Carnival Corporation Earnings

paul929207

Actually, it is a big deal to many of us on these boards. My wife and I got $750 in Shareholder OBC this year. Others got even more. It may not be the greatest thing in the world, but is is nice.

Are the shareholder OBCs given based on the number of shares you have?

No, you have to own 100 shares to get the OBC. Beyond 100 does not get you any more.

Paul... you mentioned you received three $250 OBC credits... SO, you get a credit everytime you book a cruise, no matter how many in the year?

I assume those OBCs are in addition to any from the TA??

Paul... you mentioned you received three $250 OBC credits... SO, you get a credit everytime you book a cruise, no matter how many in the year?

I assume those OBCs are in addition to any from the TA??

The OBC depends on the length of the cruise. It is $50 for less than 7 days, $100 for 7 to 13 days and $250 for 14 or more days. It is per cabin and for each cruise. It is in addition to any FCC and TA OBC's

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a better place than others to purchase stock? We are cruising in February and from what I read the shareholder credit may not be available if the stock-holders vote it down. Is that correct?

I know nothing about stocks - obviously - but what would stop me from buying the first of February and then selling the day after I return and take advantage of the credit?

Thanks!

Is there a better place than others to purchase stock? We are cruising in February and from what I read the shareholder credit may not be available if the stock-holders vote it down. Is that correct?

I know nothing about stocks - obviously - but what would stop me from buying the first of February and then selling the day after I return and take advantage of the credit?

Thanks!

I would certainly wait to see if the OBC is voted in again before purchasing this stock, especially if all you are doing it for is the OBC. The stock itself is a good investment and worth buying for the long term and if the dividend comes back with a continuation of OBC makes it a winner.

We are daily looking at the stock price and feel that it might drift down in price prior to the stockholders meeting. Our plan is to purchase after that and use it for the next cruise in late February.

Keep in mind the current policy is valid for bookings made up the end of February sailing through the summer. If it gets voted to 'cancel' this January I would believe they have to keep the benefits intact for the current period which was voted upon last year. In other words if it is declined that means there will be no benefits for cruises booked after Feb 28th or those sailing later in 2010.

http://library.corporate-ir.net/library/14/140/140690/items/287713/Carn_Benefit.pdf

Thanks!

As to a better place, you can use any of the online brokers. Most charge in the vicinity of $10 per trade. Nothing stoops you from buying just before the cruise and selling right after. Remember the price of the stock can fluctuate, so you could lose money even with the OBC. If the price drops just $1 while you hold it, that would wipe out the $100 OBC and you would then be out the $20 in commissions on the buy and sell.

Hey Lynda

What's the Princess loyalty credit, I thought I saw Pia mention something about this too ...

We are now typically getting FCC, TA OBC and CCL OBC but I want to quadruple dip!

When you have completed 20 cruises (I think) you start getting an OBC from Princess. I think it starts at $25 per cabin and goes up to $100 after 50 cruises. I may be off n th specifics, but it is something like that.

Hey Lynda

What's the Princess loyalty credit, I thought I saw Pia mention something about this too ...

We are now typically getting FCC, TA OBC and CCL OBC but I want to quadruple dip!

$25 after 20 cruises, $50 after 30, etc. I think it stops at $100. A "quadip" is nice. :p

Archived