Adult Comedy Show

On the rccl website you can book your tickets for the show. My problem is I want to go to the adult comedy show, but can not really book it because I don't know if my son will want to be in Adventure Ocean at that time. Do you HAVE to have tickets to get into that particular show or can I show up and get in with no ticket? Has anyone experienced this show yet? Thoughts or opinions?

On the rccl website you can book your tickets for the show. My problem is I want to go to the adult comedy show, but can not really book it because I don't know if my son will want to be in Adventure Ocean at that time. Do you HAVE to have tickets to get into that particular show or can I show up and get in with no ticket? Has anyone experienced this show yet? Thoughts or opinions?

That venue is pretty small so I would advise you to book as soon as possible and cancel with as much notice as possible if you are not able to make it. That said, many just "no show" and the staff didn't seem too upset by it. They will let you in without a reservation a few minutes prior to show time if there is room.

There was lots of empty space at the show I had reserved. They have a 1230pm show that does not need reservations and is first come first served basis. Compass says for this show walk ins welcome

There was lots of empty space at the show I had reserved. They have a 1230pm show that does not need reservations and is first come first served basis. Compass says for this show walk ins welcome

Hi Emmy,

I assume you mean 12:30 am? Was this show available each night? I am struggling with the Comedy Show schedule. That would be perfect!

Hi Emmy,

I assume you mean 12:30 am? Was this show available each night? I am struggling with the Comedy Show schedule. That would be perfect!

yep I stand corrected...12:30 AM:)

The shows are every evening two shows 3 if you include the late night one. I think for my next cruise on Oasis I will just try and get into one without the reservation or even book it on the ship. I think this show is the most flexible to get into.

yep I stand corrected...12:30 AM:)

The shows are every evening two shows 3 if you include the late night one. I think for my next cruise on Oasis I will just try and get into one without the reservation or even book it on the ship. I think this show is the most flexible to get into.

Thanks Emmy ! We will try to do the 12:30 am show. No sleeping at all on this vacation!:D

What about the headliner show? I have never needed tickets before, but now they are offering them. Do you have to have tickets to get into that show?

I heard that it is very advisable to pre-book the "headliner" show. They do not just give you a time any more depending on your dinner seating. You have to make reservations for all of the shows at the time and night you want to see them.

I used the guide in this link to make decisions on when to go to the shows. It might help you.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/cont...ce_AltRev2.pdf

I did book the headliner show as well. We were not able to make our reservation so one evening we found ourselves just outside the theatre after another show had started and there were plenty of seats to see the Nelson Bros and we walked in and watched the show. It had already started but we saw more than half of it. This was an early 7:30pm time

Now keep in mind our sailing had 3700 guests on board or thereabouts. I will have a better idea when we sail in October with a fuller ship.

What about the headliner show? I have never needed tickets before, but now they are offering them. Do you have to have tickets to get into that show?

You are not actually given tickets to shows. Everything is electronic. You make reservations ahead of time, either before you board or when you board. you can do it on your interactive TV in your cabin or at the Prominade Box Office.

When you get to the venue, your Seapass card is waved in front of a gadget held by crew at the door. Your picture pops up on the gadget if you have reservations.

I seriously advise you to book any shows even before you board because popular shows (Aqua Show, ice skating show, headliner show, Hairspray) fill up very fast. You may not be able to get reservations for these if you wait.

Even if you can't get reservations, go to the venue anyway. Ten minutes before the show, those without reservations are allowed to enter if there are any seats available.

When in doubt, make reservations. There is no charge for any show, so you do not have to show up and you do not have to cancel reservations for shows. You do have to cancel restaurant reservations, however, or there will be a chrage.

What is Frozen in Time, Come fly with me, and Oasis of Dreams? What is the show in the Aqua theater called?

Frozen in Time - Studio B (ice skating)

Come fly with me - Main theater (typical cruise show)

Oasis of Dreams - Aquatheater (diving show)

My understanding from talking with a crew member at the comedy club is that they are canceling the 12:30 a.m. show. They based it on our inaugural cruise (which I don't think is right since we were only 1/2 full). We tried unsuccessfully on 2 different occasions to see the 12:30 show. They cancelled because the room has to be 1/2 full at least. We did see it on 2 other nights. One night we did not have tickets and were walk ins. The comedy club was also doing a take off on Whose Line is it Anyway. We saw that one night. It was good.

When we went to the comedy show, they were accepting walk-ins with no problem and we thought about going a few other times with friends and they told us at the door that they had room, so it seems like walking up may not be a problem. As a side note to the comedy stuff, i ran into a guy who owns a comedy club in Chicago and he said he had been brought in by Royal to help get the comedy operation up and running. He did say there were going to be changes made in the schedule because they had the comedians set to do something like 18 sets on a 7 day sailing, about 4 times more than they would do off ship and it was too much. That's why they were just starting to bring out some of the improv stuff, to fill those slots. So I think that it will be an evolving thing going forward. Oh, and Come Fly With Me was probably the most amazing I have ever seen on a ship, or maybe anywhere else for that matter. Don't miss it!

Oh, and Come Fly With Me was probably the most amazing I have ever seen on a ship, or maybe anywhere else for that matter. Don't miss it!

I so agree with that and we saw the very first performance so it will just get better:)

are the headliner shows all different? do you know ahead of time what they will be?

the comedy club ..is it the same comedian all week? I think I read its more adult at the last show right? but is it the same thing each day? how can you tell?

The comedy show was the same performance during our cruise week which was 12/12. I don't know if it changes for other cruises. That is why we only went to see it once. It was funny but very dirty so just know who you are going in with. Be prepared to possibly get picked on if you sit in the front row.

Archived