Is the QM2 the only ship to travel to the states from England?

BattyBirdWoman

Please could someone tell me if the QM2 is the only ship to travel to America from England? Last time, I travelled on the QM2 but I notice that she doesn't leave Southampton for New York until April 22nd. Is there another ship that goes to the U.S also? (even if it's later in the year, the information could prove useful in the future). If its destination isn't New York then I can maybe work around that, thankyou very much in advance of any information you can hopefully give me.

RCCL's Jewel of the Seas sails from Harwich to Boston in September, 2010. Princess' Ocean Princess and Crown Princess make a couple of sailings each from Dover to NYC in summer, 2010. Those were just the 2 lines I checked. Other lines likely have sailings too.

There are many ships that spend the summer in Europe and the winter in the Caribbean. These make an eastbound crossing in the spring and westbound in the fall. Some of these include England in their itineraries.

Last year, the Tahitian Princess (Now Ocean Princess) did several crossings in July, August and September between Dover and NYC.

"QM" won't sail UK to America until April as it will be on the world cruise starting in Jan. Pretty much the only other options are repositioning sailings (most lines) but they pretty much are westbound in the fall and eastbound in the spring when many ships do thier repositioning sailings to/from the Caribbean for the winter months and European cruises for the summer months.

Archived