Air conditioning on the Eurodam

rozndon

Hi Everyone,

This is something I haven't seen on this board, but I might have missed it. I'm sailing on the Eurodam - Jan 30 - Eastern Caribbean. I'm one of those people who are always cold. In winter - I'm always trying to warm up and in warmer months, I'm a victim of over air conditioned restaurants, offices, etc. I've only sailed once before - in Alaska on the Veendam, so air conditioned rooms was not a problem - since it was in the 50's or so outside, we were pretty much bundled up. I'm going on this cruise to be warm for one week, but I can't spend the week totally outside (where I expect summer temps). I'm concerned about how cold the ship is kept. I'm planning on bringing summer clothes, but do I need to also bring a variety of sweaters, etc. to wear when dining or doing anything on the ship? I know I will have control over my own cabin, but are the public rooms on the ship kept very cool?

Hoping the answer is no!

Roz

You should bring a wrap to wear in the Main Dining Room if you feel chilly. I am always warm so found Eurodam to be very comfortable. If air conditioning often makes you chilly, then do what you usually do when in air conditioning.

Yes....... outside temperatures will be summerlike.

Have a great time. Eurodam is a wonderful ship.

We had no problem with comfortable temps in the public rooms on the Eurodam during our Dec 5-12 cruise. I am also one who is cold with air-conditioning, and though I brought a sweater to use inside, I never needed it. Also, the room thermostat and controls worked well.

We found it cold temperature wise. It never hurts to put on an extra light weight garment and peel off if needed. It was 90 degrees plus outside when we recently cruised, but I forgot a sweat shirt and track pants for the in room temp's, which you can regulate, but tend to vary during the day and evenings.

Happy Sailings.

I sailed on the Eurodam early December and found the ship to be very comfortable. I was a bit chilled in the mdr and in the theater the first night so on the second night I wore my wrap that I had brought along and was very comfortable. Just bring a wrap or sweater as others too have suggested and you'll be fine. Enjoy the Eurodam...she's gorgeous!

We didn't have any problems with the public spaces being to cold or to warm, but we did find the cabin a bit too cool. There is no off switch (atleast in our VC verandah cabin) just an adjustment for temp. It was tough trying to fine tune the temp. Overall that would have been my only complaint of that whole cruise. That is how wonderful the Eurodam is...Enjoy! :)

Definitely there is no way to shut the a/c or blowing air off. We did adjust ours to a little warmer but everytime the stewards made the bed they made it cooler. What a surprise when we docked in Ft. Lauderdale to find it was quite cold in FL! Also on the Noordam we found some public rooms much cooler than others. I always carried a light sweater in my tote bag.

Archived