Debating Rental Car VS Taxi ~ San Diego

krznkim

Hi guys!

Any advise would be appreciated! I was wondering if it would be better to rent a car VS taxi service in San Diego? I arrive 1 day prior to my cruise, and I am staying at the Hotel Solamar. Is there anything within walking distance of this hotel? And does anyone know Taxi Prices to and from Airport to Hotel, and Hotel to Port? I an wondering if I should do a super shuttle type of thing??

Thanks!

I Love Google

Just Googled your hotel

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=1h&oq=hotel+Sola&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADBS_enUS294US295&q=hotel+solamar+san+diego+ca

You are near the Horton Plaza. There is a Ralphs Supermarket on 1st & G (ask the desk for a more accurate location). They also sell liquor.

If you have young kids the Kids Museum is here also.

Call the hotel and see if there is a shuttle available. A taxi shouldn't be that much. The desk can tell you the fare.

The San Diego Trolley (the public one, not the HOHO one) has a stop near Horton Plaza. $5 for an all day pass.

Perfect!

Thank you so much! You have been a HUGE help! I was starting to regret my decision on staying here! With the cost of parking etc. I think I have decided to just taxi it to and from aiport/hotel/port!

Thanks Again!

Hi guys!

Any advise would be appreciated! I was wondering if it would be better to rent a car VS taxi service in San Diego? I arrive 1 day prior to my cruise, and I am staying at the Hotel Solamar. Is there anything within walking distance of this hotel? And does anyone know Taxi Prices to and from Airport to Hotel, and Hotel to Port? I an wondering if I should do a super shuttle type of thing??

Thanks!

About $10-15 to hotel and $8-10 to the terminal

We stayed at the Solomar when she first opened a few years back Nice hotel It is in the Gaslamp district near to petco park where the Padres play

I was stationed in the Navy not to far from here and this area was Sailors, strip joints drugs and whores It is Beautiful now

You can walk all around your hotel there are many fine restaurants Or you can take a taxi and walk down on the waterfront where the Cruise ship port is and walk on an old aircraft carrier and other ships Watch the sunset over the lighthouse

The Solamar is a great hotel!! We stayed there for my birthday this year. They have free wine with a munchy in the afternoon before dinner. They have a rooftop warm lap pool and bar.

We got really lucky and were upgraded to a suite!

Anyway, you are close to the bayfront and only about 2miles from Balboa Park. There's lots of restaurants/bars/clubs right outside your door.

See: http://www.gaslamp.org for the list

I agree. Parking downtown is both expensive and hard to find. I would take a cab from the airport ($10-15), then plan to take the San Diego Trolley (light rail) if you want to go to Old Town or Little Italy. A shuttle from the airport would cost you $10-15 each, so a cab would be cheaper and faster. If you want to go to Balboa Park or the Zoo, it is a short cab ride (or you can even take the city bus) from close to your hotel. Take a cab to the port. This hotel does not have a free shuttle for either the airport or pier.

You are in the heart of the Gaslamp Quarter so lots of clubs and restaurants in your neighborhood, and only a couple blocks from Cafe 222 which is one of my favorite places to eat breakfast.

Archived