Hotel Directors on NCL Ships

sjnyc323

I was just curious to find out if anyone has had a HD that they really thought was fabulous.

I thought that Prem Kanikkara was one of the best there is. I am sorry to hear he will be leaving the Gem next month and going over to the Spirit. He made it his business to get to know people and even gave out his business cards to whoever wanted one. I thought he was a real joy and is a great person.

Hugo Vanosmael on the Dawn

Denis Prguda on the Pearl

PE

I totally agree with you concerning Denis Prguda. Every employment postition that I have seen him do he has just about mastered. I have sailed with him when he the Bar Manager, F & B Director and in his current position as HD. Lets hope he doesn't decide to retire soon.

OceanDreams

I was just curious to find out if anyone has had a HD that they really thought was fabulous.

I thought that Prem Kanikkara was one of the best there is. I am sorry to hear he will be leaving the Gem next month and going over to the Spirit. He made it his business to get to know people and even gave out his business cards to whoever wanted one. I thought he was a real joy and is a great person.

Does anyone know who will be replacing Prem?

I have had the pleasure of meeting 5 different people who have held the position of Hotel Director on an NCL ship...and they were all awesome.

I think the better question for the OP to ask would have been: "Has anyone out there ever ran across a Hotel Director who wasn't fabulous?"

I'm going to have to chime in with 2 Dallas Easterly who we had on the Pearl last year as HD and his AHD was Matthias Holz whom we also had as AHD on the Jewel. Matthias is currently HD on the Pearl and we cannot wait to sail with him next month. He is such an accomidating down to earth person.

The current Hotel Director onboard the Spirit is Frank Wisenhenkel. I wonder where he's off to if he's not on the Spirit. Wonder if he's off to a vacation or if he's covering for the HD on the Sky? He did that before shortly after I sailed on the Spirit in May of this year.

Nice to hear John O'Hara is a nice fellow on the Jewel and I look forward to meeting him in two week's time! :)

• 1 year later...
The current Hotel Director onboard the Spirit is Frank Wisenhenkel. I wonder where he's off to if he's not on the Spirit. Wonder if he's off to a vacation or if he's covering for the HD on the Sky? He did that before shortly after I sailed on the Spirit in May of this year.

Nice to hear John O'Hara is a nice fellow on the Jewel and I look forward to meeting him in two week's time! :)

I heard John o'hara left NCL. Hugo is Hotel Director on the Jewel now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I heard John o'hara left NCL. Hugo is Hotel Director on the Jewel now.

John O'Hara is no longer with NCL. I'm not sure why. Frank Hassenwinkel who was also another phenomenal Hotel Director is no longer with NCL either.

Besides Klaus who was acting Hotel Director on the last Spirit cruise, the only other Hotel Director to be outstanding is Dennis Prguda. I met him on the EPIC and for the ship being as big as it was, Dennis was EVERYWHERE and always checking in and saying hello. I hope he pops up on my next Dawn cruise. :)

Interesting to see the fans of the HD's on the ship.

Don't get me wrong, the HD on both of our cruises showed up at our M&Gs, they seemed to have a very nice personality and both assured our groups that if we had a problem we should feel free to come to them.

OK since I didn't have any issues, or at least none that warranted seeking out a HD for, what would be the deciding factor to whether I had a fabulous HD or not?

I've never understood the facination with HD, F&B, CD etc. Even the captain for that matter. Now personality wise, I felt our 2nd captain was a lot more visual than our first and very friendly with a good sense of humor when you spoke with him. But seriously as nice as that is as long as he keeps me safe and gets me to where I'm going, I don't see the big deal about him either.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm just trying to figure out if I'm missing something :confused:

Archived