Cruise to "hell" on costa fortuna

annejoejarocki@gmail.com

the ship was nice, the room was nice, from their it wen down hill fast. the crew were very bad at their jobs, inconsideret in their manners, attitudes and how they performed their functions. this includes the officers. several times the food was sent back to the kitchen rotton with the answer from the chef that HE was besy and not to BOTHER him... and no replacement food. the waitress could have cared less... Jenhefer Acol (1st seating Raffael 352), bringing 3 dinners with 4 people waiting. waiting 35 - 40 minutes before menues, (the first night waited 1 hour, 5 minutes before menu then 40 minutes for food that wasen fit to eat). diden't leave ft. lauderdale until after 9pm. arrived grand cayman 10 am. planned departure on tenders supposed to be 11.30. after several fist fights broke out in the rex theater, started to offload at 3.00 pm. the entertainment would have been a joke at a grammer school. having a gay, out of work, over weight, pervert, impersonating Elton John was totally Ludicress... the Italian guests with their children (APP. 800) WERE RUDE, INCONDERATE, AND DOWN RIGHT NASTY... THE ADULT only pool was overrun with children. everybody complained. the crews answer was "their only children"... getting off the ship was another NIGHTMARE. orange was supposed to go from the grand bar at 9:30am, we left only to be stuck from the elevator on deck 2 foward for 1 hour and 35 minutes before getting to the exit midship... 3 weeks previous we sailed on holland america for 20 days (noordam).no problems... Both owned by Carnival Cruise Lines. After 25 cruises we finally had the CRUISE TO HELL !!! on the COSTA FORTUNA...

bringing 3 dinners with 4 people waiting. waiting 35 - 40 minutes before menues, (the first night waited 1 hour, 5 minutes before menu then 40 minutes for food that wasen fit to eat).

Anne and Joe,

We wouldn't have waited that long.

having a gay, out of work, over weight, pervert, impersonating Elton John was totally Ludicress...

???? I don't think cruising is for you. I would like to see reviews from others on your ship although this one does sound disorganized.

???? I don't think cruising is for you. I would like to see reviews from others on your ship although this one does sound disorganized.

OP had 25 previous cruises.

Hmmm, first post, too.

Maybe 1st post, but certainly not new to cruising.

Perhaps others will respond with opinions.

In attempting to read this post I can only assume that the writer was a trifle upset.

However it is ill conceived that Costa would slip this far from just one month ago, this post reminds me of every futile complaint thrown Costa’s way since they started sailing the seven seas.

For some one who has reputedly cruised over twenty times it shows a childish ignorance to the shipboard protocol. I find it un-believable, surely they knew how to complain to the Maitre D, who would have dealt with that particular problem.

It is a noted fact that Italian Cruise lines are not to most American tastes and indeed there are many posts on CC to that affect, but in my 17 cruises with Costa among other lines My complaints have been dealt with within 2hours, certainly no longer than 24hrs.

As said we were on her just over a month ago with four first time cruises at our table, all expressed their complete satisfaction. With one couple asking to join us again next year.

I think they really didn't like their cruise. :eek:

I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience. We sailed on the Fortuna two years ago and had a great experience and were on the Atlantica last week and also had good service and a great cruise. We didn't find anyone to be rude, inconsiderate, or nasty... not even the Americans....:eek: We greatly enjoyed the diversity and international flair of the passengers.

I think they really didn't like their cruise. :eek:

I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience. We sailed on the Fortuna two years ago and had a great experience and were on the Atlantica last week and also had good service and a great cruise. We didn't find anyone to be rude, inconsiderate, or nasty... not even the Americans....:eek: We greatly enjoyed the diversity and international flair of the passengers.

I enjoyed my first Costa cruise recently, aboard the Atlantica, which departed Quebec City, Oct 25. This was my 15th cruise, and I like you, appreciated the great service as well as the international experience of Costa.

I cruised on the Costa Mediterranea in September, it was my first time with Costa and didn't find anything to complain about. I've cruised over a dozen times with other cruiselines and was always satisfied with my experiences. I'm cruising again with Costa in April to the far east on a smaller ship, the Romantica, and am looking forward to it. I guess you have to have an open mind when travelling, be it cruising or anything else. I think my philosophy for travelling is that those of us who are able to travel should be grateful that we can do so and stop complaining for all the little things that might go wrong, after all isn't vacationing ment for relaxing so why stress out!!!! Just go with the flow:)

I'm guessing the cruise was Christmas week. I've been on the Fortuna, and like it enough to be going for 5 weeks starting 03 Jan- but I refuse to travel over Christmas/New Year, because of my holiday experience on the Mediterranea.

I've also been on Holland America, and hated every minute- utterly boring. If the OP likes HAL, then Costa would definitely be a bad choice for him- totally different experience. And even on my holiday cruise, the service wasn't much worse than HAL, which I found didn't live up to the company's hype.

I would like to see reviews of some of the 25 other cruises they've taken.

Many people never join until they have a specific question or something important to say. I hardly find it odd. I lurked for some time...years even , before I bothered to register. My spouse has taken 10 or so cruises...if he decided to register and post would that make him a phoney like this person is alleged to be?

Not in any order this is how i saw things.

1.Never any ice in the machines at the buffet.

2.4 Table Tennis paddles,check them out on 3 floor,tables on 11 th floor. people never returned them.

3.Opening and closing buffet with people in line.

4.Ice cream machines never cold ,soupy cream.

5.Chef was more interested in getting his picture taken then getting food out.

6.Waiting 1 1/2 hours for a cold dinner.

7.Long line of complaning people at customer service,1 hr min.

8. Big gaps in railings,easy for kids to fall between,my son has a big cut on his knee now,on board doctor looked to be drunk.

9.Overflowing pool,water was flowing everywhere,very slippery.

10.Good luck finding food after 9pm.Unless you sit and order a personal pizza,that takes 30 min and you can't leave and come back.

11.If the ship has a deal of 50 dollars on board credit ,IN WRITING with you good luck,don't waste your time trying to get it,let them keep it,they won't give it up.

12.Don't leave any shoes or clothes on chairs,they will be stolen.

13.Bring your own silverware,people walking all over the place looking for spoons and napkins.

14.Slot machines would'nt take paper money,have to feed them coins.

15.Breakfest is a joke,raw or chard. bacon sits in 2 inches of grease,

eggs full of water,pre cooked toast,hashbrown dish always empty,

NEVER BEEN TO PRISON,BUT I WOULD THINK THIS IS WHAT THE FOOD

LOOKS LIKE.

This is not a complaint,Only the facts.

My family and i had a great time.

Next time it will be back to RC.

Spell cops kiss my ass.

the ship was nice, the room was nice, from their it wen down hill fast. the crew were very bad at their jobs, inconsideret in their manners, attitudes and how they performed their functions. this includes the officers. several times the food was sent back to the kitchen rotton with the answer from the chef that HE was besy and not to BOTHER him... and no replacement food. the waitress could have cared less... Jenhefer Acol (1st seating Raffael 352), bringing 3 dinners with 4 people waiting. waiting 35 - 40 minutes before menues, (the first night waited 1 hour, 5 minutes before menu then 40 minutes for food that wasen fit to eat). diden't leave ft. lauderdale until after 9pm. arrived grand cayman 10 am. planned departure on tenders supposed to be 11.30. after several fist fights broke out in the rex theater, started to offload at 3.00 pm. the entertainment would have been a joke at a grammer school. having a gay, out of work, over weight, pervert, impersonating Elton John was totally Ludicress... the Italian guests with their children (APP. 800) WERE RUDE, INCONDERATE, AND DOWN RIGHT NASTY... THE ADULT only pool was overrun with children. everybody complained. the crews answer was "their only children"... getting off the ship was another NIGHTMARE. orange was supposed to go from the grand bar at 9:30am, we left only to be stuck from the elevator on deck 2 foward for 1 hour and 35 minutes before getting to the exit midship... 3 weeks previous we sailed on holland america for 20 days (noordam).no problems... Both owned by Carnival Cruise Lines. After 25 cruises we finally had the CRUISE TO HELL !!! on the COSTA FORTUNA...

I dont think you should talk about grammar)))LOL .Please wright some more ,make it more interesting.:D

Not in any order this is how i saw things.

1.Never any ice in the machines at the buffet.

2.4 Table Tennis paddles,check them out on 3 floor,tables on 11 th floor. people never returned them.

3.Opening and closing buffet with people in line.

4.Ice cream machines never cold ,soupy cream.

5.Chef was more interested in getting his picture taken then getting food out.

6.Waiting 1 1/2 hours for a cold dinner.

7.Long line of complaning people at customer service,1 hr min.

8. Big gaps in railings,easy for kids to fall between,my son has a big cut on his knee now,on board doctor looked to be drunk.

9.Overflowing pool,water was flowing everywhere,very slippery.

10.Good luck finding food after 9pm.Unless you sit and order a personal pizza,that takes 30 min and you can't leave and come back.

11.If the ship has a deal of 50 dollars on board credit ,IN WRITING with you good luck,don't waste your time trying to get it,let them keep it,they won't give it up.

12.Don't leave any shoes or clothes on chairs,they will be stolen.

13.Bring your own silverware,people walking all over the place looking for spoons and napkins.

14.Slot machines would'nt take paper money,have to feed them coins.

15.Breakfest is a joke,raw or chard. bacon sits in 2 inches of grease,

eggs full of water,pre cooked toast,hashbrown dish always empty,

NEVER BEEN TO PRISON,BUT I WOULD THINK THIS IS WHAT THE FOOD

LOOKS LIKE.

This is not a complaint,Only the facts.

My family and i had a great time.

Next time it will be back to RC.

Spell cops kiss my ass.

I wonder if RC doing that bad,so they need to send trolls to bush Carnival Corp lines))):p

i was solo on this cruise and do not agree with all of the negative comments. the ship was beautiful and the staff more than helpful. the cruise staff always had fun activities, dance lessons, etc going on and they had xmas carols and santa with gifts for the kids on xmas day. the entertainment--for the most part--was good including an outstanding Itallion tenor and the costa singers/dancers. i did not care for the elton john imitator but many folks did.

the food was pretty standard fare for costa. most folks seemed to truly enjoy themselves....as did I. a cruise is what you make it, IMHO.

Archived