f4f2-4e5f-90be-7733adcd6a0f

About La Playita:

The same view as the famous Playa Rincon but without the travel time. (50 min versus 1 hour 15 min - my wife and I did this last year and trust me...that was one rough 1 hour and 15 min...would not want to do it again). Then you would end the trip with a visit to the Devil's Mouth Blowhole.

La Playita is one of the best places on the whole peninsula to snorkel. There is also a dive shop right on the beach with great prices and they can set up something on the spot. There are Manta Rays and all kinds of cool stuff to see and not vary far out. The water here is what you see on postcards and the panorama of mountains that stretch out into the ocean will surely eat up your camera's digital memory card.

The food at the beach restaurant is very good with fresh fish as their specialty. Your lunch is included in the price with a typical Dominican buffet of fish and chicken. Your drinks throughout the day are included also, except when in the restaurant. Available for rent: Lounge chairs, snorkel equipment and horse back riding.

My Wife and I are already signed up for this, so the price per person will be down to $70 with one more (the price drops as the number of people going increases...and from what I remember Cayacoa did not offer this excursion last year). This will be worth every penny. For those of you who don't know Terry, he is THE GUY to do your excursions with. Please let me know (PM or reply to this post) if your are interested or have any questions.

What sort of vehicle did you endure 50 minutes in?

We've booked Terry on Mon. 3/29 for a tour of El Limon (8 people-4 of them teens) - he is very prompt with e-mail and we are really looking forward to it. We're on the Pearl, and going to make a day of it. If you'd like to join us, contact Terry and myself and we'll have a great day. We'll be stopping at a local school with supplies, and this is a great opportunity to extend ourselves. :)

You will not regret this tour- I promise you. the country is so beautiful.

The last time in Samana, we stayed on the ship because of my son's bad sunburn- this time we will not miss it.

Any details on how your trip went?

I just e-mailed Terry about possibilities for our upcoming cruise in November and he e-mailed me within MINUTES! If we decide to book with him, I'll definitely return and post a review. He seems to offer lots of different options that sound fun. I certainly hate to see him take a bad rap for not returning e-mails, when the exact opposite was true with my experience.

My husband and I will be on this cruise: Explorer of the Seas, 10 night eastern Caribbean, leaving Bayonne, NJ. October, 28th 2010, November, 1st we will be in Samana, DR, We have reserved a shore excursion with Terry Bandi to the El Limon waterfalls, but as of now there is just us two booked Terry needs to have at least 6 people to make it worthwhile. I have been researching this trip for months and will be so disappointed if I don't get to see it. Is there anybody else on this cruise that would like to go with us on this tour, You can search here about it. PLEASE someone consider this tour.

I just happened to check this board to see what was going on in Samana. My family took the El Limon excursion with Terry in March 2010...FANTASTIC. My 21 yr old son just recently mentioned (unsolicited) that this was an awesome experience.

To my knowledge Terry does not have a web site. He operates several businesses in Samana, including a restaurant. He responds to his own e-mail and tries to do so promptly. Like all of us, sometimes he does better than others. Don't give up. He is legit...he will respond...you will get your money's worth...you will be glad you made the effort.

We are going to W. Caribbean 3/11. It will be tough to match the experience we had with Terry.

hi_-we are also going on the same cruise and were looking for a tour in DR--there are 9 of us--can u tell me about the tour with terry--I booked a tour in st thomas with godfrey tours

Here are some links to follow

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147294-i1628-k3697205-Review_of_Tours_With_Terry-Samana_Peninsula_Dominican_Republic.html

OH PLEASE JOIN US, THE MORE THE MERRIER AND THE PRICE GOES DOWN !!!!!!!

) El Limon

>

> > Waterfalls: Horseback and Culture tour.

> >

> >

> Main Excursion-

> >

> > We offer a tour to the El Limon

>

> > waterfalls each cruise ship day. (We must get at

>

> > least 6 to make a go of it) Each safari truck

> will

> > hold up to 20. We can take 1-3 trucks depending on

>

> > demand. You will have the option of going on horses or going on

>

> > foot. The excursion will include a typical Dominican

>

> > buffet lunch and drinks as well as a couple stops along the way to

> see

> > some awesome panoramic views from my families property, 1400 feet

> (450

> > meters) above the bay, and a small country town with a coral

> church,

> > hand rolled cigar factory and a quaint gift shop with clean

>

> > bathrooms.

> >

> > The following is our

> >

> description of El Limon waterfalls and the National

> >

> Park:

> >

> > The biggest waterfall in our

> >

> area is called El Limon:

> >

> > The National Park is about

> a 30 min

> > horseback ride. Then you walk down a

> steep hill the

> > last little bit which includes walking on

> some uneven

> > surfaces that can also become muddy. It

> is worth it

> > though. Also don't be too afraid of the horses,

> they are experts

> > at traversing the crazy looking trail, with

> a couple steep

> > inclines, that you take to get in and

> out. There also is a

> > local person who will walk alongside each

> horse in the group. This

> > tour is not recommended for wheelchair

> guests, those with mobility

> > concerns, recent back or neck injuries,

> or pregnant women. No one

> > under the influence of alcohol or

> drugs may ride the

> > horses.

> >

> > If you go to

> El Limon you should swim

> > into the falls and see the cave

> underneath. I take my customers

> > personally under the falls and

> into the cave if they are game. You

> > should be a good swimmer

> though. Any guests taking part in any

> > water activities do so at

> their own risk and

> > responsibility.

> >

> > You will have all

> that you can

> > drink: Beer, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite and

> water.

> >

> > Price: $70 a person $60 for kids 11

> and under.Note: The price does not include a tip for

> > the

> person who walks alongside your horse. They do a good job

> >

> controlling the horses at all times and only receive tips as payment,

> >

> which each rider would have to take care of. I recommend around

> >

> $10 US but if you enjoyed their service and would like to give more that

>

> > is not a problem.

> > You will be returned to the dock at the end

>

> > of the

> > day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Samana-Dominican-Republic/Tour-Samana-With-Terry

/116767798343633?v=wall&mid=2aea2ebG4e0ef475G0G66

This is the person to contact as group leader TOBEYatPHL@aol.com

Done! Just messaged him telling him me and my new bride want to do tour number one! So perhaps you and us will be on the same tour? my email is matthewmarsh@yahoo.com this thing won't let me private message you

Greetings,

If you are interested in taking Terry's ATV tour to the El Valle area, contact me at pawyatt40@aol.com.

Here is a description of the tour.

Culture, Beach and Waterfalls on ATV in the beautiful El Valle area.

We also offer an ATV tour to the El Valle beach area. The excursion will start at my restaurant which is very easy to find. The tour will pass through a small part of town and you will make your way out to the El Valle beach for lunch and to ride around on the beach some. You will have about an hour to to eat, walk along the beach and take in the mountains that come right down into the ocean in this small beautiful bay. From there you will mount up again and drive to the entrance of the Cascada Lulu waterfalls that the cruise line sometimes calls Zumbador. (They are wrong when they call it that.) The hike into the falls takes about 10 min and it is almost completely flat. There are a couple places along the trail to look at souvenirs and I would ask you to take 5 min to look at one of the spots. I try to make sure that my tours are not about pressuring you into buying things so that we can get a commission from the sellers but we have to see them a few times a week and it makes our life easier if you just take 5 min to look. I appreciate you help with this in advance.

The ATV tour ends up being at least 4 hours long. Which is slightly longer than the cruise ship's tour. We also include lunch which the other tour does not. Lunch is fresh fish (whatever the fishermen have caught that day at this beach) and chicken, all cooked on wood fire. Rice and beans. Salad. French fries or fried plantains. All from a sand floored, thatched roof, hut restaurant. This is the most developed building you will find on the El Valle beach. (swimming is prohibited at the El Valle beach)

Prices:

$80 a person based on double ridership

$130 for single riders

Sorry, no discounts for children of any age.

Must be 14 years of age to drive. No alcoholic beverages will be served on this excursion and you must sign a waiver ahead of time.

We have limited availability for this excursion. We must have either 5 single riders, 10 double riders or any configuration that allows us to use all 5 of our machines.

• 1 year later...

You might want to contact RAZOR TOURS ( Green Cape Adventure Tours ) if you want to go on a ATV Tour to the secluded beach of Playa El Valle, they don't have a minimum request of guests.

Melvin Moya the owner owns a fleet of 18 ATV's and his fluent in 5 different languages.

Just Google Them.

Enjoy discovering our beautiful Samana Peninsula !

Archived