*VIDEO* Journal & Review: Carnival Splendor, Dec 13 - 20, 2009; PV, PV Day 2, & Cabo

mathgeek1978

This is the sequel to my review “Live from the Splendor: Sunday, Dec 13th – Sunday, Dec 20th; PV, Mazatlan, and Cabo.”

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1103629

This will be a mostly video presentation of the highlights of this cruise. I have taken LOTS of videos and it will take me a while to edit all of them. However, I’ll post them as I work on them, and I am hoping to post at least one new clip per day.

Throughout my presentation, please feel free to ask any questions that you might have. Your comments are also welcome.

The first clip that I am going to post is a preview. Just like the trailers that you see in a movie theatre, this preview gives you an idea of what you can expect. It’s more like a “teaser” if you know what I mean.

If you guys like the preview, then I’ll be posting a detailed videos of this cruise daily. So be sure to let me know if you want to see more. :D

Here’s the preview:

Video #1

Embarkation: Check in was at the domed structure, which was the ex-Spruce Goose. After we’ve cleared security and checked in at the Carnival counter, we would get 2 souvenir photos taken as we approached the gangway. Then we walked through the long gangway to board the ship.

Balcony Cabin: We had a Cat 8B cabin on the Starboard side on the Upper deck. The room was very nice. The bottle of Absolut that I ordered through the Bon Voyage Dept. has already been delivered and was gift-wrapped with a beautiful ribbon.

I carried in my luggage some tonic water, bloody mary mix and tomato juice. And you’ll see that I wasted no time in getting my bar setup. (NOTE: There’s no need to bring a lot of mixers as they are available from the convenience stores in PV.)

We had an awesome view from the Balcony – We could see the terminal, Queen Mary, and the Long Beach Coast line. The evening view was also gorgeous.

As we would soon discover, throughout this cruise the starboard side had a much better view at the ports than port side (except Mazatlan, which we didn’t know since we weren’t there).

And here’s video #1:

Questions and comments are welcome.

thanks so much for doing this- I can hardly wait!!! I have done this itinerary before- but am bringing my 3 adult daughters with me in late February- none of them have cruised before- so this helps them to get a feeling for what they are about to experience- thanks again

Video #2

How Luggage is Transferred to the Ship

This is a bonus view from the balcony on the starboard side. Have you ever wondered what happens to your luggage after you dropped it off to the porter? How is your luggage transferred to the ship?

Here’s video #2:

thanks so much for doing this- I can hardly wait!!! I have done this itinerary before- but am bringing my 3 adult daughters with me in late February- none of them have cruised before- so this helps them to get a feeling for what they are about to experience- thanks again

Yes! This will almost be like taking a virtual cruise for them... HAHA :D There's a LOT more to come. Hope your daughters will enjoy this.

Video #3

The Atrium

Every Carnival class of ship has a certain personality reflected by its atrium. So what is the Splendor’s personality? Some people say there’s too much pink. Some people actually like the pink. I guess we all see it differently, as beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. As for me, I see a casual elegance expressed in a contemporary and comfortable atmosphere. What do you see?

Since we are in the Christmas season, you’ll see some Christmas decorations – mostly subtle and not overwhelming. At the end of the video you’ll see the “Christmas Village”, which was made by a team of chefs using ginger bread, flour, cookies, sugar, egg whites, among other things.

Video #3 is here:

Video #2

How Luggage is Transferred to the Ship

This is a bonus view from the balcony on the starboard side. Have you ever wondered what happens to your luggage after you dropped it off to the porter? How is your luggage transferred to the ship?

Here’s video #2:

That's a little too close to the water's edge don't you think LOL!

Love it, love it, love it! More please! . . . . .thanks for all your hard work, we all really appreciate the glimpse into what we have in store for us . . . .for me in only 26 more days!

Well... that means I'd better hurry up and get to work so I can finish all the videos in less than 26 days...:D OK, I'll post the next one real soon :cool:

Video #4

Lido Deck with Calypso music by “The Innocence”

Imagine yourself laying under the sun on the Lido deck sipping your favorite drink and listening to the relaxing but upbeat Calypso music… Are you on vacation yet?

This duet, The Innocence, is awesome, and they are on my HOT! List. They play on the Lido deck at specific times during the day, so check your capers and don’t miss it.

Video #4 is here:

Archived