Can I bring my own cans of soda on the ship?

Absolutely! I brought a 12 pack of Pepsi and Ginger ale onboard the Navigator two weeks ago! I put them in a smaller size suitcase so I'd have an empty suitcase to put our sourviners in for travel home! :)

ENJOY!

Steve

And there's also an 8-pack of Dr. Pepper cans floating around somewhere on the Navigator. We left it at the pier with the porter (with our luggage tag attached) when we were boarding on 12/10/09 for our BTB. Never made it to our room although our Sprite Zero 12-pack did!:rolleyes:

You are allowed to bring a "reasonable amount" of any non-alcoholic beverages a board with you.

They don't define reasonable, so i'm sure if you tried to pull a semi up with water on it they would frown, but a couple of 12 packs and a case of water is just fine!

And there's also an 8-pack of Dr. Pepper cans floating around somewhere on the Navigator. We left it at the pier with the porter (with our luggage tag attached) when we were boarding on 12/10/09 for our BTB. Never made it to our room although our Sprite Zero 12-pack did!:rolleyes:

I'd never do that with soda. Water maybe, but not soda. If the soda were in cans, chances are one puncture and got tossed. Can's leak easily

I'd never do that with soda. Water maybe, but not soda. If the soda were in cans, chances are one puncture and got tossed. Can's leak easily

I agree. We pack 6-pks of Pepsi in 20 oz plastic bottles in separate pieces of luggage. Family members prefer the canned Pepsi and Dr. Pepper, so we stop at local stores before boarding and they walk them on with their carryon. A few years back I saw a guy with bungee cords holding 2 12-pks strapped to his carryon. I remember laughing to myself, but as avid Pepsi drinkers, we can relate. :)

We always bring Dr. Pepper / other varieties of soda on our cruises and never had a problem. We usually just go to the Windjammer and get a glass of ice and enjoy at our leisure.

Don't worry about it. Take what you want. And by the way, We have taken cans of soda and never had a problem.

Yup - we took 2 cases of 12 sodas (sprite and coke zero) on the Explorer and they made it to our room just fine. We slapped luggage tags on them and left them with the porters with the rest of our suitcases (and a tip) and they showed up outside our door as expected!

I always buy the XL ziplock bags, put in two 12-packs of soda, then use duct tape to make the ziplock "tight" around the whole thing. Works great, and no danger of leaking.

We always bring Dr. Pepper / other varieties of soda on our cruises and never had a problem. We usually just go to the Windjammer and get a glass of ice and enjoy at our leisure.

Don't worry about it. Take what you want. And by the way, We have taken cans of soda and never had a problem.

When I saw Dr. Pepper I knew you had to be from Texas :D

I scanned and copied extra luggage tags to cases of soda (12 packs) and two cases of bottled water. They made it to our room on both occasions. One time however one of the cans did get a puncture, and made a small mess, but was no big deal. The other good thing is sailing out of Bayonne on the explorer you can keep them on your balcony (if you get one) and help keep things cold. We also tell our room steward to clean there stuff out of the fridge to allow us to put our items in.

Hope this helps.

Don

Archived