QM2 HK to Syd. 2010.

copacruiser

Does anyone know the exact name of where we dock in Shanghai, Guam,Rabaul,etc so we can organise our own itinery. thanks

For QE2's 2007 world cruise, we docked in Shanghai at the container port, about a good hour's drive from the heart of Shanghai. We did not go to Guam, however.

In Rabaul, we anchored in the main harbor. Directly across the harbor, one of the active volcanoes, Tavurvur, was erupting. It was spectacular.

I took both available Cunard excursions in Rabaul, both of which were very good. Many passengers opted not to go ashore and were sorely disappointed that they hadn't based on the experiences of passengers who did. The call at Rabaul was easily one of the top 10 ports of the entire cruise. I shall never forget the bonfires that were lit along the shoreline as QE2 departed the harbor.

I toured Shanghai independently with friends who happened to be on an extended business assignment there. It was a long and busy day, but I got in all of the main sights and even had time for dinner at a great restaurant with stunning nighttime views of Pudong (M on the Bund) before returning to th ship. We arrived at 6 am and sailed the next morning at 2 am.

Have a wonderful time!

Does anyone know the exact name of where we dock in Shanghai, Guam,Rabaul,etc so we can organise our own itinery. thanks

Hi! I don't know the answer to your questions, but do join the roll call for your trip!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=840314&page=17

It looks like a wonderful itinerary, enjoy!

We visited all three ports on the Dawn Princess earlier this year. In Shanghai we were lucky enough to sail up the Huangpu River right to the heart of Shanghai but QM2 is far too big to do this - so as Bobby1119 posted, you will dock a fair way from the city centre.

You can find my photos from Shanghai HERE

In Guam we also docked quite a distance from the city centre - they had a free shuttle bus that took probably half an hour.

I do not think the only dock in Rabaul will be able to accommodate QM2, so you will anchor in the middle of the harbour - be prepared for spectacular views but also for EVERYTHING being covered in falling dust/ash from the constantly spewing volcano. So don't wearyour best clothes and maybe take an umbrella ashore (good protection against sun or rain but also the dust).

Dawn%20Princess%20120409%2010093.JPG

(more photos from Rabaul HERE )

Copacruiser'

We're going on the same segments as you in 5 weeks. We found out yesterday that the shore excursions were posted from the UK on 17/12/09 and closed on 24/12/09. Any shore excusions will have to be booked on QM2 and we'll be wait listed. Have you suffered the same fate?

Yes my agent told me they were closing but only on the 23rd!!:cool: So like u we will just try our luck, worse that can happen is the spa will be empty and we can have it all to ourselves!!!! ;)have u put yr name on the roll call so we can all catch up at the m&g on the14th?

Archived