Closest hotels to Port Canaveral

SugarNSpice8104

Are there any hotels within walking distance to the cruise port? Or maybe right by the port with a good view of the ships?

Probably the closest are going to be County Inn & Suites and the Residence Inn next door. Both are great facilities that you can leave your car there during the cruise if you wish.

The only way you might have a view of the Port is to go up to the top floor of the hotel and look out a window. We do this everytime we stay at the County Inn & Suites on the morning of departure.....(gotta make sure "my" ship arrived)

Hope this helps...

And the Radisson is "across the street" from CS&I and the Residence. All provide suttles to the port. CS&I is free with booking not sure but I think the other 2 contract out and there's a nominal charge. Or you can grab a cab.

Sorry but the Radisson is "not" across the street......it is on the same side of the street as the Residence Inn & Country Inn & Suites, it's just a little further down....maybe 1/4 mile or so.....(going away from the Port)

Are there any hotels within walking distance to the cruise port? Or maybe right by the port with a good view of the ships?

The early pioneers began in St. Louis and considered the west coast to be within walking distance. So, what do you consider to be walking distance?

I am not leaving from a cruise, but I am still interested in staying there close by the port. Where would be a charming area for a few days where you can walk around and look at boats and stuff? We don't really have to be by the beach, but would rather be in a place where we can wander... eat...

Thanks for any advice.

There's a huge thread on here named I Work In Port Canaveral. Try looking through there & if you don't see the info you need just ask your question there.

Shirley is the local lady that reads the thread and can give you wonderful info.......she's a gem!!!

We stayed at Radisson Resort at the Port near Port Canaveral and really liked it. Nice pool area with a waterfall and good customer service. There are restaurants and stores within walking distance. If you want more to do, you might try the nearby Cocoa Beach area. I think they have a shuttle--Cocoa Beach Shuttle.

I'm guessing that you will have a car. There are no hotels close by the port (the marina). We like staying at Marriott's Residence Inn. You can walk to the beach (2 miles - port about 4 miles). With a car it is easy to get around. If you want to stay on the beach there are condos to rent by the night. Also Hilton (on the beach) and Hampton Inn and Courtyard (not on the beach but very close). There are some good restaurants at the port. We like Grills. You can watch the cruise ships leave as you eat. The cocoa beach area is very low key. It will be easier to have a car to get around.

I'm guessing that you will have a car. There are no hotels close by the port (the marina). We like staying at Marriott's Residence Inn. You can walk to the beach (2 miles - port about 4 miles). With a car it is easy to get around. If you want to stay on the beach there are condos to rent by the night. Also Hilton (on the beach) and Hampton Inn and Courtyard (not on the beach but very close). There are some good restaurants at the port. We like Grills. You can watch the cruise ships leave as you eat. The cocoa beach area is very low key. It will be easier to have a car to get around.

I stayed at the Doubletree. It was right on the beach ...

http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/MLBASDT-Doubletree-Hotel-Cocoa-Beach-Oceanfront-Florida/index.do;jsessionid=966B36864A550A51C2CE104AFD881037.etc31?brand_id=DT&brand_directory=/en/dt/&xch=542417056,CMPPX3YM12LTWCSGBIV2VCQ

• 2 months later...
I stayed at the Doubletree. It was right on the beach ...

What is your "review" of the DoubleTree?

Any others want to comment on hotels ON the beach with an Oceanfront view?

Thanks!

What is your "review" of the DoubleTree?

Any others want to comment on hotels ON the beach with an Oceanfront view?

Thanks!

Well, the room looked like this from the door ...

Roomfromdoor.jpg

And like this from the window ...

Roomfromwindow.jpg

This is the north side of the hotel. I got my room via Priceline, so I didn't get a balcony ...

IMG_2717.jpg

Here are the pools ...

IMG_2716.jpg

Here is the hotel from the beach ...

IMG_2721.jpg

And here is the beach. If you look carefully you will see some of the chocolate fish that gave Cocoa Beach its name ...

IMG_2719.jpg

I spent two nights in the hotel (in late April 2006). It had free Internet access in the room. I would be more than happy to spend another two nights in the hotel.

Does Anyone know about the Holtel Ron John Caribe ??? Is it close to the port ??? Do they have a shuttle to the port ???

thank you:)

Do you have an address for the hotel? Have you called the hotel and asked if they have a shuttle?

not yet that was next on my agenda, their address is 1000 shorewood dr.

Well, if that is in Cape Canaveral, Florida, then yes, it is very close to the port. It look like it is less than 1.5 miles from the port.

If we are to cruise from Port Canaveral,

is Orlando the airport we should fly into? how far is the airport from Pt Canaveral? or the nearest hotels that has been discussed on this thread so far?

thank you, Carol

If we are to cruise from Port Canaveral,

is Orlando the airport we should fly into? how far is the airport from Pt Canaveral? or the nearest hotels that has been discussed on this thread so far?

thank you, Carol

Orlando is the closest major airport. It is 46 miles from the port. Melbourne Airport is about 20 miles closer. However, very few airlines fly to Melbourne, Florida.

Orlando is the closest major airport. It is 46 miles from the port. Melbourne Airport is about 20 miles closer. However, very few airlines fly to Melbourne, Florida.

thanx Cuizer2 =

In other words, I would have to get a shuttle? taxi? to get to the pier... unless we do an overnight, which is most likely what we will do, if we decide to cruise from Cp Canaveral... I am so used to sailing from Miami where it's a hop/skip/jump away from the Hyatt to the pier - or from Bayside to the pier.

Carol

Archived