Crusing with a nine year old

My DH and I just booked an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Eurodam sailing November 6th and are bringing along our nine year old granddaughter. I am not familar with Club Hal. It appears that children over the age of 8 can come and go as they please at Club Hal - not something we are completely comfortable with. What types of activities do they offer? We booked early seating in the dining room at a small table, so we will not be seated with cruisers who prefer an adult only table. We want to be considerate of our fellow passengers, but still allow our granddaughter to have a wonderful adventure with us. Could any experienced cruisers offer some advice to us?

I believe you have to give permission for them to be allowed out on their own....you set the rules!

If you'd prefer a larger table, they generally try to seat "families with families"....your granddaughter will disturb no one, I'm sure!

You set the rules, for both your granddaughter and the counselors at Club HAL. Make sure they all know that she cannot come and go as she pleases.

Also, remember to bring the signed and notorized letter from both her parents giving you permission to take her out of the country, and to make emergency decisions for her during your trip. If you don't have this letter, they can deny boarding to all of you. With so many kidnappings, airlines and cruise lines take this permission letter very seriously.

Archived